Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We need another RB « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 20, 2012, 01:07:35 PM

He is man, its too bad he doesn't play for a bigger college he would be almost a shoe in for the Heisman. Kid still deserves to be in New York at the very least when the trophy is awarded. 

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#16 : November 20, 2012, 01:17:04 PM

He is man, its too bad he doesn't play for a bigger college he would be almost a shoe in for the Heisman. Kid still deserves to be in New York at the very least when the trophy is awarded.

I agree, can you imagine him on the Bucs? I am sure that he is on Schiano's scouts radar because he beat Rutgers this year.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 20, 2012, 01:22:31 PM

Would be nice to have a guy we can use like Sproles. I really don't see him going too early because he is a tiny guy and certainly not an every down back.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#18 : November 20, 2012, 01:24:19 PM

Would be nice to have a guy we can use like Sproles. I really don't see him going too early because he is a tiny guy and certainly not an every down back.

I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Madman

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 20, 2012, 01:31:51 PM

I like what DJ Ware has been doing in a limited role.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 20, 2012, 01:33:54 PM

This is a weak RB class. Probably wont' see any go in the first round this year. To bad Demps choose New England, hopefully Smith develops into a quality backup.
: November 20, 2012, 01:35:40 PM XFactor

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#21 : November 20, 2012, 01:40:45 PM

and may I ask, what has that been?

Madman

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 20, 2012, 02:01:53 PM

and may I ask, what has that been?

3rd down back. DJ has picked up some key first downs. Very solid pass protection.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 20, 2012, 02:10:48 PM

DJ Ware has done everything asked of him so far; no complaints. Could he do more? I expect so; nothing wrong with his 5.6 YPC tho', and he's been a very reliable short yardage receiver out of the backfield too.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#24 : November 20, 2012, 02:59:19 PM

DJ Ware has done everything asked of him so far; no complaints. Could he do more? I expect so; nothing wrong with his 5.6 YPC tho', and he's been a very reliable short yardage receiver out of the backfield too.

He has to do more than catch a ball every now and then, for my money. We need a blowout game (with us on top) so we can get these guys carries and really see what they can do.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 20, 2012, 03:01:04 PM

Running back is the least of my concerns right now, I think we should draft 7-8 corner backs.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#26 : November 20, 2012, 03:04:30 PM

Running back is the least of my concerns right now, I think we should draft 7-8 corner backs.

If Martin goes down, that will be your top concern like right now. I can pretty much guarantee that one...

I do agree however with your point about CB...

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#27 : November 20, 2012, 03:15:05 PM

Quote from: Timbuc2
If Martin goes down, that will be your top concern like right now. I can pretty much guarantee that one...
That's a negative actually. In the current situation, I'm okay with Legarette Blount or Ware stepping in if Doug Martin cannot go. We could even activate Michael Smith to see what we have in him. As far as next season goes, I'm not opposed to addressing this position, but I would do so through free agency.

Now if you said, Gerald McCoy or Josh Freeman went down. That would be my top concern.

Madman

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 20, 2012, 03:16:59 PM

I do agree however with your point about CB...

Sure, and if Penn goes down LT would be the top concern. McCoy the same at DT. The team is thin in many areas. I think Blount and Ware can carry the load if need be.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 20, 2012, 03:21:07 PM

Remember when BLOUNT was our starting RB and most on this board thought he was an ELITE RB....just pathetic!!!!

Bring back GRUDEN!!!
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We need another RB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools