Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Our Pass Rusher's Biggest Problem « previous next »
Page: 1

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

: November 20, 2012, 02:45:33 AM

Is that they want to lean into the OL. I have noticed this for years and they still do it. For example, tonight Aldon Smith just danced around the tackle like he always does.

Every now and then he will bull rush but that's all our guys know how to do. Lineman use their hands, slap, swim, and do whatever they need to do to get around their man.

I hope our DL was watching Smith or really any of the great DL in the league. I can't believe how much we just lean into the OL and try to push them back into the QB.

Use your hands, dance a little, get them off balance and go for it! Yes, it's that easy...try it!

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 20, 2012, 03:11:08 AM

I understand what you're saying, but this isn't magic. They can't go spin-moving their way around.

Those type of plays rarely work and most of the time, because they're off balance, they get knocked down. "Leaning" starts a point of attack, and helps them stay upright and in the play.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#2 : November 25, 2012, 08:54:30 PM

I understand what you're saying, but this isn't magic. They can't go spin-moving their way around.

Those type of plays rarely work and most of the time, because they're off balance, they get knocked down. "Leaning" starts a point of attack, and helps them stay upright and in the play.

It is sure helping us get to the passer...yeah right!

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 25, 2012, 09:04:19 PM

Is that they want to lean into the OL. I have noticed this for years and they still do it. For example, tonight Aldon Smith just danced around the tackle like he always does.

Every now and then he will bull rush but that's all our guys know how to do. Lineman use their hands, slap, swim, and do whatever they need to do to get around their man.

I hope our DL was watching Smith or really any of the great DL in the league. I can't believe how much we just lean into the OL and try to push them back into the QB.

Use your hands, dance a little, get them off balance and go for it! Yes, it's that easy...try it!

Think about why our LB are able to shine right now? DL is told to actually play the OL instead of just trying to get by 'em as fast as possible, letting someone else deal with them later on.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#4 : November 25, 2012, 09:08:20 PM

Think about why our LB are able to shine right now? DL is told to actually play the OL instead of just trying to get by 'em as fast as possible, letting someone else deal with them later on.

Sure looks like they have been trying to get past them to me but they never do.

Maybe we have been watching two different teams.

Sam Ram 33

Second String

#5 : November 25, 2012, 10:02:27 PM

our pass rushers biggest problem is the secondary.... The secondary's biggest problem is they arent very talented... there second biggest problem is the pass rush

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 25, 2012, 10:06:41 PM

We need to rush 5 and drop 6 more often.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 25, 2012, 10:14:05 PM

You have to understand a lineman's responsibility isn't always to get upfield to the QB by any means necessary. Sometimes he's there to fill a gap, therefore leaning into an OLman and holding his position is his responsibility.

With that said, our pass rush is awful. I don't know how much of a difference Clayborn would make. Some more exotic blitzes may be in order until we can get a guy that can just terrorize D's ... unfortunately both of those tasks aren't exactly easy.

The next logical step would be upgrade the secondary. Better coverage would give the DL an extra second or two to get to the QB.

Hide Tools Show Tools