Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I give Schiano big Credit « previous next »
Page: 1

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

: November 20, 2012, 01:39:40 PM

I was not a fan of this hiring at all when it happened. I just figured this will be yet another college coaching debacle. However I have changed my tune and not only because we are winning (although that helps greatly :) ) but because the guy has delivered on what he said that he was going to do as far as team direction.

One of the big things that I remember him saying when he first got hired was, "we are going to stop the run"...we have done that. He specifically said that was why he selected Barron so high. He did not talk about coverage or passing but stopping the run.

Being a former player as many of you, we know how demoralizing it can be to see teams go on long drives, due to running the ball. Looking up seeing the clock continue to run and you are sweating and tired...wow! I remember a Monday night game with us and Carolina when Gruden was coach and they ran on us all night. I would rather have a not so good pass defense then not being able to stop the run. Also I don't think that our pass defense has never really been lights out and we won a Super Bowl like that.

I love Schiano and what he brings to the table especially in press conferences. He listens to the questions and thinks about what he says before he says it. I like the way that he operates on the sidelines, as he listens to the players more than people might think. I think that we have a real good coach for a while here.

This team seems much more organized and you can't beat a good well thought out plan that is executed correctly. Don't be surprised to see a magical ending to the season!

This opinion is coming from a guy who hated the Schiano hiring! I have drank the kool aid!

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#1 : November 20, 2012, 02:27:37 PM

If he can build a sense of pride for Rutgers, when they didn't win big, there is hope for big things in the bay!

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 20, 2012, 07:15:18 PM

If he can build a sense of pride for Rutgers, when they didn't win big, there is hope for big things in the bay!
   "Big things in the bay"; like that! Bucs could use that in a slogan..
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I give Schiano big Credit « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools