Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Playoff Calculator « previous next »
Page: 1 2

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

#15 : November 21, 2012, 11:38:10 AM

We gotta win four of our last six and finish 10-6 or better. It's that simple. If we do that, we'll probably get in. If we finish 9-7 or worse we are out.

For the record, they said on NFL network (or ESPN I can't remember) that in the event of a tie, the Bucs would get the nod over the Seahawks. I'm not sure why or how, but they were dicussing the formula and all that, and the experts said the Bucs would in fact win a tie with the Seahawks.

What we don't want is the Cowboys or Saints to finish 10-6.

Since we don't play the Seahawks head to head, the tie breaker will be in conference record. Right now they would win it, but since 5 of our last 6 games are against NFC opponents, and likely all four of the necessary wins would come against those opponents, we would end up winning that tiebreaker.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 21, 2012, 12:24:05 PM

Greg Schiano went and asked the Seahawks on there forums to go ahead and tone it down for us. Should be a problem.

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

#17 : November 26, 2012, 01:51:57 PM

Figured I would bump this. Played with it for a little bit. IMO, it was a bigger help that the Seahawks, Saints, and Vikings loss, than it was a detriment than we lost to the Falcons. We are obviously rooting for the Falcons this week against the Saints, and to pretty much win out so that they rest the last week. Also, hopefully the bans on the Seahawks' corners go through, so maybe the Bills can sneak a W away from them. However, we might want them to appeal their suspensions a week, so that they play against the Bears (a game they should lose), but then do not play against the Rams in week 17 (hopefully a close divisional game).

With things going the right way, it is definitely possible for us to make the playoffs with a 9-7 record. Winning 4 out of 5, and going 10-6, would almost for sure lock up a playoff birth.
: November 26, 2012, 01:54:11 PM FreeHawk

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 26, 2012, 02:04:42 PM

Greg Schiano went and asked the Seahawks on there forums to go ahead and tone it down for us. Should be a problem.

They seem to be complying. Not only did they lose, but they also have set up their two starting CBs for 4 game suspensions.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 26, 2012, 02:17:38 PM

Helps that Seattle top two cb of facing suspension for adderal . However they are appealing so who know when they will be suspended.

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

#20 : November 26, 2012, 02:40:41 PM

Helps that Seattle top two cb of facing suspension for adderal . However they are appealing so who know when they will be suspended.

According to PFT, their appellate hearings will be next week.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/26/league-wants-to-have-sherman-browner-hearing-next-week/

Badabingnrt

Starter

#21 : November 26, 2012, 06:38:50 PM

Figured I would bump this. Played with it for a little bit. IMO, it was a bigger help that the Seahawks, Saints, and Vikings loss, than it was a detriment than we lost to the Falcons. We are obviously rooting for the Falcons this week against the Saints, and to pretty much win out so that they rest the last week. Also, hopefully the bans on the Seahawks' corners go through, so maybe the Bills can sneak a W away from them. However, we might want them to appeal their suspensions a week, so that they play against the Bears (a game they should lose), but then do not play against the Rams in week 17 (hopefully a close divisional game).

With things going the right way, it is definitely possible for us to make the playoffs with a 9-7 record. Winning 4 out of 5, and going 10-6, would almost for sure lock up a playoff birth.

Agreed.  4 and 1 would lock it up but how long have you been a Buccaneer fan haha.  We will finish 9-7 so we need to hope for that Seattle and Saints losses.

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

#22 : November 26, 2012, 07:02:38 PM

Agreed.  4 and 1 would lock it up but how long have you been a Buccaneer fan haha.  We will finish 9-7 so we need to hope for that Seattle and Saints losses.

11 years, but I am only 20, so some of those years are a little fuzzy lol. I don't think 10-6 is all that likely, but I don't feel horrible about our chances if we end up 9-7.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Playoff Calculator « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools