Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: THE SCHIANO ERA IS RESEMBLING DUNGY'S TENURE IN TAMPA BAY « previous next »
Page: 1

PewterReportDL

Starter
: November 20, 2012, 04:56:45 PM

With strict on and off the field discipline, a change in culture, and belief in the system the 2012 Buccaneers led by Greg Schiano are beginning to take the shape of another "new era" Tampa Bay had 16 years ago under former head coach Tony Dungy.

https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=8547:&Itemid=15

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#1 : November 20, 2012, 05:10:49 PM

With strict on and off the field discipline, a change in culture, and belief in the system the 2012 Buccaneers led by Greg Schiano are beginning to take the shape of another "new era" Tampa Bay had 16 years ago under former head coach Tony Dungy.

https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=8547:&Itemid=15

I love coach Schiano but there is a long ways to go before you can start to compare him to Dungy or even any real good NFL coaches. His first year isn't even over yet.

Am I optimistic? Sure, just not ready to compare him yet.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 20, 2012, 07:00:47 PM

I love coach Schiano but there is a long ways to go before you can start to compare him to Dungy or even any real good NFL coaches. His first year isn't even over yet.

Am I optimistic? Sure, just not ready to compare him yet.

I agree. Dungy's impact on the team was not near as drastic or immediate as Schiano has proven to be.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 20, 2012, 07:12:52 PM

Certainly there are similarities, but Schiano & Co. have put together a far more potent offense. Dungy was ultimately let go because his Bucs were never sufficiently upgraded on the offensive side of the ball to win in the playoffs.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 20, 2012, 07:13:35 PM

Certainly there are similarities, but Schiano & Co. have put together a far more potent offense. Dungy was ultimately let go because his Bucs were never sufficiently upgraded on the offensive side of the ball to win in the playoffs.

agree

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 20, 2012, 08:58:32 PM

Thee only real difference I see between Dungy and Schiano is that Greg is flexible enough to bring in Quality Offensive coaches and allow them to implement a solid offensive system.

BucFanHudson31

Starter

#6 : November 20, 2012, 09:03:05 PM

Now I Understand how St Louis fans felt when they had the "Greatest show on Turf" going on.....

Great times to be a Tampa fan.

Us diehards here deserve every bit of this 6-4 steam rolling machine of a team we got going here in the dirty.,

Watch out Atl

Freeman has improved and I was wrong about him.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: THE SCHIANO ERA IS RESEMBLING DUNGY'S TENURE IN TAMPA BAY « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools