Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL.com Power Rankings: Week 12 « previous next »
Page: 1

Hate

Hall of Famer
: November 20, 2012, 08:04:13 PM

RANK - 11

6-4 BUCCANEERS

Sunday's win in Charlotte was absolutely ridiculous. The throw-and-catch from Josh Freeman to Vincent Jackson, when the Bucs were down, 21-13, with 15 ticks left, was unbelievable. Freeman's ball placement on the subsequent two-point conversion said a lot about his development from last season. Speaking of which ... the next couple games on the Bucs' docket should reveal much about the ilk of this team: vs. Falcons, at Broncos.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000098244/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-12-49ers-rise-chiefs-hit-the-cellar

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 20, 2012, 08:21:04 PM

Nice. Let's keep it rolling Bucs

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 20, 2012, 08:37:05 PM

Seems about right, #11.

A split of the next 2 would be nice.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 20, 2012, 08:50:32 PM

Seems about right, #11.

i'm greedy...i want em both!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

BucFanHudson31

Starter

#4 : November 20, 2012, 08:54:33 PM

Seems about right, #11.

i'm greedy...i want em both!!!

**CENSORED**,the way this team is playing why not???

Got my money on the Bucs,lets do this...( Sunday is going to be a blast)

Freeman has improved and I was wrong about him.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#5 : November 20, 2012, 09:10:19 PM

#10 on ESPN's

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#6 : November 20, 2012, 11:35:25 PM

Let's keep ballin' baby! Yeah I'm sayin' it...we will win out and go 12-4, and I predict that the secondary starts to play just a little better. That's what we need, for them to just pick it up a little bit.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 20, 2012, 11:43:02 PM

Let's keep ballin' baby! Yeah I'm sayin' it...we will win out and go 12-4, and I predict that the secondary starts to play just a little better. That's what we need, for them to just pick it up a little bit.

Call me crazy, but I think it's improving w/the likes of Johnson, Lewis, and Biggers. I guess this notion will play out on Sunday.

IMO, the biggest issue right now w/the secondary is Mark Barron. If you look at a few of the "big" pass plays last Sunday (the TD, PI in the end zone), Barron didn't make the proper play and it cost the team. Granted, Foster bit too much on the play fake on the TD pass, but Barron wasn't where he needed to be. Add in the fact that if Newton isn't off on the long pass to Olsen, that's possibly another long TD pass due to Barron's trailing Olsen in coverage.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#8 : November 20, 2012, 11:48:27 PM

Call me crazy, but I think it's improving w/the likes of Johnson, Lewis, and Biggers. I guess this notion will play out on Sunday.

IMO, the biggest issue right now w/the secondary is Mark Barron. If you look at a few of the "big" pass plays last Sunday (the TD, PI in the end zone), Barron didn't make the proper play and it cost the team. Granted, Foster bit too much on the play fake on the TD pass, but Barron wasn't where he needed to be. Add in the fact that if Newton isn't off on the long pass to Olsen, that's possibly another long TD pass due to Barron's trailing Olsen in coverage.

Agreed, Barron needs to really pick it up. He has all of the tools, he is just not thinking clearly out there. Might have to see a little more of Black. As much as I hate to say it, he looks like the better safety now. We know of his body of work at Florida so it's not a fluke that he is playing well. Plus he didn't have a defense like Alabama to pick up his slack.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL.com Power Rankings: Week 12 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools