Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Let's remember how good we feel about the team now... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

KCBuc

Starter

: November 21, 2012, 01:38:28 AM

...Before the schedule gets much, much harder.

It seems folks on this board change he way they feel about this team/players/coaches at the drop of a dime, and I hope we remember how we feel about the team now if things turn to crap once the schedule get much more difficult.

People wanted Schiano and Freeman's heads on a plate only a few weeks ago (even though we had shown huge improvement over last year and were only losing by one score each week against some very good teams) and now they want to give them keys to the city. More than likely, they'll have their pitchforks ready again if we should lose 2 or 3 in a row again.

This team shows incredible promise for the future. They're decimated with injuries and have still found a way to win. I hope they get a bit of a pass if things should end on a sour note this season (which is more than likely going to happen). It doesn't mean the team collapsed again - just like last year or 2009. This is a different team on the way up. I just hope everyone remembers that.

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#1 : November 21, 2012, 01:46:12 AM

well said.

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

Wesmon

Second String

#2 : November 21, 2012, 01:52:09 AM

It seems folks on this board change he way they feel about this team/players/coaches at the drop of a dime, and I hope we remember how we feel about the team now if things turn to crap once the schedule get much more difficult.

People wanted Schiano and Freeman's heads on a plate only a few weeks ago (even though we had shown huge improvement over last year and were only losing by one score each week against some very good teams) and now they want to give them keys to the city. More than likely, they'll have their pitchforks ready again if we should lose 2 or 3 in a row again.

This team shows incredible promise for the future. They're decimated with injuries and have still found a way to win. I hope they get a bit of a pass if things should end on a sour note this season (which is more than likely going to happen). It doesn't mean the team collapsed again - just like last year or 2009. This is a different team on the way up. I just hope everyone remembers that.

The way this team is going I don't expect them to lose 2 or 3 in a row. I honestly think we will be in every game from here on out, and it will just be a question of whether or not we can finish all those games and win. And I include the Denver game in this equation.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 21, 2012, 01:54:06 AM

Seems like you're in for a surprise...... when we handle the 'tough part of the schedule'. Have faith!!

-------------------------------------------------------

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 21, 2012, 01:57:32 AM

A lot of people were happy after 2010. We all know what happened after that... But I blame coaching for most of the mess of 2011.

I think Denver is going to be the toughest game. Unless Peyton has a down day, that's going to be hard to win. As far as the others....you have to say we are favored against the Eagles and Rams. Nothing is a given in the NFL but those are teams we should beat. The division games will all be close games.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 21, 2012, 02:03:30 AM

For sure its tougher part of the schedule and if things slip a little its no reason to panic. I think this season has been fun and still a lot to go but I think this teams very best days are still ahead. Maybe not this season but who knows maybe they will tear it up to close this season. Who knows. I'm not gonna talk guarantees with this team. Did that earlier this season and learned from that. Never ever count this team out. With that said its still a young team with some holes and inexperience on the bigger stage. I think anybody can win it if they get in but I'm not sure this team can beat the very best yet. They could but I'm not ready to crown them yet. Point is I think this teams best days are still coming. However this team has arrived. They are now a team you do not take lightly. You better bring it if your gonna win.
: November 21, 2012, 02:05:21 AM BucBalla85

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 21, 2012, 02:20:08 AM

Folks? You're talking about a small group of people. Most of the people here are not like that. We support the team no matter what. That doesn't mean we're not critical but we don't turn on the team/players/coaches at the drop of a hat. I've been a fan since 1988 and don't need to be told how to feel about the team.

Good for them. I really don't give a *** about those fans. They're going to do what they're going to do no matter what any of us say. Let them flip flop all they want.

More than likely going to happen? Says who? I'll stay positive. It's a hell of a lot more fun that way. And if it doesn't happen
like I want, oh well. I'll look forward to next year like I always do.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 21, 2012, 02:57:37 AM

Folks? You're talking about a small group of people. Most of the people here are not like that. We support the team no matter what. That doesn't mean we're not critical but we don't turn on the team/players/coaches at the drop of a hat. I've been a fan since 1988 and don't need to be told how to feel about the team.

Good for them. I really don't give a *** about those fans. They're going to do what they're going to do no matter what any of us say. Let them flip flop all they want.

More than likely going to happen? Says who? I'll stay positive. It's a hell of a lot more fun that way. And if it doesn't happen
like I want, oh well. I'll look forward to next year like I always do.
Yeah, there's a difference between winning with mirrors and being special. Let's hope for the best.... Maybe we get it.

In Verner We Trust

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 21, 2012, 05:11:41 AM

Nobody (other than JavaRay and his buddies) enjoyed the collapse of 2011 and the prospects that left for the future. Most of us root for the team to do well, no matter what, even when there is a GM, coach, or player we have lost faith in. From Dungy to Gruden, McKay to Allen, Gruden/Allen to Morris/Dominik, to Schiano/Dominik, each change was necessary to improve the franchise in one area or another. The team has had issues in talent, cap space, and leadership. I believe the team has finally arrived at the threshold of the perfect storm. The team clearly has talent though there are still depth issues and a few holes to fill. We're in pretty good shape with the salary cap. The leadership has already changed the culture of quitting that doomed this team last year.........and that's the key. No matter what happens, these guys will not quit. They're not going to win every game they ever play, but they will never quit. It's a new attitude. It's a winning attitude. When the fans recognize that, they will fill RJS to the brim.

These Bucaneers are going to be playoff contenders year after year. I felt that from the moment I heard Greg Schiano was hired. When he sees a problem, he fixes it ASAP. I don't always agree with what he does (Blount/Martin), but it's hard to argue with the results. Schiano is exactly what this team needed. The Bucs are prepared and they never give up. You can't turn on a team like that. We have a record breaking offense ten games into the season. We've never had that. Enjoy this. It's rare, but soon to become common.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#9 : November 21, 2012, 06:07:50 AM

People wanted Schiano and Freeman's heads on a plate only a few weeks ago

Seriously?  I must have missed that. If they did, they were clueless, imo. Anyone who followed the team for more than a year could easily see their progress from 2011.

DamianG

Rookie

#10 : November 21, 2012, 06:54:23 AM

Prepared to take two Ls in a row.....hope not tho :I

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 21, 2012, 07:37:04 AM

Prepared to take two Ls in a row.....hope not tho :I

How can you possibly enjoy watching your team play on Sunday if you have that attitude going in? I just don't get it.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 21, 2012, 07:43:26 AM

I reserve the right to change my mind. I'm not sure where or why it happened but people act as though your thoughts on Greg Schiano and Freeman can't change. I'd say that so far this season if your thoughts on our team hasn't changed your clueless. As far as my expectations of this team, they have changed little. There are more than a few uninformed posters around here but anyone can look at our schedule and see that the offenses we face are strongest in our defensive point of weakness.

Big picture we should all change our thoughts as the team progresses. If you wake up Monday morning and want Schiano fired because the Falcons beat us, that is a you problem.

To the OP, you sound like a classic bucs fan. Instead of just enjoying watching the team play, you spend your time telling people about bad we really are. Your post seems annoyed that we're an improved team.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#13 : November 21, 2012, 07:52:35 AM

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 21, 2012, 08:34:40 AM

I for one do not think this season will be looked back on as a delusion as some previous seasons now are. We are right now playing solid football. Our 'weak' pass D can be largely attributed to a combination of unavailability of key D'linemen (Price, Bowers, Clayborn, Okoye), and DB's (Talib and Wright), and the inordinate number of games vs the NFL's best QBs, who are gonna get their yards 99% of the time. I look at the number of players, either new acquisitions or 'average' guys from last year, who are greatly improved, and STILL improvong game by game, and being productive. THAT is the mark of a good coaching staff, which is the key to future success. ALL our games to date have been competitive, despite major injuries.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Let's remember how good we feel about the team now... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools