Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No ones saying it, so I will « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
: November 21, 2012, 08:15:57 AM

The Dungy PR comparison article prompted me to think more about our current bucs. More specifically, how different this team actually is. In terms of philosophy and accountability I can see the similarities, but in terms of personnel this bucs team was built completely different!

Beyond that i got to thinking about the Gruden years. I have a lot of respect and appreciation for the superbowl win, but his name Keeps coming up in philly and elsewhere as a premier coach. Well I am here to say this, Sullivan's offense under Schiano is making Grudens tired west coast offense look like "child's play," pun intended. If Gruden was an offensive genius, what does that make Sully?

I get it, it's only 10 game. We've never had a 6 game stretch like this, ever. I'm not here to create a tired bash gruden thread as so many have before, rather, I'm here to point out the obvious yet silent elephant in the room. Bucs fans who live in the area should go to the games again. If you supported a third down overthrow 40 yards down the field on 3rd and one under gruden, then you should definitely go out and see these young bucs play!

That is all!
Thoughts?

shadowhawk2020

Rookie

#1 : November 21, 2012, 08:20:10 AM

Having a good team doesn't give the local fans the money to go to the games...

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 21, 2012, 08:24:00 AM

Tired of that excuse. Buffalo's economy sucks, bills fans still go to games. There's probably 500,000 people in the Tampa area (including surrounding towns, etc.) so please don't feed me that line anymore. People make choices and are choosing not to spend money on the bucs.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 21, 2012, 08:26:56 AM

Fill the nosebleed section I always see empty. There's $35 tickets in the stadium.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 21, 2012, 08:30:02 AM

Fill the nosebleed section I always see empty. There's $35 tickets in the stadium.
You beat me to the point.

shadowhawk2020

Rookie

#5 : November 21, 2012, 08:35:31 AM

For two to go to the game + food and the 2 hour drive each way is more than my monthly electric bill.  When the economy was good and I wasn't underemployed I went to a few games a year.  This year I may get to one.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 21, 2012, 08:37:28 AM

Tired of that excuse. Buffalo's economy sucks, bills fans still go to games. There's probably 500,000 people in the Tampa area (including surrounding towns, etc.) so please don't feed me that line anymore. People make choices and are choosing not to spend money on the bucs.
    Or the Rays...

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler
#7 : November 21, 2012, 08:45:48 AM

Ticket price isn't the issue for me, it's concessions and parking.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 21, 2012, 08:57:36 AM

I pre-drink before the game

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 21, 2012, 09:03:26 AM

I cannot afford to go.  Bills or Bucs.  Mortgage comes first, sorry.  No job.  And my whole block and many streets on either side of us in same boat....I'm  glad people in Buffalo can go to their games.  Why don't you get that Tampa and environs cannot afford to go?  Is it too hard to imagine that there really is no money left after bills, food and gas.  I mean....Not a penney.  No bus money.  No movie money.  No fast food money.  NO MONEY!!!!!!  If $35 + concessions+parking is doable for you, I am happy for you.   But if you think enough fans to make a difference have that you are in a serious state of denial.  People who do not have the money are not really thrilled to let you know that.  There is a stigma, shame etc.   SO STOP THE STUPID, INSENSITIVE, AND JUST PLAIN IGNORANT COMMENTS.....

There are people dressing well, driving paid for or about to be paid for nice cars etc who are not eating 3 suares and have given up cigs and beer for lack of money...its just not bread lines with pix in the paper.  But its there just the same.  AND YES, THIS IS IN AMERICA, IN EVERY STATE AND HERE IN TAMPA.

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#10 : November 21, 2012, 09:09:56 AM

I think we have to be realistic with ourselves when we use the money card.  If money is an issue, you have to scale down your expectations right?

Thus, Parking and concession shouldn't really be an issue because there is free parking if you walk far enough, and you can survive the game without eating if you time your meals. 

If you sign up as a designated driver you can even drink for free.

Diehards find a way, but we don't have many because the majority are diehard college fans.

jcaulfield8

Second String

#11 : November 21, 2012, 09:14:58 AM

The Dungy PR comparison article prompted me to think more about our current bucs. More specifically, how different this team actually is. In terms of philosophy and accountability I can see the similarities, but in terms of personnel this bucs team was built completely different!

Beyond that i got to thinking about the Gruden years. I have a lot of respect and appreciation for the superbowl win, but his name Keeps coming up in philly and elsewhere as a premier coach. Well I am here to say this, Sullivan's offense under Schiano is making Grudens tired west coast offense look like "child's play," pun intended. If Gruden was an offensive genius, what does that make Sully?

I get it, it's only 10 game. We've never had a 6 game stretch like this, ever. I'm not here to create a tired bash gruden thread as so many have before, rather, I'm here to point out the obvious yet silent elephant in the room. Bucs fans who live in the area should go to the games again. If you supported a third down overthrow 40 yards down the field on 3rd and one under gruden, then you should definitely go out and see these young bucs play!

That is all!
Thoughts?

no one is talking about bucs fans not going to games?
are we reading the same threads here or does it just so happen every one i open talks about it..must be luck of the draw

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#12 : November 21, 2012, 09:17:30 AM

I cannot afford to go.  Bills or Bucs.  Mortgage comes first, sorry.  No job.  And my whole block and many streets on either side of us in same boat....I'm  glad people in Buffalo can go to their games.  Why don't you get that Tampa and environs cannot afford to go?  Is it too hard to imagine that there really is no money left after bills, food and gas.  I mean....Not a penney.  No bus money.  No movie money.  No fast food money.  NO MONEY!!!!!!  If $35 + concessions+parking is doable for you, I am happy for you.   But if you think enough fans to make a difference have that you are in a serious state of denial.  People who do not have the money are not really thrilled to let you know that.  There is a stigma, shame etc.   SO STOP THE STUPID, INSENSITIVE, AND JUST PLAIN IGNORANT COMMENTS.....

There are people dressing well, driving paid for or about to be paid for nice cars etc who are not eating 3 suares and have given up cigs and beer for lack of money...its just not bread lines with pix in the paper.  But its there just the same.  AND YES, THIS IS IN AMERICA, IN EVERY STATE AND HERE IN TAMPA.

I don't believe this is the target audience.  There are people in every state, as you mention, that really are living off every cent.  I feel for them, and hopefully the economy turns around.

I think the target audience are those people who may be on tighter budgets than before, but could still attend games if they put the Bucs as a priority.  I think it is also the people still doing really well, that just aren't Buc fans unless its a popular choice.  I believe the intention of the post was to suggest it should be a popular decision again.

Not to be stupid, insensitive, or just plain ignorant but reality is there is still a large percentage of the population doing well.  The gap between the classes is growing for sure, but there are a lot more people becoming well off through methods other than working for someone else.  America has changed, but not everyone or everything has synchronized.
: November 21, 2012, 09:19:09 AM BaghdadJoe54

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 21, 2012, 09:28:16 AM

Why do people use the "cost excuse" as if Tampa is the only city in the US that has a down economy?

Pretty sure Detroit is as depressed if not more so than the Tampa area yet they're filling 98.1% of their stadium so far this season.

2 tixs =$70

Parking =$15

Food/drink at the stadium =$30

Total =$115

Is that outrageous for 2 people to attend a sporting event?

If this post is insensitive, I apologize...I just don't understand how other team's fans in cities w/sh*t economies continue to support "their" team while this one doesn't...and don't even get me started again regarding Rays attendance...even more pathetic.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 21, 2012, 09:40:11 AM

Just saying 'it's the economy' is only addressing part of the problem, it's not just the casual fan that we need to convince, it's the companies that used to buy Buc tickets that are the problem IMO.

The team has done it's part, it's winning and it's exciting. The Glazers have done their's by lowering ticket prices and even some concession prices and parking fees as well as calling the stadium a sellout at 85% of seating capacity. Not sure what else the Bucs in general can do.

The die hard fans were never the problem, they always find a way to come to the stadium for the games. The problem actually lies with companies that used to buy a bulk amount of season tickets each year and distribute them to their employees or as gifts to visiting sales people or VIPs. The companies that used to support the team years ago have not stepped up and purchased tickets as they have done in the past. I suspect that if the team continues it's turn around, next season should see a bigger commitment from the local businesses.

As far as the casual fans, I don't think they quite yet believe in this team. I do think that some of the casual fans ARE starting to buy tickets, but too many are still waiting to see what kind of team this is. I don't know if the game will meet the sellout requirements this week, but I suspect if the game is blacked out, you WILL see a decent walk up crowd.

If the Bucs win against the Falcons, I think that will be the game that will change perceptions about the Bucs.

The old stars that brought the casual fans to the game are long gone, the new stars haven't had a chance to settle in their minds yet. Even the local press isn't quite on the bandwagon yet. Too often I see articles that tell the fans NOT to get excited - we were fooled before, and that kind of press will just keep some wallets in pockets.

I think that despite the economy, there are plenty of casual fans out there that will be willing to spend money on Bucs games once they think that doing so is worth their time. The Bucs are not competing against the Lighting at the moment for the limited excess funds that the fans have, the fans that are on the fence just aren't convinced yet that they should go.

So a win against a good Atlanta team I suspect will finally break that dam, even a good showing and a close loss might still be enough, but IMO this team needs a win against a quality opponent for fans to believe. Too many fans still have visions of that last year 10 game slide, of being fooled by a team that just can't get over that hump. And that's why we are still struggling to get fans to the game.

I'm really hoping that some companies start to step up and purchase some game tickets, once that starts, the blackouts will end.

JMO.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No ones saying it, so I will « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools