Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No ones saying it, so I will « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #15 : November 21, 2012, 09:50:50 AM »

Now when you say "No one's saying it," did you perhaps mean 'it's a subject of constant discussion'?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
« #16 : November 21, 2012, 10:19:33 AM »

Mike Sullivan's offense is fun and fits in this league. Vertical offense and a solid running game. Fun to watch honestly.

rob

Rookie
« #17 : November 21, 2012, 10:21:58 AM »

Maybe my situation is unique, but I doubt it.

Cost was not an issue.  I was a happy season ticket holder for several years and then the '09 season happened (03-13 record).  My section would get invaded by drunk a-holes after halftime (after the stadium would quit checking for tickets.)  Wanted to move to a different section and was willing to pay the difference in price and the difference in seat deposit.  They told me I would have to renew my license (~$1200 more) and then I could move.  So I let my tickets expire (and in the process lost the ~ $800.00 left as a seat deposit on my old seats.)

Enter last year:  Decided to get season tickets again and let me tell you, after the Saints game, there was nothing enjoyable about going to the games.  Usually within the first 5 mins of the first quarter, the game was over.  We would then sit there for the rest of the game while fans of the other team stood and taunted us.  I couldn't believe I was paying a couple hundred dollars a game to be the opposite of entertained.

So I guess I am a fair weather fan because I'm done.  I would much rather sit at home and watch from there.  If they are blacked out, I'll go do something else or watch a different game.  If you think you can shame me into going to the game by calling me a Sh1$%y fan you are wrong.

When they were selling out they gave me the finger when I wanted to change seats, then they put a product on the field that was not worth paying to see.  If I ran a business like this, I would not have many customers either.  And calling them fair-weather customers will not bring them back either.  Several years of poor ownership is not going to be erased by a half of year of winning and money being spent one off-season.

When I had season tickets, I didn’t care if it was on TV.  So, I guess the people that are complaining it is blacked out are hypocrites that are not at the game either; they just want others to spend their money so they can watch it at home for free.

JohnBuc06

Starter

« #18 : November 21, 2012, 10:45:48 AM »

Just saying 'it's the economy' is only addressing part of the problem, it's not just the casual fan that we need to convince, it's the companies that used to buy Buc tickets that are the problem IMO.

The team has done it's part, it's winning and it's exciting. The Glazers have done their's by lowering ticket prices and even some concession prices and parking fees as well as calling the stadium a sellout at 85% of seating capacity. Not sure what else the Bucs in general can do.

The die hard fans were never the problem, they always find a way to come to the stadium for the games. The problem actually lies with companies that used to buy a bulk amount of season tickets each year and distribute them to their employees or as gifts to visiting sales people or VIPs. The companies that used to support the team years ago have not stepped up and purchased tickets as they have done in the past. I suspect that if the team continues it's turn around, next season should see a bigger commitment from the local businesses.

As far as the casual fans, I don't think they quite yet believe in this team. I do think that some of the casual fans ARE starting to buy tickets, but too many are still waiting to see what kind of team this is. I don't know if the game will meet the sellout requirements this week, but I suspect if the game is blacked out, you WILL see a decent walk up crowd.

If the Bucs win against the Falcons, I think that will be the game that will change perceptions about the Bucs.

The old stars that brought the casual fans to the game are long gone, the new stars haven't had a chance to settle in their minds yet. Even the local press isn't quite on the bandwagon yet. Too often I see articles that tell the fans NOT to get excited - we were fooled before, and that kind of press will just keep some wallets in pockets.

I think that despite the economy, there are plenty of casual fans out there that will be willing to spend money on Bucs games once they think that doing so is worth their time. The Bucs are not competing against the Lighting at the moment for the limited excess funds that the fans have, the fans that are on the fence just aren't convinced yet that they should go.

So a win against a good Atlanta team I suspect will finally break that dam, even a good showing and a close loss might still be enough, but IMO this team needs a win against a quality opponent for fans to believe. Too many fans still have visions of that last year 10 game slide, of being fooled by a team that just can't get over that hump. And that's why we are still struggling to get fans to the game.

I'm really hoping that some companies start to step up and purchase some game tickets, once that starts, the blackouts will end.

JMO.

Excellent post ...agree 100%, especially on the lack of corporate support.  I believe that's a big sign of how the down economy has impacted the Bucs.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #19 : November 21, 2012, 10:46:18 AM »

Ticket price isn't the issue for me, it's concessions and parking.

BK lounge is on the corner. I hardly ever buy concessions.

-------------------------------------------------------

jhop88

Hall of Famer

« #20 : November 21, 2012, 11:05:33 AM »

If they are blacked out, I'll go do something else or watch a different game. 

This is the part that makes me SMH.

I guess I'm lucky to be able to either go to the games or because I live outside of FL and have DirecTV, I can watch all the Bucs games on Sunday ticket, but as a fan of the Bucs, how can you stand not being able to watch the games? Come 1 or 4:25 on gamedays, I'm really looking forward to watching the Bucs play. If I had to watch another game instead, I think I'd be like a little kid who has no toys to play with.

sandogbuc

Second String

« #21 : November 21, 2012, 11:10:40 AM »

I'll be at the game this Sunday but living out of state, I've not missed a Bucs game since we played the Giants in 97 (traveling). Born and raised in St. Pete the Bucs have been and always will be my team. Just couldn't imagine not supporting them and believe me last season tested my loyalty to the fullest.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

« #22 : November 21, 2012, 11:29:06 AM »

You do realize you can watch the game on the internet, right?

I've been to 1 game this year and have only been able to get 2 on TV. All the rest I have streamed online. May not be the best quality, but at least you see the game.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #23 : November 21, 2012, 11:37:59 AM »

Maybe my situation is unique, but I doubt it.

Cost was not an issue.  I was a happy season ticket holder for several years and then the '09 season happened (03-13 record).  My section would get invaded by drunk a-holes after halftime (after the stadium would quit checking for tickets.)  Wanted to move to a different section and was willing to pay the difference in price and the difference in seat deposit.  They told me I would have to renew my license (~$1200 more) and then I could move.  So I let my tickets expire (and in the process lost the ~ $800.00 left as a seat deposit on my old seats.)

Enter last year:  Decided to get season tickets again and let me tell you, after the Saints game, there was nothing enjoyable about going to the games.  Usually within the first 5 mins of the first quarter, the game was over.  We would then sit there for the rest of the game while fans of the other team stood and taunted us.  I couldn't believe I was paying a couple hundred dollars a game to be the opposite of entertained.

So I guess I am a fair weather fan because I'm done.  I would much rather sit at home and watch from there.  If they are blacked out, I'll go do something else or watch a different game.  If you think you can shame me into going to the game by calling me a Sh1$%y fan you are wrong.

When they were selling out they gave me the finger when I wanted to change seats, then they put a product on the field that was not worth paying to see.  If I ran a business like this, I would not have many customers either.  And calling them fair-weather customers will not bring them back either.  Several years of poor ownership is not going to be erased by a half of year of winning and money being spent one off-season.

When I had season tickets, I didn’t care if it was on TV.  So, I guess the people that are complaining it is blacked out are hypocrites that are not at the game either; they just want others to spend their money so they can watch it at home for free.

Maybe there needs to be a culture change beyond the confines of the locker room. Before Schiano Rutgers couldn't fill their stadium by giving away tickets. If his influence extends to the Glazers, maybe their policies in dealing with the fans who attend the games will become a little more friendly. Drunks at sporting events are always a problem.

Just for the record, the population of the Tampa Bay area has to be well over a million. It was near that thirty years ago.

Also, the population of the metropolitan Detroit area has to be at least three times that of Tampa (even with people moving out), and an economic worth ten or twenty times that of Tampa. You don't see tourists from Tampa at the Henry Ford Museum. Tampa doesn't even make beer at Bush Gardens anymore. Detroit is still building cars (thanks to Obama).

Sporting events cost too much, and many players get paid too much. That much will never change.

I have DirecTv in Pennsylvania just so I can watch my Bucs. Do what you can to support this team. We finally have a team that is worth it.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
« #24 : November 21, 2012, 01:29:19 PM »

The Glazers in part are to blame. Now I said in part, ok. Yes the economy tanked and a lot of people lost jobs and homes and are still recouping. But my point is that the Glazers alienated many in their fanbase with what was seen as playing on the cheap for years. Now after an off season of spending, a good draft and new coaches. The Glazers expect that all should be forgiven. It's going to take a little more than that to pull the fan base back into the fold. JMO

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #25 : November 21, 2012, 01:43:32 PM »

The Glazers in part are to blame. Now I said in part, ok. Yes the economy tanked and a lot of people lost jobs and homes and are still recouping. But my point is that the Glazers alienated many in their fanbase with what was seen as playing on the cheap for years. Now after an off season of spending, a good draft and new coaches. The Glazers expect that all should be forgiven. It's going to take a little more than that to pull the fan base back into the fold. JMO

so what are these Bucs fans getting?  they are gonna watch choppy internet feeds just to show the Glazers up?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer
« #26 : November 21, 2012, 01:44:51 PM »

The woe is me im poor excuse never gets old.

Just face it Tampa...you guys suck at supporting your teams. You don't go see the Lightning...yo don't see the Rays...and you don't see the Bucs...

its pathetic and honestly I don't see why the state of florida even deserves teams...nobody supports them.

At 35 bucks a pop....for 8 games + parking...its around 400 bucks..

you don't have 400 dollars to spare for a season?

yeah right....puhlease.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

« #27 : November 21, 2012, 01:51:24 PM »

Mike Sullivan's offense is fun and fits in this league. Vertical offense and a solid running game. Fun to watch honestly.
Indeed, I think its very modern. I was sick of watching Olsen-Gruden offense for a decade. It was time to move on. Now if we can just get some corners.......

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
« #28 : November 21, 2012, 02:00:54 PM »

Quote from: Detrimental
Indeed, I think its very modern. I was sick of watching Olsen-Gruden offense for a decade. It was time to move on. Now if we can just get some corners.......
I think we should just go with 4 safeties and 7 players up front. No corners at all.

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

« #29 : November 21, 2012, 02:01:38 PM »

This is the part that makes me SMH.

I guess I'm lucky to be able to either go to the games or because I live outside of FL and have DirecTV, I can watch all the Bucs games on Sunday ticket, but as a fan of the Bucs, how can you stand not being able to watch the games? Come 1 or 4:25 on gamedays, I'm really looking forward to watching the Bucs play. If I had to watch another game instead, I think I'd be like a little kid who has no toys to play with.

I agree.  While some people get excited for Fridays (I did in college), right now nothing beats the anticipation for Sunday (or gameday).

There are plenty of reasons not to support the team, but at some point you I think you realize you have to control what you can control.  You can control supporting your team, or not.  You can't control the Glazers, players, or coaches.

I do find it ironic that people can spend hours on a message board for a team that come Sunday if they are blacked out will do something else.  Seems odd.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No ones saying it, so I will « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools