Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Falcons Message Board... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Sim

Starter

: November 21, 2012, 02:15:17 PM

Had some time to kill and decided to check out the dirty birds message board and it really jumps out at you how anxious their fanbase really is about their team. You got threads about this being a "must win game", what the best outcome of the 49ers-Saints game should be, and what changes should be made if they go one and done in the playoffs. You can't deny that fan expectations definitely have an impact on team expectations and they really seem to be the most desperate 9-1 team I've ever seen. Which seems to be the polar opposite of where the Bucs are right now and why I think that we win this game.

With a new coaching staff and new culture, we've seen dramatic improvement already this season and it's safe to say that we're playing with house money right now. Couple this with Schiano's weekly "1-game season" approach and we've got the makings of a supremely confident team that has, so far, shown the ability to improve and be competitive in every game this season. It's also been a long time since i've had faith that our team is fundamentally sound enough to beat any team in this league.

It sounds weird but our entire season seems to have been building up to this game. Simply from a confidence standpoint, it's the perfect storm that will be unleashed on the Falcons on Sunday.

Go Bucs!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 21, 2012, 02:34:59 PM

Well, they have faced better QBs than Natty Ice, but the secondary is a heaping mess. Jones, White, Gonzo...good a trio as any in the game. But, would be nice to see the Bucs win this one. Freeman hates the Falcons, so we'll see if he comes in with his A game. Fingers crossed.

Dunk-a-Neers

Second String

#2 : November 21, 2012, 02:36:29 PM

Speaking of Jones, they said that him and Samuel might not play.  Has anyone got any updated info on that?  Only having to worry about Gonzo and White is much better than adding Jones in there as well.  I have a feeling that we will see alot of Biggers chasing someone into the endzone

Gobucs991940

Second String
#3 : November 21, 2012, 02:39:49 PM

Falcons have struggled to beat mediocre teams recently. Julio Jones is injured (ankle) so he will be limited. I think the Falcons are due for a loss. I'm also not scared of their defense at all. Plus, the Falcons have red zone issues and they will be looking ahead to their game against New Orleans next Thursday.

Should be a close one, but I think Tampa has a huge psychological edge here. We need this game much more than Atlanta.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 21, 2012, 02:42:13 PM

I live in Atlanta... 3 weeks ago, Falcon fans were guaranteeing a championship. In the last two weeks I've seen confidence drop from the point of every conversation being Falcons related, to nobody wanting to talk about the team.

I think fans are starting to realize their team might have some problems that weren't exposed a month ago. The Bucs are coming. Can't wait for Sunday.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 21, 2012, 02:53:00 PM

Did you guys see the nick name they gave Julio Jones? Hurtio Jones, I thought it was hilarious. I guess he's been injured more than I realized. About half the fans still seem to think the trade was a mistake.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 21, 2012, 02:57:24 PM

Well, they have faced better QBs than Natty Ice, but the secondary is a heaping mess. Jones, White, Gonzo...good a trio as any in the game. But, would be nice to see the Bucs win this one. Freeman hates the Falcons, so we'll see if he comes in with his A game. Fingers crossed.

Boid, where do you get that Freeman hates the fowlgoons? He doesn't come across to me as the type to waste his energy hating anybody. He's the polar opposite of Fig Newton in that he shows great control of his emotions. I'd like to say he learned that from Schiano, but actually I think it's just part of his personality. He's always appeared to be cool and composed.

Sim

Starter

#7 : November 21, 2012, 02:59:41 PM

Selling their farm for Julio, John Abraham on his last legs, falling short of expectations the past few years, and now being 9-1.....I don't know if they can overcome the immense pressure they have on their shoulders this year and their fans don't seem to think they can either.

I, on the other hand, am loving the direction the Bucs are headed in. We're a young, inexperienced team that has been decimated by injuries this year and we continue to roll. This isn't dumb luck.

Falcons are going down on Sunday.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 21, 2012, 03:05:25 PM

Boid, where do you get that Freeman hates the fowlgoons? He doesn't come across to me as the type to waste his energy hating anybody. He's the polar opposite of Fig Newton in that he shows great control of his emotions. I'd like to say he learned that from Schiano, but actually I think it's just part of his personality. He's always appeared to be cool and composed.
I have heard him say in an interview that he doesn't care for the Falcons and that he wants to beat them in the worst way, all the time.  Said it last season, I believe.  Perhaps not "hate", but definitely some focused animosity.  Regardless, it is good to se him publicly claim his desire to undo the Falcons.  Gives me faith that the offense will be smooth from start to finish, something the Bucs will need in order to beat the Falclowns.  Bucs or Falclowns either win a close one in a scoring fest that hits the thirties, maybe forties, or the Bucs get blown out.  Simple as that.

Sim

Starter

#9 : November 21, 2012, 03:05:27 PM

Schiano's influence on Freeman is going to be huge going forward. Remember last year when he flapped his wings in the endzone after he scored a TD against Atlanta? It just didn't seem natural and very Freeman-like. You don't see Brady or Manning doing shlt like that. It seemed more like a Raheem thing to do, to be honest.

I'm glad that Freeman has the right coaching staff this year... it's worked wonders already and he's acting more like the leader he should be.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 21, 2012, 03:17:52 PM

I have heard him say in an interview that he doesn't care for the Falcons and that he wants to beat them in the worst way, all the time.  Said it last season, I believe.  Perhaps not "hate", but definitely some focused animosity.  Regardless, it is good to se him publicly claim his desire to undo the Falcons.  Gives me faith that the offense will be smooth from start to finish, something the Bucs will need in order to beat the Falclowns.  Bucs or Falclowns either win a close one in a scoring fest that hits the thirties, maybe forties, or the Bucs get blown out.  Simple as that.

Thanks for the info. I'm sure I must have read it too and just forgot. That happens more and more these days. Every game on the schedule is the "most important" it seems. Can't wait 'til Sunday. Coin flip for who I want to see lose the following Thursday.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 21, 2012, 03:51:39 PM

We need to take the run away early and often. Matt Ryan will make mistakes if he's forced to throw the ball of a lot, so let's make him do it.

We need a clean game on both sides of the ball and win turnover battle by 2-3.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

big_JLB

Starter

#12 : November 21, 2012, 04:21:13 PM

have you seen #5 do anything like that against any other team? i hope he shreds that garbage secondary on sunday  ;D

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 21, 2012, 04:22:30 PM

I hope he revives that celebration big jlb

meekerbeastman

Second String

#14 : November 21, 2012, 04:23:48 PM

We need to take the run away early and often. Matt Ryan will make mistakes if he's forced to throw the ball of a lot, so let's make him do it.

We need a clean game on both sides of the ball and win turnover battle by 2-3.

and cram a healthy load of 250yds of doug martin down their throat

Muscle Hampster > Hurtio Jones
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Falcons Message Board... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools