Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In depth Analysis of the Falcons at Bucs matchup « previous next »
Page: 1

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« : November 21, 2012, 10:01:28 PM »

(thanks mostly in part to p42 and copy paste)

Well, this is a game of the hugest big proportions. A lot is riding on this one. In one corner, you have the Champs. The other, the team from the Dome. This game has been circled and highlighted with a highlighter by both teams in April when the schedules were sent from the NFL League to those in charge. The Buccaneers take no team lightly and the Falcons are not an exception to that rule. I would be missed, however if I didn’t say that the Pewter Pirates were looking past the Cowboys, the Bye Week, the Saints, the Giants, the Redskins, the Vikings, and the Panthers with this game in mind. Sure, any casual football fan would think that’s assanine…but the way you make waves is to beat good teams and that’s what the Atlanta Falcons is…a good team.

Beating them would put us right back on the map here in Tampa. All that being said, let’s look at some key matchups:

The Tampa Bay Bucanneers (Super Bowl XXXIIIX Champions, NFC South Champions, Pro Bowl Players, Head Coach: Greg Schiano) vs Falcons

What? NFL League Contest between Falcons at Tampa Bay
When? This weekend (Sunday, 1pm kickoff)
Where? Ray Jay…Home of the Pewter Pirates
Turf? Grass.
Announcers? Yes
Weather?  Yes

When the Buccaneers have the ball…

This year has been the year the Bucs unleashed the offensive Juggernaut.  Or should I say Dougernaut?   Martin (from MC Hammer's home town) has been like a whirling hamster on a wheel all year.   Guys like John Abraham are too long in the tooth to keep up with that.   (have you ever seen a 40 year old guy try to catch a hamster out of his cage?).  Look for Mike Williams (from Buffalo) to take advantage of Dunta Robinson and Thomas Decloud (from Pinole Valley) while 6 foot 7 VJax sheds Asante Samuel (if he even plays) for 2-3 scores. Don’t forget Arrelious Benn. The rust from those games on the bench is almost fully knocked off. This may be the game when Regus has a coming out party.

When the Falcons have the ball…

Our defense has done a good job disguising formations and play calls in preparation for this game. The film the Falcons have watched may be confused of a somewhat inept defensive squad early in the season but don’t let the wool cloud your judgement friends. This is a young team that is fiery. They run, they hit…they do it all.  The Falcons offense may see little to no time on the field due to our clock and time management superiority, but on the 2 or 3 occasions they DO get the ball, Vanilla Ice and company will face an onslaught of piratical perportions. Led by Daniel Te'o-Nesheim, DaQuan Bowers, Michael Bennett (Martellus brother), and Ahmad Black, this unit will be in the back pocket of the Falcons all game long. Look for Matty to continue to struggle in big games in November in the clutch in the fourth quarter. Obviously, Matt would rather be eating ribs than leading a team to victory. His stats show how unreliable and nontrustworthy and spectacle. Deion Sanders

Summarization

This game will come down to the 2nd quarter before the Pewter Pirates starting pulling away and setting the ship for sail. I look forward to no injuries and no hurt feelings.

Predictions

Josh Freeman: 23-30, 399 yards, 2 TD’s, 0 int, 1 pick
Dan Orlovsky: 2-4, 83 yards, 1 TD (rush), 1 int, 1 pick
Dallas Clark: 8 catches, 68 yards, 2 TD’s, 0 int, 0 pick
Mike Williams: 9 catches, 102 yards, 2 TD’s, 0 int, 1 pick
Caddy Roadhouse: 19.5 rushes, 119 yards, 3 TD’s, 0 int, 0 pick

Matt Ryan: 4-11, 112 yards, 2 TD’s, 4 int, 1 pick
Brett Favre: 5-9, 94 yards, 2 TD (3 rush), 0 picks
Michael Turner: 23 rushes, 24 yards, 3 TD’s , 0 picks
Julio Jones: 6 catches, 42 yards, 1 TD, 0 picks
Roddy White: 5 catches, 87 yards, 1 TD, 1 pick
Tony Gonzalez: 8 catches, 97 yards, 2 TD, 1 pick

Final Score: Buccaneers 24, Falcons 20

Thoughts?

nitey

Hall of Famer
« #1 : November 21, 2012, 10:19:49 PM »

Java, have you come on over to the light? A positive post (abet, a little tongue in cheek) ?

This is a sure sign that the Apocalypse is neigh!

Good post.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
« #2 : November 21, 2012, 10:58:00 PM »

Damn it, the Mayans WERE right...

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

« #3 : November 21, 2012, 11:16:28 PM »

Last time I read a p42 article, the Bucs won.

Here's to a buc win on sunday.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

« #4 : November 22, 2012, 12:12:20 AM »

Fun read. Lots of TDs for a 24-20 game...

Ricky Bobby

Starter

« #5 : November 24, 2012, 02:52:58 AM »

Lmao... I've never read an article like this before.. Pretty funny stuff! :P

America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #6 : November 24, 2012, 03:57:37 AM »

I love outlandish posts like that one.   That one is pittman4two style, but I used to post in a similarly outlandish style trash talking in favor of the Bucs prior to Raheem replacing Gruden.   It's just fun stuff!   I miss that around here.

BucFanHudson31

Starter

« #7 : November 24, 2012, 08:42:36 AM »

I love outlandish posts like that one.   That one is pittman4two style, but I used to post in a similarly outlandish style trash talking in favor of the Bucs prior to Raheem replacing Gruden.   It's just fun stuff!   I miss that around here.

LMAO Pittman4two,almost forgot about that guy..

Anyone that doesn't know who Pittman4two is,he's one of the most Optimistic bucs fan on this Planet..

Freeman has improved and I was wrong about him.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #8 : November 24, 2012, 08:50:04 AM »

He was definitely funny.   He still posts on other teams forums, but I never see him post on any Buc forum anymore.   

danimal09

Starter

« #9 : November 24, 2012, 08:50:36 AM »

Weather? Yes

Haha love it
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In depth Analysis of the Falcons at Bucs matchup « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools