Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs expected to sign WR David Douglas off the Giants practice squad. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : November 22, 2012, 12:09:28 AM »

Arrelious Benn could be headed for injured reserve

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on November 21, 2012, 11:54 PM EST
 PFT

Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Arrelious Benn’s 2012 season could be a coming to a premature end.

According to Mike Garafolo of the USA Today, Benn could be headed to season-ending injured reserve.

Benn did not practice with the Buccaneers on Wednesday as he is dealing with a shoulder injury that has kept him on the injury report the last three weeks. Benn was also unable to play during the preseason and missed the Buccaneers season opener against the Carolina Panthers with a knee issue. It was the injury to his shoulder that kept him out of Tampa Bay’s Week 10 game against the San Diego Chargers.

Per Garafolo, the Buccaneers are expected to sign receiver David Douglas off the New York Giants practice squad. Douglas is apparently expected to fly to Tampa Bay Wednesday night to theoretically take Benn’s place on the roster.

Benn has appeared in eight games for the Buccaneers this season and has recorded just four catches for 26 yards. He’s also been the Buccaneers primary kick returner and has 13 returns for 306 yards on the year.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

« #1 : November 22, 2012, 01:24:37 AM »

PFT

Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Arrelious Benn’s 2012 season could be a coming to a premature end.

According to Mike Garafolo of the USA Today, Benn could be headed to season-ending injured reserve.

Benn did not practice with the Buccaneers on Wednesday as he is dealing with a shoulder injury that has kept him on the injury report the last three weeks. Benn was also unable to play during the preseason and missed the Buccaneers season opener against the Carolina Panthers with a knee issue. It was the injury to his shoulder that kept him out of Tampa Bay’s Week 10 game against the San Diego Chargers.

Per Garafolo, the Buccaneers are expected to sign receiver David Douglas off the New York Giants practice squad. Douglas is apparently expected to fly to Tampa Bay Wednesday night to theoretically take Benn’s place on the roster.

Benn has appeared in eight games for the Buccaneers this season and has recorded just four catches for 26 yards. He’s also been the Buccaneers primary kick returner and has 13 returns for 306 yards on the year.

Maybe I am missing something but why would you sign a guy off of another team's practice squad (and take a roster spot), and not promote a WR that has been on your own PS? I have been waiting to see that kid with all of the tools, 40 time, Vertical, etc... I can't remember his name though.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
« #2 : November 22, 2012, 01:29:36 AM »

I think Benn's played his last snap with the Bucs. He's always injured and when he's healthy he rarely contributes.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

« #3 : November 22, 2012, 07:54:14 AM »

Bad pick

Hopefully this Douglas cat will be decent

This guy...

Rusty

Hall of Famer
« #4 : November 22, 2012, 08:38:29 AM »

I really belive, to the extent possible, Dominick is trying to place the Bucs in a better position for next year's FA period and draft so that they can load up on BPA vs. reaching for need. To me there aree plenty of holes, then every Sunday someone steps up and proves me wrong. Anyone would say DB is a tremendous need but Johnson & Lewis are stepping up. Now with Anthony Gaitor, who knows. Bowers comes back, Meridith & Dotson, etc, it's amazing. I am at a loss forr next year on what will happen. Hell even the TE's are turning it up. RB may be the number one need for all I know as a complement to Martin and a stud backup QB.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Bucman

Hall of Famer
« #5 : November 22, 2012, 08:46:04 AM »

PFT

Maybe I am missing something but why would you sign a guy off of another team's practice squad (and take a roster spot), and not promote a WR that has been on your own PS? I have been waiting to see that kid with all of the tools, 40 time, Vertical, etc... I can't remember his name though.
We only have 1 WR on our PS and he is a converted QB.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
« #6 : November 22, 2012, 08:50:18 AM »

These transactions have occurred.

Benn to IR

Douglas signed off Giants PS.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
« #7 : November 22, 2012, 08:54:51 AM »

PFT

Douglas was impressive in preseason as both a WR and returner....likely where the Bucs will use him for KOs.

Diondre Borel is going to be a project as a converted QB

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

nick777777

Starter
« #8 : November 22, 2012, 09:13:11 AM »

I think he was talking about Dale Moss, who I believe was released last week from our practice squad.

Sharky

Rookie

« #9 : November 22, 2012, 12:38:34 PM »

Douglas is a very good pickup. I'm sorry to lose him. Made some great plays and has reliable hands.

Wish they was some way we could have worked him into our lineup.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

« #10 : November 22, 2012, 12:57:23 PM »

Too bad we can't put another guy on IR and sign Joe Martinek off the Giants roster as well.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #11 : November 22, 2012, 01:35:04 PM »

I think Benn's played his last snap with the Bucs. He's always injured and when he's healthy he rarely contributes.

Although I was a big fan of his, have to agree. Does not seem to be a Buccaneer man, along with Blount.  Both are probably gone.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Sharky

Rookie

« #12 : November 22, 2012, 08:16:50 PM »

Too bad we can't put another guy on IR and sign Joe Martinek off the Giants roster as well.
I def hope the Giants don't lose Martinek. Guy has shown a lot of promise.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
« #13 : November 22, 2012, 08:31:28 PM »

I dont expect him back and unfortunately he likely wont be missed.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
« #14 : November 22, 2012, 10:30:03 PM »

i had high hopes for Benn. its too bad he hasnt worked out
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs expected to sign WR David Douglas off the Giants practice squad. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools