Boards > The Red Board

Bucs expected to sign WR David Douglas off the Giants practice squad.

(1/4) > >>

michael89156:

Arrelious Benn could be headed for injured reserve

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on November 21, 2012, 11:54 PM EST
 PFT

Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Arrelious Bennís 2012 season could be a coming to a premature end.

According to Mike Garafolo of the USA Today, Benn could be headed to season-ending injured reserve.

Benn did not practice with the Buccaneers on Wednesday as he is dealing with a shoulder injury that has kept him on the injury report the last three weeks. Benn was also unable to play during the preseason and missed the Buccaneers season opener against the Carolina Panthers with a knee issue. It was the injury to his shoulder that kept him out of Tampa Bayís Week 10 game against the San Diego Chargers.

Per Garafolo, the Buccaneers are expected to sign receiver David Douglas off the New York Giants practice squad. Douglas is apparently expected to fly to Tampa Bay Wednesday night to theoretically take Bennís place on the roster.

Benn has appeared in eight games for the Buccaneers this season and has recorded just four catches for 26 yards. Heís also been the Buccaneers primary kick returner and has 13 returns for 306 yards on the year.

Timbuc2:

--- Quote from: michael89156 on November 22, 2012, 12:09:28 AM ---

Arrelious Benn could be headed for injured reserve

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on November 21, 2012, 11:54 PM EST
 PFT

Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Arrelious Bennís 2012 season could be a coming to a premature end.

According to Mike Garafolo of the USA Today, Benn could be headed to season-ending injured reserve.

Benn did not practice with the Buccaneers on Wednesday as he is dealing with a shoulder injury that has kept him on the injury report the last three weeks. Benn was also unable to play during the preseason and missed the Buccaneers season opener against the Carolina Panthers with a knee issue. It was the injury to his shoulder that kept him out of Tampa Bayís Week 10 game against the San Diego Chargers.

Per Garafolo, the Buccaneers are expected to sign receiver David Douglas off the New York Giants practice squad. Douglas is apparently expected to fly to Tampa Bay Wednesday night to theoretically take Bennís place on the roster.

Benn has appeared in eight games for the Buccaneers this season and has recorded just four catches for 26 yards. Heís also been the Buccaneers primary kick returner and has 13 returns for 306 yards on the year.

--- End quote ---

Maybe I am missing something but why would you sign a guy off of another team's practice squad (and take a roster spot), and not promote a WR that has been on your own PS? I have been waiting to see that kid with all of the tools, 40 time, Vertical, etc... I can't remember his name though.

bucfan26:
I think Benn's played his last snap with the Bucs. He's always injured and when he's healthy he rarely contributes.

tripblood:
Bad pick

Hopefully this Douglas cat will be decent

Rusty:
I really belive, to the extent possible, Dominick is trying to place the Bucs in a better position for next year's FA period and draft so that they can load up on BPA vs. reaching for need. To me there aree plenty of holes, then every Sunday someone steps up and proves me wrong. Anyone would say DB is a tremendous need but Johnson & Lewis are stepping up. Now with Anthony Gaitor, who knows. Bowers comes back, Meridith & Dotson, etc, it's amazing. I am at a loss forr next year on what will happen. Hell even the TE's are turning it up. RB may be the number one need for all I know as a complement to Martin and a stud backup QB.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version