Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Bucs are big believers in Smith « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: November 22, 2012, 01:00:01 AM

Bucs Q&A: Michael Smith on kickoff returns?

By TBO.COM | Staff
Published:  November 21, 2012 - 12:04 PM

Have a question about the Bucs? Tribune reporters Roy Cummings and Ira Kaufman will answer it.

Q. Why aren't the Bucs using Michael Smith on kickoffs? He looked great in the preseason.

- Bill Gootee, Tampa

A. There are couple of reasons. First off, the Bucs believe Arrelious Benn is their best bet there right now. Second, the Bucs want to do whatever they can to keep Smith practice-squad eligible. That's the reason he's been scratched from the lineup so often.

The Bucs are big believers in Smith, but his role would be so limited right now, even as a kick returner, that they want to extend his football life, if possible.

- Roy Cummings

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 22, 2012, 08:04:45 AM

Great job, Roy.

Dumb ass.

This guy...

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 22, 2012, 10:22:04 AM

Great job, Roy.

Dumb ass.
chuckling - you are sooooo right about Roy - few are able to say less with so many words

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 22, 2012, 01:10:05 PM

Big believers?   It's been hard to tell.  If they were that high on him, he would be on the 53.  Any team can snatch him off the PS.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

David4ROTY

Starter

#4 : November 22, 2012, 06:24:50 PM

If I'm correct, they are paying him above the league minimum like they did with Briscoe. 

BucD

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 22, 2012, 07:54:32 PM

He's still on the 53 man roster....never left it...

He's still on his drafted contract.

yungbull

Starter
#6 : November 22, 2012, 08:05:21 PM

If they added him to the gameday lineup they'd have 4 RBs in the lineup.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 22, 2012, 11:53:43 PM

There are only two people that I trust on our ST.. And Smith isn't one of them.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

flashgordon

Pro Bowler
#8 : November 23, 2012, 07:55:05 AM

I don't know about making him practice squad eligible; but, the article goes on to say that he's just not ready right now.

On a sidenote!  I've given Mike Smith the single season and single game rushing records with two games to go!  I ran for 325 yards on a eighty yard the run; the same run broke **CENSORED**erson's single season record!  Two records in one great 80 yard scamper!  It was a pretty good cutback and then set up blocking the safety and the rest is history.

I read in a recent madden post here that this years madden franchise is artificially restricted; i'm wondering of the value of putting so much work into it.  I might sell the game back!

Texas Alexander(probably with Lonnie Johnson) - Bellcow blues,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDCXTSKOkhM

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 23, 2012, 12:18:34 PM

He will replace Blount next year. Martin can handle short yardage, Smith should have developed by then and can get big plays with sullivan calling the plays. 

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 23, 2012, 04:05:24 PM

If they added him to the gameday lineup they'd have 4 RBs in the lineup.

Preferbly they could remove Blount's sorry ass from the active roster...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 23, 2012, 09:24:55 PM

I don't get it, as sorry as the return game is, and they are saving him?  For what?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 24, 2012, 08:48:57 AM

I don't get it, as sorry as the return game is, and they are saving him?  For what?

Zombiepaclypse

This guy...
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Bucs are big believers in Smith « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools