Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Benn on IR bucs sign Douglas from Giants practice squad « previous next »
Page: 1

cwintermans

Second String

: November 22, 2012, 01:32:33 AM

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=78513

Done deal

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#1 : November 22, 2012, 01:38:07 AM

Too bad.   I was expecting a big game from Benn this week.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#2 : November 22, 2012, 01:53:56 AM

Too bad.   I was expecting a big game from Benn this week.

You mean Benn or Luke Weakly?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 22, 2012, 02:11:06 AM

From GM jr:

STRONG POINTS
Douglas is a smart receiver who does a good job of selling fakes to freeze/turn CB, so that
he can get a little separation. Once off the ball he accelerates to full speed quicker than expected
and is often able to close the cushion on CB. He has excellent hands and has consistently
shown the ability to make tough catches. Is able to twist body to adjust and catch off-target
passes with surprising ease. He does an excellent job of getting his head and hands around
quickly out of cuts so that he can catch passes that get on top of him in a flash. He shows
no fear catching pass as he heads into traffic, takes hard hit and holds onto the ball. He is a
strong and competitive runner after the catch and fights for every last yard until he ends up on
the ground. He gives a good effort as a blocker and usually can eliminate man from the play.

WEAKNESSES
Douglas is a quicker than fast receiver who lacks explosiveness off
the ball and does not have the speed to stretch the field or get separation
on deep routes down the field. He is not a dynamic athlete and
does not have the explosiveness and speed to make big plays running
after the catch. He is going to have trouble getting open vs NFL
CBs due to his lack of burst out of his cuts. .

SUMMARY
Douglas was a good, solid college receiver who was unlikely to even get a look as a draftable receiver
until he worked out well at Arizonas Pro Day and now is likely to be a 6th or 7th rounder. He has good
size at over 60, runs sharp routes and has outstanding hands to make tough catches. He consistently
has shown the ability to adjust and make tough catches on off-target throws. He is never going to be the
speedster who just runs away from coverage and then takes plays the distance. Overall, I would consider
Douglas as a 7th round pick or priority free agent because of his size, hands, smarts and toughness.
However, I doubt that he is going to develop into more than a backup receiver and safe punt returner.

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler

#4 : November 22, 2012, 02:42:17 AM

Benn is a huge bust... He'll be gone after this year.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 22, 2012, 03:56:48 AM

Yeah, Benn is officially done in this team.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 22, 2012, 03:57:18 AM

Benn has fallen so far. 

Drafted higher than MW, but never got the #1 nod. Injured a lot. And with a roster full of good wr's he just keeps getting shuffled farther down the depth chart.

I hope he comes back and does well again, but I don't think he'll ever be a true #1 or even a #2 for that matter. I don't believe he thinks quick enough, or understands the Playbook well, ..something isn't exactly right with him anyway. Heck, schiano was trying to replace him right away. Idk if that means a lot, but it seems like it should.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 22, 2012, 07:50:30 AM

Very dissapointed in Benn. Thought he would have somewhat of a breakout year this year. Wrong on him, and Lagarrett Blount

This guy...

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 22, 2012, 09:20:44 AM

Arrelious Bustulous  strikes again .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 22, 2012, 09:24:24 AM

Douglas for KR & the underneath routes. More for next year's depth

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Benn on IR bucs sign Douglas from Giants practice squad « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools