Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ANOTHER BUCCANEERS' SEASON CUT SHORT, BENN PLACED ON IR « previous next »
Page: 1

PewterReportDL

Starter
: November 22, 2012, 09:19:44 AM

Bucs' third-year WR Arrelious Benn has suffered through most of the 2012 season with injuries and was placed on IR Thursday. Benn, who has primarily been used as a kick returner this year, was inactive against San Diego with a shoulder injury and sat out Wednesday's practice. The Bucs also announced they signed WR David Douglas off the Giants' practice squad.

https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=8552

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 22, 2012, 09:26:55 AM

AMF

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 22, 2012, 09:32:46 AM

Never came close to expectations - moving on....

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 22, 2012, 09:35:19 AM

Only Areallylousy Bust could get hurt sitting on the bench....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 22, 2012, 09:39:27 AM

"Need a #4 WR??"

;)

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 22, 2012, 10:54:04 AM

I loved Benn coming out of college. Was probably more excited than anyone else about him.

That said, it's time to move on. VJ, MW were enough, but the recent emergence of Underwood has pretty much rendered Benn obsolete in an offense that rarely puts 4 WR on the field at the same time. (in fact, have we even done that? Seems like its 3 WR, 1 RB, 1 TE when we go to our obvious passing packages.
: November 22, 2012, 01:25:33 PM BerubesBucs

RiotHeart

Starter

#6 : November 22, 2012, 11:01:17 AM

I loved Benn coming out of college. Was probably more excited than anyone else about him.

That said, it's time to move on. VJ, MW were enough, but the recent emergence of Underwood has pretty much rendered Martin obsolete in an offense that rarely puts 4 WR on the field at the same time. (in fact, have we even done that? Seems like its 3 WR, 1 RB, 1 TE when we go to our obvious passing packages.

Wat

nitey

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 22, 2012, 11:06:39 AM

With a year left on his contract, I wonder if Dom can trade him in the off season for a 7th? I had a lot of hopes for Benn coming out of college as well, but the guy keeps running into injury issues and so it's time to move on. If he comes to camp next year, my guess is that he'll never make it out.

Shame.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#8 : November 22, 2012, 11:10:53 AM

Benn will most definitely be released this offseason. Wouldn't be suprised to see us draft a speed receiver early in the draft or sign/trade for one like a Titus Young who's had some problems with the Lions. Underwood has made some catches opposite Mike and V-Jax, but a real LEGITIMATE #3 WR would put this offense over the top. Underwood is a 4th or 5th depth receiver...we just don't have another speed guy on our depth chart that Schiano trusts enough to be out there right now.

Sam Ram 33

Second String

#9 : November 22, 2012, 01:14:18 PM

Good maybe now he will disappear for good from this team... He is not good at football.  If there is one thing we learned a bout this organization is they cannot draft wide receivers in the first two rounds!

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 22, 2012, 01:16:15 PM

Time to move on. Draft a new #3 WR because Benn is a bust

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 22, 2012, 01:26:03 PM

That said, it's time to move on. VJ, MW were enough, but the recent emergence of Underwood has pretty much rendered Martin obsolete in an offense that rarely puts 4 WR on the field at the same time. (in fact, have we even done that? Seems like its 3 WR, 1 RB, 1 TE when we go to our obvious passing packages.

Wat
lol woops... edited

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 22, 2012, 03:53:10 PM

Time to move on. Draft a new #3 WR because Benn is a bust
Yes to sentence 1. We have Tiquan Underwood to sentence 2.

In Verner We Trust

lowlife

Starter

#13 : November 22, 2012, 04:21:07 PM

Underwood is a mediocre #3. I think this team needs someone with some YAC ability coming out of the slot. Tavon Austin please and thanks.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ANOTHER BUCCANEERS' SEASON CUT SHORT, BENN PLACED ON IR « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools