Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 6-4 « previous next »
Page: 1

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

6-4
: November 22, 2012, 09:40:31 AM

Oh, what a difference a year makes; last year the Bucs were the worst team in the NFL at 4-12, while baseball's Rays were a legit playoff team coming off a dramatic season.
Meanwhile, in Carolina, the Panthers were the hot comodity fresh off a very promising season from rookie QB sensation Cam Newton, while Michael Jordan's Charlotte Bobcats dipped to never-before-reached depths as the worst team in NBA history with a 7-59 record.

Just one year later, the Rays played well at times, but struggled and eventually missed the playoffs. The Bucs, despite major injuries, are a team clearly on the rise at 6-4, and have a legit chance at this years playoffs under rookie HC Greg Schiano, fresh off the Rutgers college campus.
And up in Carolina, the Panthers and Cam Newton are struggling mightily at 3-7, while another rookie HC, Mike Dunlap, fresh off the St. Johns College campus as an interim HC, has the NBA's Bobcats sitting at 6-4...

Sometimes a college coach is just the right guy to lead a Pro team, especially when the roster is swelled with younger players eager to learn AND the coach is a TEACHER....

The press is not going easy on the Panthers either...  http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/11/18/3674922/sorensen-rivera-overmatched-as.html

BucFanHudson31

Starter

#1 : November 22, 2012, 10:18:38 AM

I think Shiano is a knucklehead..  With that said their isn't a coach in this league I would take over Shiano...  That hard lined attention to detail and I'm your boss not your buddy attitude is the best thing for a young team...And the team is responding..

Shiano will win a Lombardi for Tampa in the future,no doubt in my mind.

Freeman has improved and I was wrong about him.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 22, 2012, 11:08:57 AM

I think Shiano is a knucklehead.. 

Okay...  Bored waiting for the bird, so...  WHY do you think Schiano's a knucklehead...?

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 22, 2012, 11:56:25 AM

I remember a quote from Lombardi saying something to the effect he would do anything to help a player on his team play better; he'd even stand on his head in front of them if that would help... They had a kicker, I think it was Don Chandler, who said Lombardi just made him uncomfortable to be around, so Lombardi went against his nature and simply stayed away from him; let him have his peace and quiet, as Chandler was a good kicker. Other Packers needed to be prodded to get the best out of them, and Lombardi obliged. And Lombardi listened to his players; the infamous Ice Bowl had several key plays that were actually suggested by players. Some in preparation for the game, some even during the game as it unfolded. 
    Schiano understands very well the mental discipline it takes to play consistantly good football, and has an understanding with his players he is there to help THEM be their best at every practice and every game. His "Schianoism's" are for the players' benefit more than to satisfy his own ego, and by now I suspect they understand that. The players who had the least interest in getting better and wouldn't "buy in" are no longer Bucs...
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 6-4 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools