Boards > The Red Board

Cross O-Line off the draft list

(1/3) > >>

CaptainStagger:
http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=78529#comments

Found this interesting, and for those draft junkies like me might be able to narrow the prospects a bit. And for those calling for us to drat a RT.....I bet we don't.

For those too lazy to read the blog post:

Dominick said he doesn't draft oline because the spread offense in college masks the Oline so much that you can't really get a good evaluation of talent, and he would rather give a guy a year or two in the nfl before passing judgement.

Benchwarmer#1:
Dom is a smart guy.

Kalil plays like crap, long plays like crap... its obvious those were wasted picks. Besides, if Tampa can keep DJ, Penn, and nicks out there, there is no need.

Sam Ram 33:
I still think we need a RT... Not in the first few rounds but another solid prospect to develop.  If we learned anything this year is that you need quality depth at every position

Detrimental:

--- Quote from: CaptainStagger on November 22, 2012, 12:29:12 PM ---http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=78529#comments

Found this interesting, and for those draft junkies like me might be able to narrow the prospects a bit. And for those calling for us to drat a RT.....I bet we don't.

For those too lazy to read the blog post:

Dominick said he doesn't draft oline because the spread offense in college masks the Oline so much that you can't really get a good evaluation of talent, and he would rather give a guy a year or two in the nfl before passing judgement.

--- End quote ---
I disagree strongly with his thinking. I  can't think of any recent oline draft bust that came out the first round. Far from "challenging". The challenging part is actually getting them to play good consistently because these UDFA and late round picks have never done that ever.

See: Anthony Davis LT (2005)

Gobucs991940:
Jason Smith wasn't a huge bust? He's one of the most massive busts in recent draft history. He never used a 3-pt stance in college and it masked a lot of his flaws. Jake Long hasn't lived up to being the #1 pick he won't even be in Miami next year.

Detrimental:

--- Quote from: Gobucs991940 on November 22, 2012, 01:25:39 PM ---Jason Smith wasn't a huge bust? He's one of the most massive busts in recent draft history. He never used a 3-pt stance in college and it masked a lot of his flaws. Jake Long hasn't lived up to being the #1 pick he won't even be in Miami next year.

--- End quote ---
Jake Long has made the pro bowl 4 years straight and has had an All-Pro season under his belt. Where is this idea he isn't living up to his #1 overall selection?

Smith has been a huge bust but other then that - the odds are you can find a good linemen in the first.

Bucko40:
Sorry but Penn isn't getting any younger. I think the Bucs will be looking for quality depth at LT this off season.

Hayseed:
I think a developmental LT in the later rounds would be a solid investment. However, I am happy with the play Meredith and Larsen this year. Definitely gives us some depth. Dotson has been lights out IMO. Can't wait to see this line with Penn, Nicks, Zuttah, Joesph and Dotson next season. They will be killing fools.

IMO, CB and TE are the top two priorities in the draft. Would like to see another RB as well. At this rate, will get about 3-4 years good use out of Dougie.

dbucfan:
Look for a replacement for Penn - and perhaps the costly duo of guards - they should be on the list of players to look out for.

GameTime:
why not dotson the replacement for penn and find a new RT?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version