Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The unofficial "I'm not waiting, its Buc v Falcon" week thread!! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 51 52 53

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#780 : November 25, 2012, 06:58:57 PM

While you guys argue the end of the game, we shouldn't have been down one at that point anyhow. The game was still winnable, but that is not the only way we Lost.

The bogus defensive holding on 3rd and goal certainly didn't help.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#781 : November 25, 2012, 06:59:14 PM

jhop, can you at least admit that saying you'd punt it is very very wrong?

Punting there wasn't "very very" wrong.

Answer me this, if they punt there or make the FG, it's still up to the defense correct?

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#782 : November 25, 2012, 07:00:30 PM

Looks like hoppy was proven wrong  a 3rd time......

.............Wait for his reaction......"But how often was he good from 56+ while wearing a red jersey in November"

Yea, thanks for answering my question...NOT.

Way to come in and pretend like you knew...#youdidn't

LOL....no , he had no clue of the answer or he would have said it.

By the way , as I already said I agree with the decision to kick , but to your point :  1 kick made over 56+ is hardly a big enough sample size to validate the percentage. It would be like a baseball player who has 1 AB and 1 hit  going to the All Star game because of his 1.000 Batting average LOL. That batting average proves nothing.

The fact he missed today seems to bear that out.

I don't know if it was 1 kick...I asked what his % was prior to today and I got an answer (finally)...100%...not sure how many attempts though.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#783 : November 25, 2012, 07:01:28 PM

While you guys argue the end of the game, we shouldn't have been down one at that point anyhow. The game was still winnable, but that is not the only way we Lost.

I agree.

Too many FGs...Ryan makes a perfect throw to Jones while Freeman misses a wide open Mike Will...etc.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#784 : November 25, 2012, 07:10:41 PM

.............Wait for his reaction......"But how often was he good from 56+ while wearing a red jersey in November"

By the way , as I already said I agree with the decision to kick , but to your point :  1 kick made over 56+ is hardly a big enough sample size to validate the percentage. It would be like a baseball player who has 1 AB and 1 hit  going to the All Star game because of his 1.000 Batting average LOL. That batting average proves nothing.

I don't know if it was 1 kick...I asked what his % was prior to today and I got an answer (finally)...100%...not sure how many attempts though.

It's only 1.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/b/barthco01/field-goals/

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#785 : November 25, 2012, 07:16:00 PM

I didn't like the kick call either.  I would have gone for it or punted.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#786 : November 25, 2012, 07:19:08 PM

Keep Schiano....great job.  Been in almost every game.  Our DC is chopped liver and sucks.  He should be fired the night of our last game.  He was terrible as the DC at NYG and he's just as bad here.  That hire will forever haunt Greg is he does not correct it. 

FIRE OUR DC!!!!!

He's running Schiano's scheme, and the scheme is a big part of the problem

He doesn't know how to run it then,..round peg in square hole?  The defense is not made for the NFL of 2012 where every team can pass and many pass very well.

Hell, I think a lot of these coaches would love to just abandon the run and throw at will.  Regardless, it is a poor fit and our achilles heel as long as that crap DC stays.

The scheme is designed to stop the run and gamble on the pass.  It's designed to sell the corners out, which is unfortunate when you don't have elite corners.  Can't blame any of that on the DC.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#787 : November 25, 2012, 07:19:12 PM

It's only 1.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/b/barthco01/field-goals/

So his kick this season is the only one he's tried from 56+?

Hmmm, interesting...

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#788 : November 25, 2012, 07:27:54 PM

Keep Schiano....great job.  Been in almost every game.  Our DC is chopped liver and sucks.  He should be fired the night of our last game.  He was terrible as the DC at NYG and he's just as bad here.  That hire will forever haunt Greg is he does not correct it. 

FIRE OUR DC!!!!!

He doesn't know how to run it then,..round peg in square hole?  The defense is not made for the NFL of 2012 where every team can pass and many pass very well.

Hell, I think a lot of these coaches would love to just abandon the run and throw at will.  Regardless, it is a poor fit and our achilles heel as long as that crap DC stays.

The scheme is designed to stop the run and gamble on the pass.  It's designed to sell the corners out, which is unfortunate when you don't have elite corners.  Can't blame any of that on the DC.

So you agree it is a poor fit?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#789 : November 25, 2012, 07:29:12 PM

FIRE OUR DC!!!!!

The scheme is a poor fit for our personnel, yes.

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#790 : November 25, 2012, 08:01:38 PM

The NFL of today is a pass happy league, more so than ever before. But this does not mean that even the worst QBs can put up stats like Brady and co. Actually the total opposite is true. Elite QB are able to separte themselves of the bad QB more than ever before. They have more and more impact on the game, more than QB 20 years ago. It takes a good/great QB to win on regular base in the NFL nowadays. The days of game managers handing off the ball to All time greats are over. The bad QB get exposed, not (just) by great Pass d, no...by great QB.

When you are able to stop the you will not get beat by scrubs like Delhomme or who ever called himself a NFL QB on those panthers teams. Then THOSE guys have to win the game for their team, handing off the ball to a RB and meat him at the huddle again 5 more yards down the field wont cut it anymore. I like my chance when the opposing QB has to throw 40 times a game, and probabel will need close to 400y to win the game.
If you allow great QB to just sit back, having all time to find the soft spots of a D#, they will get the ball to their recievers. Watch Brady/Peyton torch Cover 2 D#s.
If you allow great QB to just audible to run plays, when the do not like the pre snap reads and still move the ball with, you will loose the game. Just remember the NE@JETS last thursday, Brady killed 'em with his audibles.

Eli needed every single yard of his 500+ day. Just look at todays game, D# forced 1 INT and 1 fumble. We do not give up so many points per game, opposing QBR are bad. In the red zone they are able to held 'em to FGs.

I prefer to see opposing QB to throw 40+ times a game, even the great 1s, than watch 'em hand the ball off, audilbe  and by this cherry pick the moments when they want to pass the ball. Do not allow them to choose when to throw, force them to. If the drop back 40+ times, there will be sack and by this possibilites on fumbles, there will be bad reads, bad throws or bad routes, chances on incompletions and INTs. Hoping the RB fumbles at the goal line or atleast the refs seeing this is not what i want to depend on.

This 'NFL is a QB league' nowadays is an effect of rules and defenses. Thinking to break this trend by play 'better' pass D# is like a dog chasing his own tail.

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#791 : November 25, 2012, 08:22:45 PM

jhop, can you at least admit that saying you'd punt it is very very wrong?

Punting there wasn't "very very" wrong.

Answer me this, if they punt there or make the FG, it's still up to the defense correct?

No.  The defense has to do two very different things if they punt or make the FG.  If they punt, they have to prevent the offense from running time off the clock.  If they kick the FG, they have to prevent them from scoring.  Of course it's up to the defense, but there's no comparing what they had to do with each.  And yes, punting is very very horrendously awfully wrong.  You're from MD right?  If you're anywhere near MoCo, let me buy you a beer and explain this to you.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#792 : November 26, 2012, 07:21:51 AM

FIRE OUR DC!!!!!

There isn't a scheme on the planet that works with zero pass rushers and no one who can cover. Look to the draft.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#793 : November 26, 2012, 09:23:29 AM

56, 57 was his career long and he had the distance just pushed wide right ......

Came up several yards short on sideline camera view.

yeah, saw the replay and it was shorter than I thought originally.  still nothing wrong with the attempt, he's made it from that distance before
: November 26, 2012, 09:25:24 AM olafberserker

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#794 : November 26, 2012, 09:23:54 AM

FIRE OUR DC!!!!!

There isn't a scheme on the planet that works with zero pass rushers and no one who can cover. Look to the draft.

+1
Page: 1 ... 51 52 53
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The unofficial "I'm not waiting, its Buc v Falcon" week thread!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools