Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Game VS Falcons Officially Blacked-Out « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#120 : November 25, 2012, 02:21:03 AM

I guess to me, it comes down to the fact that there is absolutely no reason the Bucs should be last.  Yes, there are those factors which would contribute to less than average, but there's no reason Jacksonville should be outselling the Bucs by 10K.  None.  Such a huge difference when literally every other fanbase in football can hold that over the Bucs, as opposed to being, say, 24th.

El Diablo

Starter

#121 : November 25, 2012, 07:19:32 AM

I already posted a response.   Detroit has been around for 80+ years.   And some of those attendance numbers are skewed for some teams.  There's no way Carolina was near a sell out last week going by butts in seats.   I posted somewhere about the picture I saw of the Georgia Dome at kickoff for the Falcons game.  Lower bowl was significantly empty.  May have filled up eventually.   Jax and Miami attendance isn't really better than ours.

Right I see lots of empty seats in those stadiums as well. Also Detroit has twice the population we have here in Tampa. It is sad though we can't  fill up the stadium anymore but the blackouts are NOT helping the cause.

I was offered tickets to this game and still can't go:( I hear people saying you can't complain if you don't go to the games but I am gonna complain. It's I a big pile of horse**CENSORED** as far as I'm concerned. Granted I am 30 years old and have had season tickets for 13 years up until 2011. Missed only about 7 games since 1997. I have been to over 130 home games in my life and I can't go now because I have a 4 month old who has a few complications. Just can't leave the house for 5 hours on a Sunday anymore. You never know what type of situation people are going through at home so keep your broad stroked opinions of people to yourselves. I have multiple friends who can't go to all the games for different very good reasons, one of which is an 82 yr old man who can't be out there at the stadium anymore. He doesn't deserve to watch the game? These shister owners need to do something or they are going to miss out on a generation of potential Buc fans!

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#122 : November 25, 2012, 07:42:17 AM

I already posted a response.   Detroit has been around for 80+ years.   And some of those attendance numbers are skewed for some teams.  There's no way Carolina was near a sell out last week going by butts in seats.   I posted somewhere about the picture I saw of the Georgia Dome at kickoff for the Falcons game.  Lower bowl was significantly empty.  May have filled up eventually.   Jax and Miami attendance isn't really better than ours.

Right I see lots of empty seats in those stadiums as well. Also Detroit has twice the population we have here in Tampa. It is sad though we can't  fill up the stadium anymore but the blackouts are NOT helping the cause.

I was offered tickets to this game and still can't go:( I hear people saying you can't complain if you don't go to the games but I am gonna complain. It's I a big pile of horse**CENSORED** as far as I'm concerned. Granted I am 30 years old and have had season tickets for 13 years up until 2011. Missed only about 7 games since 1997. I have been to over 130 home games in my life and I can't go now because I have a 4 month old who has a few complications. Just can't leave the house for 5 hours on a Sunday anymore. You never know what type of situation people are going through at home so keep your broad stroked opinions of people to yourselves. I have multiple friends who can't go to all the games for different very good reasons, one of which is an 82 yr old man who can't be out there at the stadium anymore. He doesn't deserve to watch the game? These shister owners need to do something or they are going to miss out on a generation of potential Buc fans!

The 85% rule is a start - I didn't think the Bucs would have this many blackouts when the new rule came out - and you're right. There are a lot of people who can't make it out to the game, but would love to watch the Bucs at home.  Might have to drop from 85% to 75%.

BucFanHudson31

Starter

#123 : November 25, 2012, 07:49:59 AM

Yeah and the rule is Bull**CENSORED** because the 85% deadline has to be met by the 72 hours before kickoff..

I mean what if the stadium is sold out today which I am assuming it will be very close too before kickoff,the game is still blacked out..

And I say screw the Glaziers man,they are such you know whats with their money,they can't afford to buy up the little 10 or 15% remaining tickets it takes to get their up and coming team shown on the local t.v market?

Whatever ,GOOOOOOOOOO BUCS!

Freeman has improved and I was wrong about him.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#124 : November 25, 2012, 07:56:04 AM

Glazers might have to budget with the expectations to buy tickets every season.  Costs them about $300k to buy 15,000 seats a game by my calculations.

That's about what we paid Okoye this season for not playing for us.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#125 : November 25, 2012, 08:00:07 AM

Nice!

uh...I mean, who do you think you are spamming  our board?

El Diablo

Starter

#126 : November 25, 2012, 08:04:13 AM

Glazers might have to budget with the expectations to buy tickets every season.  Costs them about $300k to buy 15,000 seats a game by my calculations.

That's about what we paid Okoye this season for not playing for us.

The extra people in the stadium are going to be drinking and eating as well. They should make the money back almost there alone.

T.I. McCrown: King of the South

Starter
#127 : November 25, 2012, 08:06:34 AM

Although the game is blacked out, there is definitely local interest in this team. I have a feeling that attendance will be well over the 85% mark. At the beginning of this week there was somewhere around 4,000 tickets available on stubhub as well as around 3,000 on nfl ticket exchange. Last I checked last night, both sites had less than 300 available. People are going to be there, and people are going to be loud, myself included.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#128 : November 25, 2012, 08:11:20 AM

Stubhub and NFL ticket exchange are competing with Ticketmaster and the Glazers. That whole concept doesn't make sense to me. If there wasn't a stubhub or exchange, people would be forced to go buy a ticket from TM and probably sellout the game.

T.I. McCrown: King of the South

Starter
#129 : November 25, 2012, 08:38:36 AM

Well if stubhub and ticket exchange doesn't sell those tickets, the seats likely end up unoccupied. Nothing wrong with a medium for fans to buy and sell tickets though, although I have been posting here long enough to not be surprised by your opposition to a free market of any kind.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#130 : November 25, 2012, 08:48:31 AM

Never said I was against it. I just posted that those two are competing against the Glazers.

But if you're preaching about having a free market, shouldn't the Glazers have built the stadium on their own dime as capitalists rather than having the taxpayer do it?

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#131 : November 25, 2012, 09:07:37 AM

Scalping laws are BS in my opinion.  Why is it legal to scalp tickets just as long as you aren't selling them at the venue?  I just don't get it. 

Only thing I can think of is that is the only way to track the taxable revenue.  Like usual, the answer to every question is.......follow the money! 

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#132 : November 25, 2012, 09:09:29 AM

you're starting to sound like a broken record re: Gruden, Tebow and Freeman

Starting? Where have you been? That's all he ever talks about.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#133 : November 25, 2012, 04:47:26 PM

54,400 at the game apparently.   Looked much more full from my crystal clear internet feed.   It seemed very loud to give us that good home field advantage.  I definitely missed the excitement of being there.  Tough loss though.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#134 : November 25, 2012, 06:14:11 PM

save it clown.   you claimed to live in baltimore and that you'd be lucky to go to 1 game this year earlier in the season.  now you go to the games?  which is it?

WTF are you talking about?

You're such a f'ing idiot...I'm done responding to your stupidity.  How dare I not supply other Bucs "fans" w/tickets!!!

I'm the idiot?  You claimed that you couldn't come to games because you lived in Baltimore.  Stated that you went to some games last year, but you would be lucky to go to more than 1 this year.  Now you claim to go to the games.  Which is it?

You also claimed to have season tickets at one time even though you were moving around.  Why did you give them up?

I never said I "couldn't" come down because I live in Bmore. I'm going to 4 games this year. I go to "some" games every year, not all of them.

I bought season tixs in 2000. I had 4 of them...one for me and 3 for my parents and brother. It started to get tough to get tickets around that time. About year 8, my parents/brother didn't wanna go anymore so I didn't pay for the tixs anymore as I started eating tixs that I couldn't sell and it was costing me a lot of money. I bought 2 again when they lowered the cost to $35/seat and didn't require a 10-yr commitment, but again, considering I can't go to every game and tixs are easy to get, it ended up being a waste of money.

lol, I know what you said  ;) ......  so economics and choice is a good enough reason for you not to buy tickets, but not others .......  ::)

You are a funny one!!!

I live in MD yet I go to more Bucs fans that 95% of people that live in the Tampa area.

Next...
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Game VS Falcons Officially Blacked-Out « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools