Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Game VS Falcons Officially Blacked-Out « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#90 : November 24, 2012, 07:30:01 PM

It would be interesting to know how many of those teams raised ticket price 35% in one year for only the section where the 30+ year loyal season ticket holders were sitting then fired their Super Bowl winning head coach and replaced him with a buffoon kid.

Seasons after the SB:

2003: 7-9
2004: 5-11
2005: 11-5 (1st rd loss @ home in playoffs...offense scored 10 pts)
2006: 4-12
2007: 9-7 (1st rd loss @ home in playoffs...offense scored 14 pts)
2008: 9-7 (after starting 9-3, lost last 4 games

Agree that it was fine to fire Gruden (shouldn't have replaced him with an unqualified DB coach though)

Guess what all those seasons had in common ..... get ready for it ....... here it comes .......  all games were sold out, that's right even the losing seasons ........  :o   guess our fan base didn't suck for those years  8)

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#91 : November 24, 2012, 07:35:21 PM

It would be interesting to know how many of those teams raised ticket price 35% in one year for only the section where the 30+ year loyal season ticket holders were sitting then fired their Super Bowl winning head coach and replaced him with a buffoon kid.

Seasons after the SB:

Agree that it was fine to fire Gruden (shouldn't have replaced him with an unqualified DB coach though)

Guess what all those seasons had in common ..... get ready for it ....... here it comes .......  all games were sold out, that's right even the losing seasons ........  :o   guess our fan base didn't suck for those years  8)

until 2008 the Bucs were still holding on to the illusion of a SB team with Brooks and Gruden etc.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#92 : November 24, 2012, 07:37:09 PM

save it clown.   you claimed to live in baltimore and that you'd be lucky to go to 1 game this year earlier in the season.  now you go to the games?  which is it?

WTF are you talking about?

You're such a f'ing idiot...I'm done responding to your stupidity.  How dare I not supply other Bucs "fans" w/tickets!!!

I'm the idiot?  You claimed that you couldn't come to games because you lived in Baltimore.  Stated that you went to some games last year, but you would be lucky to go to more than 1 this year.  Now you claim to go to the games.  Which is it?

You also claimed to have season tickets at one time even though you were moving around.  Why did you give them up?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#93 : November 24, 2012, 07:37:55 PM

Seasons after the SB:

until 2008 the Bucs were still holding on to the illusion of a SB team with Brooks and Gruden etc.

I'm not sure what that means or what it has to do with my post, but ok .....

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#94 : November 24, 2012, 07:41:09 PM

Seasons after the SB:

I just meant that even putting aside the economy, several of those years are going to be sellouts because of the goodwill from the SB.  WE still had the same coach and some of the same stars and I think, but I could be wrong, seat licenses still? I dont think the fan base sucks but I think it take what people on this site would call fairweather fans to fill the stadium. They will come back

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#95 : November 24, 2012, 07:47:15 PM

The stadium deal is just another excuse.

The Rays show what the problem is....people want it for free. The Rays attendance is terrible no matter what Sternberg tries to do. Tickets are already among  the lowest in MLB. You can bring your own food in the game. They've tried increasing payroll. Still no matter what, people won't come out. But guest what is sky high? The TV ratings. People want to watch the game in HD at home for free.

And I think that's the same thing with the Bucs.

Yup.  Piss poor fan base.

only problem with our "fan base" is the number of transplants that make up the "fan base".  On my humble street in suburbia alone (about 25 houses or so) I have an eagles fan, 2 steelers fans, a ravens fan, 2 giants fans, a chiefs fan, a bears fan, and a lions fan.   All are first generations in the area, some did move down with their parents as kids some moved down upon retirement or with their kids.   A few of them don't mind the Bucs, but hold their allegiance for their "home town" team.   A couple are raising their kids to hate the Bucs, Rays, etc.  There are a few Bucs fans and of course some people that don't give a damn one way or the other.

That is the major "problem" with our fan base.   The Bucs have had 35+ years or roughly a generation or so to grow a rabid fan base among many people that have allegiances elsewhere.   Other towns have had multiple generations in an area where the majority of the people come from families that have lived there for generations.

Not only that , but we live in an area that is going to continue to have an influx of people from other areas move in on an annual basis.   People don't move to crap holes like Detroit, Cleveland, Buffalo, Philadelphia, DC, etc because they want to  ;D

imo

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#96 : November 24, 2012, 07:51:03 PM

Seasons after the SB:

I just meant that even putting aside the economy, several of those years are going to be sellouts because of the goodwill from the SB.  WE still had the same coach and some of the same stars and I think, but I could be wrong, seat licenses still? I dont think the fan base sucks but I think it take what people on this site would call fairweather fans to fill the stadium. They will come back

gotcha

seat licenses matter sure, but many committed to that before the team became a perennial playoff contender.   new stadium, winning, etc.  helped obviously.  But people didn't jump ship after the first or second bad season.

which also brings us to my other point.  the fact that season ticket sales are a huge factor in consistent sell outs.   we don't have that strong season ticket base anymore (or corporate support for that matter) and neither do the Rays.   hard to sell out with walk ups

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#97 : November 24, 2012, 07:52:59 PM

another note, back in the 80's when we fell off after our little playoff run we were lucky to get 35-40K in the stadium.  Now we are complaining about getting 55K.  The "fan base" isn't as bad as people on here want to make it sound when all factors are considered.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#98 : November 24, 2012, 07:55:24 PM

agree. I have never been able to find it since, but I once saw an article that mentioned that the Tampa market has an inverse relationship with all (or most) other NFL markets when it comes to the seat distribution between Joe Six Pack and corporations.  Where most markets have large corporate fan bases, Tampa is actually more Joe Six Packs.  I cant recall the source so I dont know if that is accurate

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#99 : November 24, 2012, 09:33:46 PM

another note, back in the 80's when we fell off after our little playoff run we were lucky to get 35-40K in the stadium.  Now we are complaining about getting 55K.  The "fan base" isn't as bad as people on here want to make it sound when all factors are considered.

Exactly.   And it wasn't the economy back then either.    It was the fact that the team stunk.    What city wouldn't sell out all it's game if they have Mike Alstott, John Lynch, Warren Sapp, Derrick Brooks, Warrick Dunn, etc on it?    The Bucs had a very charismatic team during the years it sold out.    Now the players are far less interesting.   I don't care if they win or not, they will never be as cool to cheer for as that Super Bowl team.   Not with the current players they have.
: November 24, 2012, 09:35:30 PM JavaRay

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#100 : November 24, 2012, 09:35:59 PM

It's dreadful compared to every other fanbase in the NFL.  Attendance is dead last.  And the games aren't getting 55K, if they were, there would be no blackout. 

Hate

Hall of Famer
#101 : November 24, 2012, 10:20:52 PM

I don't care if they win or not, they will never be as cool to cheer for as that Super Bowl team.   

What an enlightening statement that was..... abso-freakin-lutely brilliant!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#102 : November 24, 2012, 10:29:07 PM

save it clown.   you claimed to live in baltimore and that you'd be lucky to go to 1 game this year earlier in the season.  now you go to the games?  which is it?

WTF are you talking about?

You're such a f'ing idiot...I'm done responding to your stupidity.  How dare I not supply other Bucs "fans" w/tickets!!!

I'm the idiot?  You claimed that you couldn't come to games because you lived in Baltimore.  Stated that you went to some games last year, but you would be lucky to go to more than 1 this year.  Now you claim to go to the games.  Which is it?

You also claimed to have season tickets at one time even though you were moving around.  Why did you give them up?

I never said I "couldn't" come down because I live in Bmore. I'm going to 4 games this year. I go to "some" games every year, not all of them.

I bought season tixs in 2000. I had 4 of them...one for me and 3 for my parents and brother. It started to get tough to get tickets around that time. About year 8, my parents/brother didn't wanna go anymore so I didn't pay for the tixs anymore as I started eating tixs that I couldn't sell and it was costing me a lot of money. I bought 2 again when they lowered the cost to $35/seat and didn't require a 10-yr commitment, but again, considering I can't go to every game and tixs are easy to get, it ended up being a waste of money.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#103 : November 24, 2012, 10:50:10 PM

The Rays were at or near the bottom of MLB attendance and the Bucs are at the bottom in the NFL. Anyone think this might go a wee bit beyond "bad fanbase"?

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#104 : November 25, 2012, 12:49:29 AM

It's dreadful compared to every other fanbase in the NFL.  Attendance is dead last.  And the games aren't getting 55K, if they were, there would be no blackout.

attendance at last game was 54,813, our average is 53,988 .... I rounded up .... sue me

Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Game VS Falcons Officially Blacked-Out « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools