Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What A D*** « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#30 : November 22, 2012, 10:05:07 AM

Both teams have won 1 game against a team with a winning record  - Bucs/Vikes and Falcons/Broncos.

That's the problem with the reporting, he only mentions those facts that support his argument.

Very typical of the local media whether it be about the Bucs or the Rays or the Lightning.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 22, 2012, 10:13:59 AM

Both teams have won 1 game against a team with a winning record  - Bucs/Vikes and Falcons/Broncos.

That's the problem with the reporting, he only mentions those facts that support his argument.

Very typical of the local media whether it be about the Bucs or the Rays or the Lightning.

True. But one team is 9-1 and the other is 6-4. And I think everyone can agree that the Vikings are pretenders and the Broncos are legit.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 22, 2012, 10:21:06 AM

Who have the Falcon' s beat to make them upper echelon?  They have the same weak schedule as Tampa.  Once again I agree on 49'ers and Packers.  Have you seen the Giants play lately?   They barely beat Tampa.  My point is there is no top 5 upper echelon in the NFC.  The article is based on a false premise.

True, but they're 9-1. It's no teams fault who they play/beat, but you still have to go out there and win the games.

bucfan33

Pro Bowler
#33 : November 22, 2012, 11:18:33 AM

Who have the Falcon' s beat to make them upper echelon?  They have the same weak schedule as Tampa.  Once again I agree on 49'ers and Packers.  Have you seen the Giants play lately?   They barely beat Tampa.  My point is there is no top 5 upper echelon in the NFC.  The article is based on a false premise.

True, but they're 9-1. It's no teams fault who they play/beat, but you still have to go out there and win the games.

I agree with you jhop. You are what your record says you are. I always hate the argument about weak vs strong schedule. The same people that say the Bucs are 6-4 because of a "weak" schedule now were the same ones that picked them to win 3 or 4 games before the season started because there schedule was so tough!
The real joke about the guys article is his saying that the Saints and Cowboys are "better" then there record???

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 22, 2012, 11:40:52 AM

the falcons beat the cowboys who beat the bucs. The falcons beat the foreskins, who beat the bucs. They beat the broncos who are playing way better at this point in the season. The falcons have been dominant the past couple of years and are 9-1 this yr. If that isn't upper echelon, what is?
we can argue about the quality of their wins all day and they can argue our wins. Point is, we beat the falcons on sunday and we earn more respect.
: November 22, 2012, 04:15:55 PM wreck ship

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

Madman

Hall of Famer
#35 : November 22, 2012, 01:45:37 PM

You can only beat the teams on your schedule.

I'd say they've had some quality wins at Mnn an Oakland. This team is far better than the smoke and mirrors team in 2010.

Is this guy one of the sports page morning show guys on 620? Gawd that show is booooring.

Stratobuc

Starter
#36 : November 22, 2012, 05:05:27 PM

Tom Jones? He's the Steve DUImig of newsprint.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#37 : November 22, 2012, 06:46:04 PM

If you don't think other city's journalists aren't negative about their covered team, you need to pick up a newspaper of any other NFL team.
: November 22, 2012, 06:49:19 PM Morgan

gone

Hall of Famer
#38 : November 22, 2012, 07:01:38 PM

Obliviously he hates this team with a passion

No he doesn't. He's just not a homer ready to crown us after some wins.

Whether he has a point or not is missing the point.  It's just pathetic that you have to constantly ask yourselves why the hell the Tampa media feels it is their divine mission to piss on and stamp out any and all excitement about and enjoyment of their local team.  It's like they think their job is to throw a wet blanket on any happiness they see in any Tampa fans. They can't just shut up and let people have a bit of a smile in their day when they think about their team.  Oooo, happy fan?  Don't worry, we'll take care of that....

Sim

Starter

#39 : November 22, 2012, 07:03:20 PM

The Falcons are a division rival and we hate them. We get it.

But SMH at these people that don't consider the Falcons an upper echelon team. They're freakin' 9-1! Not 4-1 or 5-1 pretenders....they are a 9 AND 1 team that controls their destiny to a first round bye.

There is no doubt that they are the best team in the NFC right now.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#40 : November 23, 2012, 07:33:02 AM

Obliviously he hates this team with a passion

No he doesn't. He's just not a homer ready to crown us after some wins.

+1. Just because of 6-4 we should not think our rebuilding process is finished and we can really hang with any team in the league.
Maybe we will play close games even vs elite teams, just loosing by 1 score, but it would still be a loss. We were lucky we escaped a lackluster day @CAR. Good to know we can step up and finish strong, but other teams might already hang 21 on us in 1st Q, if we are not ready.
I'm confident vs any team, but i do not really see many i would call a must win against.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 23, 2012, 08:05:51 AM

Cos it's an agenda. Win this game and he will make up some other garbage.

Not sure why but I immediately thought of certain Red Board posters after reading this statement.  :P
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What A D*** « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools