Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cross O-Line off the draft list « previous next »
Page: 1 2

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 22, 2012, 06:25:40 PM

I would dump Joseph and try to find depth at G and T in the mid to later rounds. Spend the money that was to go to Joseph on defensive backs.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

David4ROTY

Starter

#16 : November 22, 2012, 06:27:39 PM

Well, we should get the Trublood money after this season as well, possibly Blacks too.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 22, 2012, 07:12:31 PM

I guarantee you in three years Bostad will have totally retooled the Oline 8 deep for the coming decade. With Freeman and Martin to protect the Bucs will make sure they are solid

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 22, 2012, 08:37:02 PM

1. Where does is say Dotson can make a quality transition to LT?.  It certainly is not an automatic.

he's been here 5 years, i certainly hope they have an idea if he can play LT.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Madman

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 22, 2012, 08:55:49 PM

More depth at OT please. Can never have too much. Love what Bostad has done. 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 22, 2012, 10:01:45 PM

I can't say I like the idea of nearly completely ignoring a position group because it's "too hard" to scout them in college. You have to be able to identify players no matter what they're asked to do in college.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 23, 2012, 07:58:26 AM

1. Where does is say Dotson can make a quality transition to LT?.  It certainly is not an automatic.

he's been here 5 years, i certainly hope they have an idea if he can play LT.

He played LT the entire offseason and preseason while Penn was hurt. I'd say that answer is yes.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#22 : November 23, 2012, 10:07:02 AM

Dotson is an unsung hero for this season. He's been such a big upgrade over True.

The Freeman

Starter

#23 : November 23, 2012, 11:59:55 AM

Dominik should sign the next Dotson/Penn
Chiefs OT David Mims (practice squad)
At 6-8, 331-pounds, posted a 40-time of 5.31 seconds and also pounded out 29-reps on the bench with just over 36-inch arms.
he's probably RT only material, but he's a beast...
he has a real chance to be a starter on the right side.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 23, 2012, 01:11:10 PM

I can't say I like the idea of nearly completely ignoring a position group because it's "too hard" to scout them in college. You have to be able to identify players no matter what they're asked to do in college.

Yea, don't have to spend a first round pick on one if your skiddish about drafting Oline early, but don't completely ignore the position. We have a lot of money tied up in the Oline, probably a good idea to draft for depth rather then spend more money, if anything go spend some on the Dline in FA.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cross O-Line off the draft list « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools