Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman's clutch TD pass has NFL buzzing « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BucFanHudson31

Starter

#15 : November 24, 2012, 08:37:00 AM

Yup. He's improved. ...just like you just now stated.

Glad your finally seeing the light.

I dont know if improved is the word. Freeman seems to always play his best football of the game at the end of the 4th quarter. He's got a bunch of comebacks on his resume because of that. That's not new.

But there is no doubt that Martin and VJ have helped him tremendously overall. That was a great throw by Freeman but also great catch by Jackson. Not many offenses in the league could make that play.

I would definitely say that "improved" is the right word. Before this year, Freeman had never strung together back to back to back good QB performances. Yea, he had a lot of 4th qtr comebacks in '10, but he played like crap in the first half of a lot of those games. This year, he has at least shown that he can play 4 qtrs of quality ball, and do it in consecutive games. That is something that has not been seen from him before. This is a better Freeman than the '10 version.

No doubt about it.

If Tampa makes it into the playoffs  our Offense is going to smash every single opponent we face including in the  Bowl..

Yeah I said it.

Freeman has improved and I was wrong about him.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 24, 2012, 09:00:11 AM

Yup. He's improved. ...just like you just now stated.

Glad your finally seeing the light.

I dont know if improved is the word. Freeman seems to always play his best football of the game at the end of the 4th quarter. He's got a bunch of comebacks on his resume because of that. That's not new.

But there is no doubt that Martin and VJ have helped him tremendously overall. That was a great throw by Freeman but also great catch by Jackson. Not many offenses in the league could make that play.

I would say also that not many defenses could stop it either.

The truly great offenses have always had a combination of elements, usually starting with a great QB. We've seen flashes of greatness from Freeman from his very first start against Green Bay. In 2010 the OL was a wreck, his weapons were few and inexperienced, and the coaching was nothing to brag about. Two bad calls in the Detroit game kept him out of the playoffs and let the Packers in. Last year, in a team collapse, Freeman improved his passing yardage and completion percentage, but threw more interceptions and fewer TDs. The elements are falling into place. The talent is better. The coaching is better. The leadership is better. Freeman has endured a bad situation and matured because of it. His peak is years away and he is already posting stats equal to or exceeding the NFL's elite. The OL issue is back, but not a problem. Freeman has a wide choice of weapons to choose from, and the coaching is excellent. All that's left is a period of adjustment getting used to new schemes and each other. QB is not an issue anymore. The Bucs have found their franchise.

The Jets are not so lucky. Of course Sanchez has had the polar opposite experience in New York. He started out with what appeared to be every advantage. So much for that. At least the Jets will be positioned well in the draft to get a decent QB.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 24, 2012, 09:11:12 AM

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#18 : November 24, 2012, 09:29:41 AM

You'll never see better coverage on a WR by a LB than you do there.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 24, 2012, 09:30:24 AM

When Josh plays without thinking, he can be a great player...

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 24, 2012, 09:34:13 AM

When Josh plays without thinking, he can be a great player...

Agreed.   He has all the God given athletic talent in the world, but the brains are bad news.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 24, 2012, 09:58:38 AM

I wouldn't call it great coverage. He was in great position, but he didn't get his head around and gave up the touchdown. If you think that was great coverage, you must think EJ Biggers is All-Pro. Great position-cant make the play.

Then Weakly bit hard on play action and gave up the 2pt conversion.

HOOOOOOOO!!!!

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 24, 2012, 10:03:40 AM

Yea that was a ridiculous throw. Freeman's clutch.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 24, 2012, 10:03:48 AM

Courtesty of Benchwarmer#1

Hate

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 24, 2012, 10:14:49 AM

except Ruud, of course **insert sarcasm for the less witty posters**

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 24, 2012, 10:15:43 AM

I'll give you that.   Ruud would have probably broken up that pass or picked it off.   Good call.

: November 24, 2012, 10:19:06 AM JavaRay

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 24, 2012, 10:23:41 AM

There was this obscure LB on the Bucs who was pretty good covering WR's; #55, as I recall... anybody remember him? ::) ::)

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 24, 2012, 10:24:17 AM

Beatles is right here. Java, you can kiss Josh's  ass. We're going to keep winning and I hope each of the Buc's wins kill you inside going forward! 8)

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 24, 2012, 10:25:52 AM

The commantators said he was WIDE OPEN, lol

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 24, 2012, 10:27:58 AM

Hey, benchwarmer requested that video.   What's it have to do with me?

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman's clutch TD pass has NFL buzzing « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools