Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is There ANY Doubt Freeman's A TRUE Franchise QB...? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 25

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#285 : December 13, 2012, 12:38:03 PM

Freeman Has Played Himself Out Of Elite Money

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=79987

Hes still got some games to go and he will likely wait until next season to get paid. I think he has a better season next year. He will get paid elite money. You guys wait and see.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#286 : December 13, 2012, 01:06:49 PM

Hes still got some games to go and he will likely wait until next season to get paid. I think he has a better season next year. He will get paid elite money. You guys wait and see.

This is what should happen.

Dominik:  Alright Josh, we love what you've done and we're prepaired to offer you an 8 yr / $16M per year deal.  What do you think?
Freeman: Great!  Where do I sign?
Dominik:  Well, not yet. I have to run it by Joel and Brian first, but then we'll be off and running.

Dominik:  Brian, Joel... Josh and I have reached an agreement of 8 years for $16M per year.
Brian & Joel (simultaneously): Mark.  You're fired.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#287 : December 13, 2012, 01:29:33 PM

Dominik:  Alright Josh, we love what you've done and we're prepaired to offer you an 8 yr / $16M per year deal.  What do you think?
Dominik:  Well, not yet. I have to run it by Joel and Brian first, but then we'll be off and running.

Dominik:  Brian, Joel... Josh and I have reached an agreement of 8 years for $16M per year.

Damn 16 mil. I dont think thats gonna be the amount it will cost but he really could have a monster year next year and demand that kind of money. I could see it.

Theoldbuc

Starter

#288 : December 13, 2012, 01:30:55 PM

Here's a thought for you: In Sunday's game, Freeman played poorly but managed to lead the Bucs to a 21-10 lead, late in the game. His last pass took place on the drive that ended in a Doug Martin 4 yard touchdown run.  That drive included a 13 yard scramble on 3rd and 9 and a 20 + yard pass play to VJ on 3rd down.(last pass)  So it's a stretch to say he has played himself out of anything. Elite QB's find a way to bring their team's back from unlikely situations, even on bad days. He did tht. Then they took the ball out of his hands and "shtuff" hit the fan. In fact, that last two third downs, prior to the final one, he converted. So logic might conclude he was on a roll and would have picked up the 3rd and 8. (I know, only speculation) Then what would he have done?

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#289 : December 13, 2012, 01:41:17 PM

" So logic might conclude he was on a roll "

Yes, a 41% completion rate "roll."

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#290 : December 13, 2012, 01:44:08 PM

Damn 16 mil. I dont think thats gonna be the amount it will cost but he really could have a monster year next year and demand that kind of money. I could see it.

You said "elite money". 

On average:
Brady - $15.7M
Brees - $20M
Peyton - $19.2M
Rodgers - $11M (signed back in '08 - what do you think he's going to get after 2014?)

As a reference:
Eli - $15.3M
Ryan - TBA
Flacco - TBA

If you think Freeman's going to get "elite money", right now... that's AT WORST $16M per season.  He's not really even worth the $8.5M he'll be making next season.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#291 : December 13, 2012, 02:28:56 PM

You said "elite money". 

On average:
Brady - $15.7M
Brees - $20M
Peyton - $19.2M
Rodgers - $11M (signed back in '08 - what do you think he's going to get after 2014?)

As a reference:
Eli - $15.3M
Ryan - TBA
Flacco - TBA

If you think Freeman's going to get "elite money", right now... that's AT WORST $16M per season.  He's not really even worth the $8.5M he'll be making next season.

It's very possible that he will max out next years salary and make the full $9.76mil. If he plays well next year and merits and extension, it should be for no more that $11-12 mil per year. Anything more than that..."good luck in FA"

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#292 : December 13, 2012, 03:04:59 PM

God no hes not getting elite money right now. Saying that if he has a MONSTER year next year he could get that. Its certainly not out of the realms of possibilities. Remember Dom did give out some pretty bad contracts. Say he has a better year next year and they make the playoffs. I could see something in the realm of 13-16 per year. Wouldnt shock me.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#293 : December 13, 2012, 03:23:36 PM

A deep run into the playoffs could maybe get him a $14 mil average.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#294 : December 13, 2012, 03:25:19 PM

Add another couple mil. Doms doing the negotions.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#295 : December 13, 2012, 03:29:44 PM

That has already been "accounted" into that projection.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#296 : December 13, 2012, 03:32:50 PM

lol

gone

Hall of Famer
#297 : December 13, 2012, 03:59:54 PM

The best case for everyone is simply to wait.  For Josh, unless he totally sucks next year, whatever we offer then will be more than we offer now.  For the team, you have more time to make sure you believe he will be the kind of guy who is worth the "Franchise QB" dollars he is sure to expect.  The only alternative is a team-friendly contract now, which I really can't see Josh going with.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#298 : December 16, 2012, 02:28:53 PM

freeman just answered the question and there should be no doubt that freeman's ceiling is an avg nfl qb. there should be no more questions. about if hes a franchise qb. he showed he is not a franchise qb.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#299 : December 16, 2012, 02:34:21 PM

I get a chuckle out of those who still claim Freeman's NOT a true franchise quarterback...

So............  Anyone out there still want to tell us Freeman is NOT a "franchise quarteback"....?!?!?

Bawahhhahahaha!
Page: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 25
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is There ANY Doubt Freeman's A TRUE Franchise QB...? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools