Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is There ANY Doubt Freeman's A TRUE Franchise QB...? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 22 23 24 25

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#345 : December 19, 2012, 06:39:48 AM

Might have to trade for a decent QB (Matt Flynn), if we're looking at other options o/t Freeman.

2013 NFL Free Agents

Top Quarterbacks

Joe Flacco (BAL) - Into the final year of his rookie contract, the Ravens still don't know what type of quarterback they have under center. They do know that no quarterback in history has won more games in their first four seasons than Joe Flacco, which is encouraging. At the very least, if the sides are too far apart-which seems unlikely based on talks in early August-the Ravens will use their franchise tag to retain him for another year for about $15 million.

Jason Campbell (CHI) - As a starter for Oakland in 2010, Campbell was becoming a fairly efficient quarterback. Similar to Alex Smith whose career has seen a revival of sorts, Campbell could benefit from strong coaching and continuity. In Chicago, he's as strong a back-up as the league has to offer and at his age, it's unlikely that many teams will offer him more than that.

Tarvaris Jackson (BUF) - After having been beat out by a 10 million dollar man (Matt Flynn) and a 3rd round pick (Russell Wilson), Jackson was traded to the Bills. As a starting quarterback a year ago, Jackson began to show some progress as a quarterback. After chances in Minnesota and Seattle, it's unreasonable to believe he'll ever go into camp as a starter for a playoff contender. With mobility and enough playmaking ability, he is a strong back-uphis current role in Buffalo.

Matt Moore (MIA) - It didn't take long for Ryan Tannehill to beat out Moore as the Dolphins' starter. As a leftover from the previous regime, it seems unlikely that he'll remain in Miami through the next offseason. Matt Moore is a fairly reliable game manager with the capability of making just enough plays to scrape out a win or two here and there. After Jason Campbell, Moore may be a top option for teams looking for #2's on their roster.

Drew Stanton (IND) - In limited playing time, Stanton displayed leadership and enough playmaking skills to warrant serious looks as a back-up. With mobility and the arm talent to make NFL-level throws, he can lead an offense to points. There is definite interest in Stanton around the league after initially signing with the Jets and being traded to the Colts only after their move for Tim Tebow.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#346 : December 19, 2012, 06:47:41 AM

Freeman thankful he's not NYJ's Starting Qb......

Jets QB Mark Sanchez receives Twitter death threats

In addition to losing his job via Monday's five-turnover performance against the Tennessee Titans Monday, Mark Sanchez also received death threats on Twitter, even though one of the senders claimed Tuesday he wasn't serious about his vow to kill the New York Jets' quarterback at practice.

A Jets fan with the Twitter handle @BraveGrancru wrote in direct messages to USA TODAY Sports he was upset about Sanchez's performance on Monday and was surprised at the attention his tweets received when they were picked up by a few blogs.

"DON'T COME TO PRACTICE WEDNESDAY I PROMISE YOU BULLETS EVERYWHERE..." he tweeted and included Sanchez's Twitter handle in the tweet.

He added, "SANCHEZ BETTER HAVE ARMED SECURITY WEDNESDAY AT PRACTICE!! YOU THINK IMMA SIT HERE & WATCH THIS (expletive)?? TUHHH"

The fan also suggested he couldn't engage in intimate acts with his girlfriend because he was too upset by Sanchez's performance.

However, he changed his tune on Tuesday when contacted by USA TODAY Sports.

"I do not want to harm Sanchez or do intend to," he wrote in one direct message. "I'm just a Die hard Jets fan that was mad & got carried away."

The fan then claimed he would delete the tweets.

An NFL spokesman said league security was aware of the situation and followed up with the Jets but declined to specify what procedures that entailed.

The fan, who broke off the lines of communication after three direct messages, said he was not contacted by the league or the Jets.

http://www.tennessean.com/usatoday/article/1778555&usatref=sportsmod

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#347 : December 23, 2012, 05:32:03 PM

I get a chuckle out of those who still claim Freeman's NOT a true franchise quarterback...

So............  Anyone out there still want to tell us Freeman is NOT a "franchise quarteback"....?!?!?

Raising hand.

Kjun85

Pro Bowler

#348 : December 23, 2012, 05:33:26 PM

Freeman is very very short of being a Franchise QB.... I think he would have better luck trying to throw javelin! At least he don't need that much accuracy for field of play! Pathetic.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#349 : December 23, 2012, 06:26:34 PM

I get a chuckle out of those who still claim Freeman's NOT a true franchise quarterback...

So............  Anyone out there still want to tell us Freeman is NOT a "franchise quarteback"....?!?!?

In an effort to keep social order throughout the remainder of this thread....

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#350 : December 23, 2012, 07:16:19 PM

if there's any consolation, Eli Manning is looking gawd-awful, and we know what he's capable of - go figure why he's looked bad the last couple of weeks -

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#351 : December 23, 2012, 08:39:48 PM

Comparing Freeman to Eli is beyond ridiculous.  Freeman couldn't carry Eli's jock strap.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#352 : December 23, 2012, 11:17:37 PM

If you have watched the last two weeks of Eli - you would think he and Freeman were related.  Just an observation

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#353 : December 24, 2012, 08:00:31 AM

Think Freeman is bad, it could be a lot worse.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#354 : December 24, 2012, 09:17:05 AM

This guy knows football.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#355 : December 24, 2012, 09:45:14 AM

I'd wear a mask, too, if I was carrying around that sign.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#356 : December 24, 2012, 10:03:07 AM

Think Freeman is bad, it could be a lot worse.

Why is the 'T' shaped as a scythe? Scares me, lol

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#357 : December 24, 2012, 10:46:43 AM

I'd wear a mask, too, if I was carrying around that sign.

Wearning masks and painted faces is how you show that you are a true Buc fan.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#358 : January 03, 2013, 11:47:31 PM

Those gloves that guy is wearing in the 6th pic down are awesome. Wonder where he got them.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#359 : January 03, 2013, 11:59:20 PM

Haha! Those guys are awesome!
Page: 1 ... 22 23 24 25
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is There ANY Doubt Freeman's A TRUE Franchise QB...? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools