Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is There ANY Doubt Freeman's A TRUE Franchise QB...? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 25

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#30 : November 24, 2012, 06:31:19 PM

I believe Freeman IS a franchise QB.  I just don't think he is an ELITE QB.....yet.

.....just my opinion

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#31 : November 24, 2012, 06:35:11 PM

I believe Freeman IS a franchise QB.  I just don't think he is an ELITE QB.....yet.
He is the qb for this franchise - and he is the guy leading the team towards being a  winning franchise - one that can win a division, and perhaps a conference.  I believe that is the threshold - to lead a team to becoming a winning team.  And if that is the threshold - he is close but hasn't received the cigar yet...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Sailing2smth

Starter

#32 : November 24, 2012, 06:37:31 PM

I will reserve any judgement until the end of the year.  Thus far he has done a decent job.....the Redskins, Cowboys, and Giants games still stand out in my mind.  Lets see how it goes against the Falcons, Saints, and Broncos before any anointing.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#33 : November 24, 2012, 06:54:46 PM

Pretty much where I am at - and maybe into next year.  A franchise qb makes a team - with consistent outstanding play.  Let's see the consistently outstanding play.... he can do it, just don't know if he can do it routinely... the other part is a franchise qb's team is normally found in the top 8 teams in the league...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#34 : November 24, 2012, 06:57:09 PM

It depends what you define as a franchise QB.  If you mean a player who is average or better....yes.  If you mean a QB that you can build an offense around and count on him for the next 7 years.....I'm not completely sold yet.  Let's see what he does against teams that aren't the Saints, Chiefs and Raiders.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#35 : November 24, 2012, 07:05:45 PM

I get a chuckle out of those who still claim Freeman's NOT a true franchise quarterback...

So............  Anyone out there still want to tell us Freeman is NOT a "franchise quarteback"....?!?!?

there appears to be a few who aren't sold

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#36 : November 24, 2012, 07:20:09 PM

I don't think there is anything wrong with people still taking a wait and see approach on whether he is a "franchise" QB or not.   He's done a great job this year under Sully's guidance and with the addition of VJ and Martin, but he did a good job in 2010 as well and look at what we got in 2011.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#37 : November 24, 2012, 07:33:37 PM

I don't think there is anything wrong with people still taking a wait and see approach on whether he is a "franchise" QB or not.   He's done a great job this year under Sully's guidance and with the addition of VJ and Martin, but he did a good job in 2010 as well and look at what we got in 2011.

+1

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#38 : November 24, 2012, 07:42:13 PM

IMHO Freeman is around the eighth or ninth-best QB in the NFL with a strong potential to reach the top five. But with that said, he: 1. Has never made the playoffs
2. Only had one winning season before this one
3. Never won a playoff game (obviously)
Let's see how it plays out. He looks fabulous. But we'll know a lot more about him in two months.

In Verner We Trust

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#39 : November 24, 2012, 07:54:34 PM

Freeman's ballin. Hope he tears up that d this week.

+1 Bucs are winning tomorrow. I just have a feeling.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#40 : November 24, 2012, 07:56:35 PM

He's a functionable QB.  He didn't look franchise-like for most of the Panther's game until the end, did he?   He's no Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady, but he's no Byron Leftwich either. I'd say he's about middle of the pack in the NFL right now. Not upper echelon.

I'd say this Falcons game is a statement game for Freeman and this team. Josh plays like he has been during our recent win streak then he answers the critics. I think he's gonna get it done. 

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#41 : November 24, 2012, 08:02:22 PM

We seem to be in a minority.... and don't forget if you don't agree he is a franchise qb right now you aren't a true bucs fan.... rotflmao

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#42 : November 24, 2012, 08:11:58 PM

IMHO Freeman is around the eighth or ninth-best QB in the NFL with a strong potential to reach the top five. But with that said, he: 1. Has never made the playoffs
Let's see how it plays out. He looks fabulous. But we'll know a lot more about him in two months.

Not trolling, but do you really think he's 8th best right now?  Who is he better than out of this list?

Brady, P Manning, E Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Roethlisberger, Schaub, RGIII, Luck, Ryan

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#43 : November 24, 2012, 08:34:35 PM

Russell Wilson, Phillip Rivers, Andy Dalton, Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, Matt Stafford - guys that are in and around the group Freeman is in.  To break out - lead with performance and presence - to be top eight - be better than these guys plus the list TheAman put up.  Not as good - clearly better AND win

Sailing2smth

Starter

#44 : November 24, 2012, 08:35:14 PM

Not trolling, but do you really think he's 8th best right now?  Who is he better than out of this list?

Brady, P Manning, E Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Roethlisberger, Schaub, RGIII, Luck, Ryan

N before someone adds Sanchez or Tebow.

But in all fairness putting RGIII and Luck in that mix is blasphemous.  Now you could argue Ginger Dalton and Palmer instead of those two.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 25
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is There ANY Doubt Freeman's A TRUE Franchise QB...? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools