Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is There ANY Doubt Freeman's A TRUE Franchise QB...? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 25

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#225 : December 04, 2012, 01:56:24 PM

strength of schdule is another dumb stat. At the beginning of the year we had. Some what of a hard schedule now we have one of the easiest. It dumb to keep track of because teams change after every season.

Dumb isn't the word for it...  It's ridiculous because of the talent level in the NFL.

Sure, in the college game, strength of schedule is everything.  I mean, you get the Florida State Girls School Seminoles beating Our Lady of the Bleeding Wrists and all of a sudden they're ranked...!  Really...?

Nahhhh........  In the bigs, the difference between the "haves" and the "have nots" is usually directly attributable to the level of play they're getting out of their QUARTERBACK.  (reference Colts & Skins)

Theoldbuc

Starter

#226 : December 04, 2012, 01:59:12 PM

The problem is this isn't the first time Freeman has put up good numbers. He did it in 2010 when he didn't have Mike Sullivan, he didn't have Vincent Jackson, he didn't have Doug Martin, and he has still never had a good defense. Sanchez has put up lousy numbers no matter what his situation is. He's had a good defense his entire career and for the first two years had a top 5 offensive line and top 5 rushing game. Right now Freeman is playing with four offensive linemen who were either undrafted or cut by the teams that drafted them. Freeman's lousy 2011 would qualify among the best seasons Sanchez has ever had.

Sanchez also didn't have a tremendous drop in production once the schedule got tougher either.  The Jets have had a top 10 schedule (top 4 3-times), in 4 years... while Freeman in his 2 good season had a bottom third schedule.  So basically, when the schedule was easy Freeman thrived... when it was hard, he was mediocre.  With Sanchez, he was mediocre with a harder schedule each year and improved.

Dear God,

Please help TBXXXVII and his friends (they know who they are!) understand that the Jets had one heckuva defense and a super rushing attack when Mark was "good." Now that they have neither, Mark isn't so good.  Also, can you show him that this year is turning out to be the best year of VJ's career? So in some ways it seems JF is making VJ better than he has ever been.

Amen.

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#227 : December 04, 2012, 02:00:02 PM

this is the only year freeman had weapons, sanchez had weapon when he first came into league and so has stafford, now its the other way around since freeman is out playing both of them, I get that people criticize freeman but saying he is only good because we have weapon now is the dumbest statement I ever read. If  that's the case rodgers, luck, rg3, both mannings, brees, ryan, and sttafford should be critize every time they have a so called bad game. Everytime freeeman has a bad game someone always questions if he's the QB for  this and forget the fact that freeman just came off a 6 game streak of 13 td's and 1 int, but as soon as he has a bad game some are saying he's not a franchise QB. STFU

Sanchez had weapons?  That's new to me.  I thought he always had old re-treads... like 30+ year old Braylon Edwards, Plaxico Burress, and LaDanian Tomlinson.  I didn't know he had 20 something year old guys like Mike Williams, Vincent Jackson, and Kellen Winslow.  Though, this isn't really about weapons... it's about coaching.  Freeman's coaching was awful, and during a season when they had the 28th hardest schedule, he had a great year.  The other two, he was mediocre.  Sanchez has had crappy coaching and one of the 7 hardest schedules in all 4 of his years in NY.  Bad coaches = bad QB performance, reguardless of the weapons.  I didn't bring up Jackson and Martin to depict the talent upgrade, I used that to depict the management / coaching upgrade in noticing the teams weaknesses.  It's something that the Jets have never done.  It's bad coaching and management. 

I never said Freeman was OR was not a franchise QB.  In another post, I said I was unsure.  In that same post, I said I'm pretty confident that Sanchez isn't.  All I'm saying is that I have a hard time seeing the logic in saying that Freeman is in fact a franchise QB at this point in time.  As I said, in the two years (2009 & 2011) where both QB's had top 10 schedules... even though Sanchez's were harder... they both peformed similarly.  The only outliers are the 2 years where Freeman has had a bottom third S.O.S and yet again, Sanchez's is in the top 7.

As far as this comment: "but as soon as he has a bad game some are saying he's not a franchise QB. STFU", you can "STFU" as it's not 1 game, it's now 4 on the season.  A QB Rating under 80 is a bad performance, Freeman has done that 4 times now.  In the grand scheme of things, I don't really have a problem with that number, but the fact that you THINK it's only 1 game, is an issue I have against your comments and not of Freeman's performances.
those weapons where better than what freeman had. So you telling me you are going to judge him from those four games than the 8 he has looked good in? 8>4
: December 04, 2012, 02:02:04 PM mrchillwill

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#228 : December 04, 2012, 02:00:35 PM

Isn't the point of the playoffs to prove which team is the best? If, as you claim, there's no difference between them, why do they bother?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#229 : December 04, 2012, 02:02:40 PM

The problem is this isn't the first time Freeman has put up good numbers. He did it in 2010 when he didn't have Mike Sullivan, he didn't have Vincent Jackson, he didn't have Doug Martin, and he has still never had a good defense. Sanchez has put up lousy numbers no matter what his situation is. He's had a good defense his entire career and for the first two years had a top 5 offensive line and top 5 rushing game. Right now Freeman is playing with four offensive linemen who were either undrafted or cut by the teams that drafted them. Freeman's lousy 2011 would qualify among the best seasons Sanchez has ever had.

Sanchez also didn't have a tremendous drop in production once the schedule got tougher either.  The Jets have had a top 10 schedule (top 4 3-times), in 4 years... while Freeman in his 2 good season had a bottom third schedule.  So basically, when the schedule was easy Freeman thrived... when it was hard, he was mediocre.  With Sanchez, he was mediocre with a harder schedule each year and improved.
strength of schdule is another dumb stat. At the beginning of the year we had. Some what of a hard schedule now we have one of the easiest. It dumb to keep track of because teams change after every season.

Those strength of schedule numbers I gave you were after each season was complete as in... they were from January of the season that finished, not in September before that season started.  Here's where I got the numbers, scroll down to the NFL section (it goes back to post-1998 season).
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin-archive.htm

"Clueless, party of one....  we have your table ready.  Clueless, party of one........"

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#230 : December 04, 2012, 02:08:07 PM

Isn't the point of the playoffs to prove which team is the best?

Way off topic, but...........    Is there even one poster here, other than myself of course, who thought we had even the slightest chance of even being able to still talk 'playoffs' in December...?

Nah - didn't think so.  But really, I doubt any player, coach, or FO personell believed we had any shot at the playoffs THIS year...!

With the exception of Schiano of course.  I dig the guy, and I see him having much success & being here for YEARS to come.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#231 : December 04, 2012, 02:08:27 PM

Isn't the point of the playoffs to prove which team is the best? If, as you claim, there's no difference between them, why do they bother?

They're blind to the obvious.  It's ok.  Let them live in their fantasy world.  To them, having an open mind is not an option, it's all or nothing.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#232 : December 04, 2012, 02:09:12 PM

To be fair, I agree that its still too early to be sold on the kid as the Franchise guy. He is playing better this year and all but hes still losing to good teams. Until he beats them, I think its fair to keep the criticism up. I do think he will get several other chances to prove to us that he is the franchise guy but until he beats a good team, the criticism is fair.

Theoldbuc

Starter

#233 : December 04, 2012, 02:11:08 PM

Dumb isn't the word for it...  It's ridiculous because of the talent level in the NFL.

Sure, in the college game, strength of schedule is everything.  I mean, you get the Florida State Girls School Seminoles beating Our Lady of the Bleeding Wrists and all of a sudden they're ranked...!  Really...?

Nahhhh........  In the bigs, the difference between the "haves" and the "have nots" is usually directly attributable to the level of play they're getting out of their QUARTERBACK.  (reference Colts & Skins)

You do know that our offense averages more points per game than both of these two and that Freeman has more td passes than either of them and half the ints of Luck and more yard thanks RGIII.  This is what drives me crazy. Luck and RGIII are having outstanding years. Their offenses don't score as much as the offense led by Freeman. So logic would say that there are other factors. Agreed?

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#234 : December 04, 2012, 02:11:29 PM

So you telling me you are going to judge him from those four games than the 8 he has looked good in? 8>4

See what I mean Illuminator?  I said in that post, that he just quoted, that I don't have a problem that Freeman has had 4 bad games.  All I simply said was that some people (blind homers), think that it's 1 bad game when in reality it's 4.  Yet, he thinks I'm bashing Freeman... when it's clear, it him I'm calling out and not Freeman.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#235 : December 04, 2012, 02:11:52 PM

You can tell that people are just itching to dump all over Freeman.  The storm is coming.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#236 : December 04, 2012, 02:17:46 PM

You can tell that people are just itching to dump all over Freeman.  The storm is coming.

Not from me... at least not until next January.  I need to see how he does next season to make a judgement on him.

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#237 : December 04, 2012, 02:18:18 PM

To be fair, I agree that its still too early to be sold on the kid as the Franchise guy. He is playing better this year and all but hes still losing to good teams. Until he beats them, I think its fair to keep the criticism up. I do think he will get several other chances to prove to us that he is the franchise guy but until he beats a good team, the criticism is fair.
I agree, but the defense is gonna have to step up. You can't keep epecting the offense score on every drive like other's have been doing to us  on the D

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#238 : December 04, 2012, 02:24:26 PM

Yes, chillwill takes anything less than glowing praise of Freeman as a personal attack on himself. Seems to be a bit of hero worship going on.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#239 : December 04, 2012, 02:26:59 PM

So you telling me you are going to judge him from those four games than the 8 he has looked good in? 8>4

See what I mean Illuminator?  I said in that post, that he just quoted, that I don't have a problem that Freeman has had 4 bad games.  All I simply said was that some people (blind homers), think that it's 1 bad game when in reality it's 4.  Yet, he thinks I'm bashing Freeman... when it's clear, it him I'm calling out and not Freeman.
where did I say you were bashing freeman? And the 1 game I was talking about in that 6 game streak was atlanta .  So what 4 game has he looked bad in since the bye week?
Page: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 25
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is There ANY Doubt Freeman's A TRUE Franchise QB...? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools