Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is There ANY Doubt Freeman's A TRUE Franchise QB...? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 25

Theoldbuc

Starter

#240 : December 04, 2012, 02:29:08 PM

To be fair, I agree that its still too early to be sold on the kid as the Franchise guy. He is playing better this year and all but hes still losing to good teams. Until he beats them, I think its fair to keep the criticism up. I do think he will get several other chances to prove to us that he is the franchise guy but until he beats a good team, the criticism is fair.

He's beaten NO, ATL, GB and what was an up and coming Minnesota team on the road. And he has been competitive against a number of other good teams.  But none of that counts, right?

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#241 : December 04, 2012, 02:29:22 PM

Who said "since the bye week"? Lol.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#242 : December 04, 2012, 02:30:03 PM

Yes, chillwill takes anything less than glowing praise of Freeman as a personal attack on himself. Seems to be a bit of hero worship going on.
o

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#243 : December 04, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

To be fair, I agree that its still too early to be sold on the kid as the Franchise guy. He is playing better this year and all but hes still losing to good teams. Until he beats them, I think its fair to keep the criticism up. I do think he will get several other chances to prove to us that he is the franchise guy but until he beats a good team, the criticism is fair.

He's beaten NO, ATL, GB and what was an up and coming Minnesota team on the road. And he has been competitive against a number of other good teams.  But none of that counts, right?

In just four short years.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#244 : December 04, 2012, 02:31:43 PM

I said in that post, that he just quoted, that I don't have a problem that Freeman has had 4 bad games.  All I simply said was that some people (blind homers), think that it's 1 bad game when in reality it's 4.  Yet, he thinks I'm bashing Freeman... when it's clear, it him I'm calling out and not Freeman.
The average good QB throws between 28-30 TDs per season. That's just under 2 TDs per game. Anyone who knows anything about football knows players don't average the exact same numbers in every game. They have good games, not good games, and bad games. Freeman has already had 4 games with 3 TDs. He's not going to do that every game or else he'd have one of the greatest seasons in NFL history. He's going to have games with zero or one TD. You can either accept that not every game is going to be great and hope some other players on the team can step up or you can keep demanding the impossible or near impossible. Your choice.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#245 : December 04, 2012, 02:32:20 PM

Who said "since the bye week"? Lol.
well I guess you two don't pay attention since the 6 game streak I was talking about started right after the bye week.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#246 : December 04, 2012, 02:32:49 PM

I agree, but the defense is gonna have to step up. You can't keep epecting the offense score on every drive like other's have been doing to us  on the D

LOL.  Being a franchise QB has nothing to do with the defense.  Being a franchise QB has everything to do with GOING INTO the game and believing that your QB can win you the game no matter what.  Freeman isn't there yet.  That's why I'm not sold on him being a franchise QB.  The loss against the Falcons tells me he's a lot closer to that status than the wins against San Diego or Oakland. Sure, the team lost and he played well... just not quite enough.  That's why I don't think he's franchise QB yet... and also why I'm still fine with waiting.
: December 04, 2012, 02:38:44 PM TBayXXXVII

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#247 : December 04, 2012, 02:37:28 PM

I said in that post, that he just quoted, that I don't have a problem that Freeman has had 4 bad games.  All I simply said was that some people (blind homers), think that it's 1 bad game when in reality it's 4.  Yet, he thinks I'm bashing Freeman... when it's clear, it him I'm calling out and not Freeman.
The average good QB throws between 28-30 TDs per season. That's just under 2 TDs per game. Anyone who knows anything about football knows players don't average the exact same numbers in every game. They have good games, not good games, and bad games. Freeman has already had 4 games with 3 TDs. He's not going to do that every game or else he'd have one of the greatest seasons in NFL history. He's going to have games with zero or one TD. You can either accept that not every game is going to be great and hope some other players on the team can step up or you can keep demanding the impossible or near impossible. Your choice.

In his 4 bad games this year, he has 8 TD's and 6 INT's... so what are you talking about?  His bad games are Dallas, Giants, Carolina, and Denver.  In each of those games his completion PCT was under 55% and a rating of under 80.  Those are bad games.  And again... ugh, I don't have a problem with the fact that he's had 4 bad games.  It's that people THINK (like mrchillwill), that Freeman's only had 1 bad game.

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#248 : December 04, 2012, 02:38:29 PM

I agree, but the defense is gonna have to step up. You can't keep epecting the offense score on every drive like other's have been doing to us  on the D

LOL.  Being a franchise QB has nothing to do with the defense.  Being a franchise QB has everything to do with GOING INTO the game and believing that your QB can win you the game no matter what.  Freeman isn't there yet.  That's why I'm not sold on him being a franchise QB.  The loss against the Falcons tells me he's a lot closer to that status than the wins against San Diego or Oakland.  Just because he lost that game, he played well... just not quite enough.  That's why I don't think he's franchise QB yet... and also why I'm still fine with waiting.
what Qb would you put on this team that you do consider a franchize Qb that can win with this pass defense?

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#249 : December 04, 2012, 02:39:56 PM

You can't count bad games unless they occur after the bye week. Chillwill says so.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#250 : December 04, 2012, 02:45:15 PM

LOL.  Being a franchise QB has nothing to do with the defense.  Being a franchise QB has everything to do with GOING INTO the game and believing that your QB can win you the game no matter what.  Freeman isn't there yet.  That's why I'm not sold on him being a franchise QB.  The loss against the Falcons tells me he's a lot closer to that status than the wins against San Diego or Oakland.  Just because he lost that game, he played well... just not quite enough.  That's why I don't think he's franchise QB yet... and also why I'm still fine with waiting.

That says a lot, he's close, we were in the games against the Giants, Cowboys, Saints, Falcons. and those teams have Franchise qbs. Winning games against teams like Oakland, Carolina and Minnesota don't prove much because those are not good teams. They may have a few good parts, but those are the teams you expect to beat. Once he starts pulling out victories against the Saints/Falcons/Patriots/Texans/Cowboys/Giants/49ers/Steelers/Ravens type teams, then he might convince me he's legitimately a franchise caliber qb.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#251 : December 04, 2012, 02:47:15 PM

what Qb would you put on this team that you do consider a franchize Qb that can win with this pass defense?
Brady, Manning, Manning are three that I believe could win, because they would know they have a struggling defense, and would either score early and often, or milk the clock to keep the opposing offense off the field.

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#252 : December 04, 2012, 02:47:30 PM

You can't count bad games unless they occur after the bye week. Chillwill says so.
When did i say that smart ass? it was the fact that i was talking about the games after the bye week and you two smurfs said i said he only had 1 bad game, i said he only had one bad game in that 6 game streak since the bye.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#253 : December 04, 2012, 02:51:28 PM

There are some, but that's not the point.  Going into the game I have to have total confidence in him to be able to win the game.  I'm not there yet.  I'm at the point where I think he can help win a game as long as everyone else is at least good enough.  Look at Brady and Eli last year.  Both teams had defenses in the bottom 25% of the league... Brady's defense was ranked 31 I believe.  Yet, both made it to the Super Bowl and both had to beat top 5 defenses to get there.  In 2009, the Saints and Colts both ranked in the bottom half in defense, the Saints were ranked 25th... that didn't stop them from getting to the Super Bowl... and both had to beat top 6 defenses to get there.  QB's can overcome bad defenses.  Right now I think Eli, Romo, Rodgers, Cutler, Stafford, Ryan, Brees, Brady, Scaub, Luck, Roethlisberger, Dalton, Peyton, and Rivers would all have a better than 6-6 record right now on this team.  Luck and Dalton are debateable, I won't argue against differing opinions on those 2, but all of the others are more seasoned veterans.  So, like I said, I'm not sold on Freeman yet, but I'm not willing to bail on him yet either.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#254 : December 04, 2012, 02:57:07 PM

Yes but I was really talking about this year. I know the defense doesnt help us right now but it would be nice to see Freeman defeat one of the best teams in the league. Maybe its asking too much right now but I still want to see it.
Page: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 25
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is There ANY Doubt Freeman's A TRUE Franchise QB...? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools