Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: From the Falcons Message Board « previous next »
Page: 1 2

DamianG

Rookie

: November 24, 2012, 03:46:08 PM

""Them **CENSORED**s aint no joke. Trust me. Like ATL and NO, they are 5-1 in their last six games and trying to take a prominent spot in the NFC . They are pretty solid in all facets of the game. Playin at home and wanting to win a division game to get back in the division and conference race. I don't think this one will be easy at all.

Their offense can run the ball on the best run defenses and we aint nowhere near the best run defense folks. Not even close. Some of the worst run offenses in the league have run over us. Once they get the front seven biting on the run they start hitting VJ, MWill and Clark on intermediate Mularkey type routes. Plus their QB can gash a defense when he pulls it down. They've been putting up 34 ppg over the last six weeks while we've been puttin up 22 ppg. Yikes.

Their defense is flat out gritty. Forget about runnin on em. I believe they have the best run defense in the league. They have been lit up in pass defense but have played the pass better during their recent run. I think their weak pass defensive stats have more to do with them putting offenses in come back pass mode than playing bad pass defense. They seem to make second half pass defensive adjustments that put QBs against the wall. They have enough playmakers to cause serious problems. Especially Bennett and Barber.

With all that said I don't think they are quite on our level yet. Just watching them in a couple games they aint really there yet. If they punk us Sunday they will be though. I think this will be a nasty division game. Thank the football gods we're playin on the road where we play much better and won't be stinkin up the Dome again.

I truly believe the coaches will have to win this one for us. They need to show some wrinkles. Spread runs, power play action bombs, reverses, run when they sniff a pass, pass when they're thinkin run. Whatever the coaches call the players need to execute way better than that OMFG game we played down there last year. If we play like that we will get our ases handed to us. Trust me.""

Thought it was interesting

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 24, 2012, 04:00:07 PM

They have good reason to worry. Freeman has beaten them without hamster style and Vj.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

shawn731

Starter

#2 : November 24, 2012, 04:02:26 PM

This is the point of view of many.  Honestly, most of the Falcons wins come despite playing terrible football.  Not taking anything away from them, but they have not looked good against many "mediocre" teams.  IF we run the ball with success the game is ours.  Typically when we are running the ball with success we get the W.  And the Falcons have not been running the ball that good.  I see a very close game, but we pull out with the W.  Some say believe this is the big game I actually think the last game matters most.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 24, 2012, 04:09:05 PM

This is the point of view of many.  Honestly, most of the Falcons wins come despite playing terrible football.  Not taking anything away from them, but they have not looked good against many "mediocre" teams.  IF we run the ball with success the game is ours.  Typically when we are running the ball with success we get the W.  And the Falcons have not been running the ball that good.  I see a very close game, but we pull out with the W.  Some say believe this is the big game I actually think the last game matters most.

Is JJ out? If he is, they might get toasted. Their backfield is pathetic as ours also.

I'm predicting a blowout Bucs win, leaving many scratching their heads.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 24, 2012, 04:33:24 PM

Falcons:
Rushing offense: 28th
Rushing defense: 26th
Passing offense: 4th
Passing defense: 7th

Bucs:
Rushing offense: 9th
Rushing defense: 1st
Passing offense: 14th
Passing defense: 32nd

Touchdown receptions:
Bucs: 21
Falcons: 20

QB Rating:
Matt Ryan: 94.8
Josh Freeman: 94.6

Rushing yards:
Michael Turner: 575 (25th in NFL)
Doug Martin: 1000 (3rd in NFL)

Top receivers:
Vincent Jackson: 863 yards, 7 TDs
Julio Jones: 736 yards, 5 TDs

Sacks:
Bucs: 17
Falcons: 24

We sort or play into each other's weaknesses.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 24, 2012, 05:12:16 PM

Those stats make it look like we might want to go old-style Buc kep away

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 24, 2012, 06:14:05 PM

Another fun fact: Some of ATL's key players are banged up.

Matt Ryan Has a sore finger on his left hand. Probably won't effect him much but maybe it will a little bit at least.
Julio Jones has an ankle injury and he hasn't been able to practice much this week. His participation is questionable. Even if he DOES play, I don't see him playing at his best. Not even close.
Asante Samuel's shoulder is apparently in bad shape. Its kept him out of practice and his status is questionable.
Micheal Turner has a groin injury and has been limited in practice. He'll probably play but I'm guessing that this injury is gonna effect his productivity.

There are more starters who are banged up but I just thought I'd mention the most interesting ones.
: November 24, 2012, 06:17:24 PM Incognito

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#7 : November 24, 2012, 06:44:12 PM

Another fun fact: Some of ATL's key players are banged up.

Matt Ryan Has a sore finger on his left hand. Probably won't effect him much but maybe it will a little bit at least.
Julio Jones has an ankle injury and he hasn't been able to practice much this week. His participation is questionable. Even if he DOES play, I don't see him playing at his best. Not even close.
Asante Samuel's shoulder is apparently in bad shape. Its kept him out of practice and his status is questionable.
Micheal Turner has a groin injury and has been limited in practice. He'll probably play but I'm guessing that this injury is gonna effect his productivity.

There are more starters who are banged up but I just thought I'd mention the most interesting ones.

Weather spoon is injured as well

youngone

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 24, 2012, 06:47:15 PM

I just want us to trample all over them Chris Ivory-Barrett Rudd style. I hate that team so much.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 24, 2012, 08:50:08 PM

The key, I think, will be not letting Ryan have the ball in his hands the last 2 minutes of the game. He has proven time-and-time again that he can put his team in scoring position to win against the Bucs when the game is on the line. Hopefully, Martin or Blount will have success running out the clock at the end, At least Freeman's arch nemesis, Brent Grimes, won't be Freeman's leading receiver this game.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 24, 2012, 08:55:44 PM

Big game for Dougie.  Need him to go off in this game.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#11 : November 24, 2012, 09:12:39 PM

Provided Doug Martin runs for 100 yards or more we're winning tomorrow.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#12 : November 24, 2012, 09:25:30 PM

Bucs:

For some reason, I get a good laugh out of that.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 24, 2012, 09:51:12 PM

I'm predicting a big win!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 24, 2012, 09:57:00 PM

Bucs:

For some reason, I get a good laugh out of that.

I think the reason is you're a lonely old man who craves any attention he can get . ..  yeah, that's what I am going with.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: From the Falcons Message Board « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools