Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Question on Dotson « previous next »
Page: 1

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: November 24, 2012, 05:33:48 PM

The man is 6'9" and played college basketball. He has to have good hands. Has it ever been considered to use him as a TE or even tackle eligible in the red zone? He could catch the ball flat footed against some of these CBs. I thought about this when the Bucs first signed him, but forgot about it. Am I the only one? Does anyone have any information on this?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 24, 2012, 06:12:00 PM

We saw him play the TE position several times prior to becoming a starter - but so far only to block.  When he was first signed he was so damned awkward I don't think anyone would have thought of him making the team let alone learning the RT and TE positions at the same time... he would be a helluva weapon now - and the reporting as a receiver would not be as obvious as the check in from the sidelines.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 24, 2012, 08:40:23 PM

Interesting idea, he may not have the ball skills though.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 24, 2012, 11:10:24 PM

We saw him play the TE position several times prior to becoming a starter - but so far only to block.  When he was first signed he was so damned awkward I don't think anyone would have thought of him making the team let alone learning the RT and TE positions at the same time... he would be a helluva weapon now - and the reporting as a receiver would not be as obvious as the check in from the sidelines.

I don't recall him playing at the TE position, and I'm not suggesting he learn both positions. There's no reason there couldn't be a few wildcat plays set up for certain situations just to take advantage of his height. Catching a pass in football requires similar skills and reflexes as catching a pass in basketball. I would love to see it.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 24, 2012, 11:16:22 PM

I get the idea and it could work as a gimmick possibly. But if its just for a height advantage, I feel more comfortable with the 6'5" VJax or Mike Williams leaping ability.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 24, 2012, 11:20:49 PM

I get the idea and it could work as a gimmick possibly. But if its just for a height advantage, I feel more comfortable with the 6'5" VJax or Mike Williams leaping ability.

The idea is for an unexpected target. The height advantage is just icing on the cake.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 25, 2012, 10:54:12 AM

Listed as a TE by Pro Football Reference for 2011

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 25, 2012, 10:58:30 AM

Why run a gimic play in order to throw a jump ball to Dotson , when you could just throw a jump ball to Mike Williams or Vincent Jackson instead.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

FlyingScorpion

Starter
#8 : November 25, 2012, 11:12:52 AM

They did try that sparky

Freeman\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I love winning a lot more than Im scared of losing\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Question on Dotson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools