Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Five Most Dangerous Playoff Spoiler Teams In NFL « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: November 24, 2012, 10:53:00 PM

Five Most Dangerous Playoff Spoiler Teams In NFL

By Michael Quinn

So far, there are a few teams we know are going to the playoffs, like the Houston Texans and Atlanta Falcons, and a safe bet would be the Baltimore Ravens.

There also, are teams who we expect to go to the playoffs, like the San Francisco 49ers, New England Patriots, Denver Broncos, Green Bay Packers and rival Chicago Bears.

But than, there's the other teams.

The spoiler teams.

A 'spoiler' is a team who wasn't expected to go very far in the regular season, much less take a trip to the Wild Card game.

A real spoiler team however, takes it past the Wild Card game.

Take the New York Giants of 2011 for example.

They had to claw their way to the Wild Card game and were able to get themselves all the way back to the Super Bowl after upsetting the Green Bay Packers and squeaking by the San Francisco 49ers.

They won the Super Bowl with a record of 9-7. Possibly one of the greatest spoiler teams while under head coach Tom Coughlin.

Who has what it takes to finish the regular season strong, and the playoffs even stronger?

5.   New York Giants

Like I said, Tom Coughlin knows how to get his team into the playoffs.

Well, I guess I never said that, but it's true.

Every year around this time rumors start swirling about Coughlin being on the hot seat. He may have just won his second super bowl, but his seat isn't exactly cold.

I would expect those talks to cool down in the coming weeks.

Sitting at first place in the NFC East, the Giants are under the radar to say the least.

Look for this team to make the playoffs for a second straight year, and maybe even, make another deep run.

4.  Minnesota Vikings

Quarterback Christian Ponder is truly coming into his own this season as he has amassed over 2,000 yards and 12 touchdowns.

Not to mention he's getting lots of help from Adrian Peterson who just happens to be having one of his best seasons to date, despite being 11 months removed from a gruesome knee injury.

The Vikings are currently sitting at 6-4, only one game behind Detroit and Green Bay.

If the Vikings finish strong this season, they might just be able to make an upset or two in the playoffs.

3.   Seattle Seahawks

I don't know what head coach Pete Carrol is doing in Seattle, but it's working.

The Seahawks are currently at 6-4.

Early on this season, it was evident that the Seattle defense would be one of the best units in the league.

Well it looks like the offense is catching up after an exciting Week 11 performance.

Look for the 'Hawks to grab a Wild Card spot and maybe even upset another team. (Marshawn Lynch versus the Saints ringing any bells?)

Plus if Russell Wilson gets hurt, Seattle has Golden Tate throwing touchdowns now.

2.  Indianapolis Colts

If the Colts were to even make the playoffs, it would truly be a "Cinderella" story.

Right after the season started, head coach Chuck Pagano was diagnosed with cancer.

Leukemia to be exact.

It was a crushing blow to the team, morally and physically.

But the team didn't give up on Chuck, and they have dedicated their season to him, and let me tell you, it's been one hell of a ride so far.

The Colts are currently sitting at 6-4, three games behind the league leading Houston Texans.

They however have a decent schedule ahead, and have a great chance to make the playoffs.

The only thing standing in their way? The Houston Texans.

The Colts still face the Texans two more times this year. If they can win at least one, you know this team means business.

Add that to the fact that the Colts are 4th in total yards per game, and it's a recipe for success.

Stay "Chuck Strong" Indy.

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

The Bucs got the steal of the 2012 draft when they selected Doug Martin late in the first round.

He has already picked up 1,000 yards on the ground and seven touchdowns, with zero fumbles.

Clearly one of the best up-and-coming players in the league.

The Buccaneers also have that one quarterback whose doing pretty decent.... Oh yeah, Josh Freeman. The guy who has already thrown for over 2,500 yards and 20 touchdowns.

Also, Tampa Bay has surprisingly the best receiving tandem in the league in Mike Williams and Vincent Jackson (combined 12 touchdowns).

New head coach Greg Schiano is clearly making an impact in Tampa Bay.

This is my number one spoiler team, look for them to take it far in the 2012 Playoffs, maybe even, make a surprise trip to the promised land.

http://www.footballnation.com/content/five-most-dangerous-playoff-spoiler-teams-nfl/19462/

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 24, 2012, 11:02:34 PM

Now THATS fun to read!

youngone

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 24, 2012, 11:05:37 PM

;D

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 24, 2012, 11:17:16 PM

Some of his facts are wrong but I like his thinking.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 24, 2012, 11:32:23 PM

If the secondary was half-way decent, this team could make a deep run.

But that pass defense is going to be the death of us.

Plus we can't sustain many more serious injuries. We already thin in several places as it is.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 25, 2012, 01:08:28 AM

If the secondary was half-way dect, this team could make a deep run.

But that pass defense is going to be the death of us.

Plus we can't sustain many more serious injuries. We already thin in several places as it is.

If they can play one side of the defense well (run) they have a chance in playoffs.

As you know, the hardest part is getting there.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 25, 2012, 01:10:26 AM

One game at a time is my thinking.   It would be awesome to give the Dirty Birds a good azz kickin.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

PreferNFL

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 25, 2012, 09:24:13 AM

Playoffs?  PLAYOFFS?  Are you kidding me?  PLAYOFFS!!??

;D

VTBucs

Second String
#8 : November 25, 2012, 09:45:44 AM

If the D-Line can add pressure, Bucs stay injury free, and Free & Offense can keep the scoring up I think the BUCs can hang.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#9 : November 25, 2012, 09:51:59 AM

The Bucs got the steal of the 2012 draft when they selected Doug Martin late in the first round.

He has already picked up 1,000 yards on the ground and seven touchdowns, with zero fumbles.

He wishes.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 25, 2012, 10:43:37 AM

He wishes.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Five Most Dangerous Playoff Spoiler Teams In NFL « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools