Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Barron is our most disappointing draft pick. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#60 : November 27, 2012, 08:27:23 AM

It was obvious that Peyton was going to be a star even that first season.    He had "it" and you could see that in flashes.   Barron hasn't flashed anything except crap.

This is a good example.

I cant believe the people making excuses, Barron has sucked so far this year, with the exception of 1 or 2 splashy hits.

Girly Man has flashed very little also , yet people still make excuses for him also.  Just goes with the territory.

In fairness , I think Barron flashed quite a bit early in the season. I think he's hit a rookie wall , and I also think he's been playing through a turf toe injury all season. I remember he got that turf toe in preseason , and the only way that ever goes away is with rest.

If he has been injured then he should be on IR.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#61 : November 27, 2012, 08:30:01 AM

If he has been injured then he should be on IR.

if everyone with an injury was IR'd we would be able to watch any games.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

dbrooks55

Starter

#62 : November 27, 2012, 02:27:35 PM

Safeties usually have a hard time transitioning at some point of their rookie season they struggle...I'm not at all worried about Barron. Part of Barron's problem is we have absolutely no CB's, none. Our best CB was Talib, when he was there for the most part Barron was doing pretty good! There is a reason safeties are safeties and corners are corners. Safeties usually don't have to cover play after play...but since we have no corners they are. Once we get a could decent corners he'll be fine and be able to make plays like he was brought into do. Also wouldn't hurt to see some more pressure from the DE's!

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#63 : November 27, 2012, 03:39:59 PM

Barron will grow with the rest of the D. Remember we've had a revolving door at CB and DE all year, as well as a converted CB at FS. Defense is very much a team thing; continuity has been totally lacking, which in itself creates potential problems.

dbrooks55

Starter

#64 : November 27, 2012, 06:14:23 PM

Barron will grow with the rest of the D. Remember we've had a revolving door at CB and DE all year, as well as a converted CB at FS. Defense is very much a team thing; continuity has been totally lacking, which in itself creates potential problems.

The revolving door at CB, and DE...are the 2 positions that will effect the play of a safety the most. Add the fact that he is a rookie...I really expect to see him grow next year. But you can't tell the masses that!

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#65 : November 27, 2012, 06:19:30 PM

I'm not worried about his coverage ability, that comes in time.

I'm worried about his tackling ability, which just seems lacking.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Barron is our most disappointing draft pick. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools