Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: That should end the playoff talk « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 25, 2012, 04:16:01 PM

Cyber isn't usually right about anything. This is just another case of him telling us McCain and Romney are going to win the election.

Today REALLY sucked. But...

1) We are still very much alive.

2) We do NOT need to win out to have a chance.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 25, 2012, 04:20:34 PM

Tie breakers are going to kill us. Very unlikely we get in.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 25, 2012, 04:23:10 PM

Lets go 49ers.. keep the saints where we need them to be.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 25, 2012, 04:24:00 PM

How, I'm usually right when it comes to football

Stratobuc

Starter
#19 : November 25, 2012, 04:24:14 PM

How can anyone watch this team give up big plays every week and still talk playoffs? It should never have been brought up this year. Add to that, Freeman missing wide open receivers for touchdowns, and you aren't going to the playoffs. Bucfans should be patient. This team is making progress, but that doesn't mean they are even half way to being competitive yet.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 25, 2012, 04:25:01 PM

Tie breakers are going to kill us. Very unlikely we get in.

I just went to the playoff machine. You're wrong as usual.

It's not going to be easy for us to get in but it's not like we have to have a ton of things happen, IF we take care of business.

And I'm not conceding next week's game to Denver either.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 25, 2012, 04:25:09 PM

5 NFC losses. Pass defense is horrific.
Hell yes.... this is not a playoff team.
you know - it might be worthwhile to be rid of this kind of post(ers). 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 25, 2012, 04:25:14 PM

I think that killed playoff chances as well but I've been wrong many times. They gotta really step up and win some tough games ahead.

shawn731

Starter

#23 : November 25, 2012, 04:27:22 PM

Stratobuc-I wouldnt say their not competitive.  They are we just make mental errors when we need is the least.  Every loss has been by less than a TD.  We have giving up big yards passing, yet we have been in the football game.  Watching this team grow is what keeps me watching.  We are growing anyone who doesnt see it is delusional.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 25, 2012, 04:28:42 PM

Honestly, cyberdude has a point.  Please note that, at least from me, this is NOT any sort of an, "OMG, this team sucks" sort of a statement.  I mean, you'd have to be a complete jackass to be unhappy with the progress this team has made.  (No names mentioned of course.)

But the first tiebreaker for playoff positioning is, I believe, conference record.  And it's going to be really tough for us to win one of those.  Which makes the playoffs one heck of an uphill battle.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 25, 2012, 04:30:07 PM

How can anyone watch this team give up big plays every week and still talk playoffs?

because we are in the thick of the race

This team is making progress, but that doesn't mean they are even half way to being competitive yet.

how can you possible say that we are not competitive?  my lord

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 25, 2012, 04:32:45 PM

Honestly, cyberdude has a point.  Please note that, at least from me, this is NOT any sort of an, "OMG, this team sucks" sort of a statement.  I mean, you'd have to be a complete jackass to be unhappy with the progress this team has made.  (No names mentioned of course.)

But the first tiebreaker for playoff positioning is, I believe, conference record.  And it's going to be really tough for us to win one of those.  Which makes the playoffs one heck of an uphill battle.

Go the playoff machine. We're very much in the hunt if we go 10-6. Not going to be easy but it's certainly reasonable to continue the playoff talk. Winning next week could help everybody get over this crushing defeat. Not totally. But a little.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 25, 2012, 04:33:04 PM

I LOL at these clowns claiming the defense lost this game.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#28 : November 25, 2012, 04:34:55 PM

How can anyone watch this team give up big plays every week and still talk playoffs?

because we are in the thick of the race

This team is making progress, but that doesn't mean they are even half way to being competitive yet.

how can you possible say that we are not competitive?  my lord

Because we are losing all of the games.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 25, 2012, 04:36:11 PM

no you're right, the defense was spectacular ......

there were several factors to why we lost the game
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: That should end the playoff talk « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools