Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: That should end the playoff talk « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 25, 2012, 04:36:55 PM

I LOL at these clowns claiming the defense lost this game.

Defense stepped it up big time but the O couldn't close the deal. How the hell did Atlanta stop our run game? And why did we
stick with it (on that last drive) when it wasn't working? How many 3rd down conversions did we have to get?

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#31 : November 25, 2012, 04:44:37 PM

It's over UFO.... the season is lost.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 25, 2012, 04:46:33 PM

No way this defense is playoff worthy.  Schiano has turned the team around.  He deserves so much credit for changing the work ethic and culture here.

Now, he gets the blame for the horrific defense.  Our DC was a loser at NYG and he is here as well.  Dude just can't call defenses.  Schiano has proven himself but our DC should be let go.  He sucks out loud and we probably will never win anything with that guy as DC.

It is what it is...

utbuc

Second String

#33 : November 25, 2012, 04:55:55 PM

Its not the end of playoff talk. I think we still find a way to get in but with this secondary you can't think we will actually do anything. We have to do something with it either move barber back to corner and black at safty or sign a couple of corners. With the guys we have the qbs we would be facing in the playoffs they don't stand a chance.

Badabingnrt

Starter

#34 : November 25, 2012, 05:17:17 PM

If we upset Denver then i will call it a wash but yes this one point loss was a killer. We have to go 4-1 with road games against den, no, and atl. We will be 8-8,9-7 and miss out. I hope im wrong

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#35 : November 25, 2012, 05:21:13 PM

The playoff talk is dead.

sg1977nc

Starter
#36 : November 25, 2012, 05:22:38 PM

We lost to one of the top 5 teams in the NFL by a point and IMO it was due to penalties and going for a 57 yrd FG more than anything.  We did not get outplayed...also know that like 3 of our best players are on IR...and we just got rid of another one for being a POS...compared to say the falcons...who were relatively healthy and intact. 

Disagree about this being a horrific defense.  We are the top running D in the NFL, and not (just) because teams choose to pass against us instead...ask the chiefs and vikings.  We are a shutdown corner, and a decent #2 corner away from being a top notch D.  Let me put it to you this way...We played against a team that has probowl level talent at QB, RB, TE, WR, WR and held them to 24 points...without a decent replacement for Talib or Wright...our best corner was biggers lol...against gonzo, white, and jones...nice...

Oh by the way 10-6 may get us into the playoffs, it is not out of the question.  We are likely going to be in the hunt until the end...but we have a rough schedule.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 25, 2012, 05:28:30 PM

Honestly, cyberdude has a point.  Please note that, at least from me, this is NOT any sort of an, "OMG, this team sucks" sort of a statement.  I mean, you'd have to be a complete jackass to be unhappy with the progress this team has made.  (No names mentioned of course.)

But the first tiebreaker for playoff positioning is, I believe, conference record.  And it's going to be really tough for us to win one of those.  Which makes the playoffs one heck of an uphill battle.

Go the playoff machine. We're very much in the hunt if we go 10-6. Not going to be easy but it's certainly reasonable to continue the playoff talk. Winning next week could help everybody get over this crushing defeat. Not totally. But a little.
Yeah, I'm not *really* meaning that we should write the playoffs off completely at this point.  I'm just saying that there is merit to the idea that it'd be a whole lot easier of a road if the team could win a tiebreaker.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 25, 2012, 05:33:36 PM

We lost to one of the top 5 teams in the NFL by a point and IMO it was due to penalties and going for a 57 yrd FG more than anything.  We did not get outplayed...also know that like 3 of our best players are on IR...and we just got rid of another one for being a POS...compared to say the falcons...who were relatively healthy and intact. 

Disagree about this being a horrific defense.  We are the top running D in the NFL, and not (just) because teams choose to pass against us instead...ask the chiefs and vikings.  We are a shutdown corner, and a decent #2 corner away from being a top notch D.  Let me put it to you this way...We played against a team that has probowl level talent at QB, RB, TE, WR, WR and held them to 24 points...without a decent replacement for Talib or Wright...our best corner was biggers lol...against gonzo, white, and jones...nice...

Oh by the way 10-6 may get us into the playoffs, it is not out of the question.  We are likely going to be in the hunt until the end...but we have a rough schedule.

Worst pass defense in a pass happy league?  You will be playing passing teams in the playoffs.  We give up 350+ to the best qbs who will make the playoffs. 

Do you honestly believe in your hearts of hearts that this defensive scheme is super bowl worthy?

Any other mo-mo's agree with this person?

Badabingnrt

Starter

#39 : November 25, 2012, 05:35:08 PM

We will win our remaining 2 home games. Hopefully, atl has homefield locked up and rests their starters so we can win that game. We would then have to split the no and den road games but given our defense, i have a imformed feeling that well finish 9-7

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#40 : November 25, 2012, 05:38:12 PM

That should end the playoff talk

Do you have a problem w/ prematurity?

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 25, 2012, 05:43:52 PM

I want to believe but the weakness in the secondary is too much to overcome. This can't be fixed in time.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 25, 2012, 05:44:39 PM

I'm not saying its a bad team. It's a lot better than many thought. But I see this team going likely 9-7. Which I would say is unlikely to be enough to get in unless 3 teams collapse. The passing defense is bad. And it's not going to get any better until next year. You can't win consistantly when you can't get off the field on 3rd down. We have to face Ryan again plus Manning plus Brees. It's a tall order for this secondary to beat these kind of teams.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 25, 2012, 05:51:13 PM

The playoff talk is dead.

You seem thrilled.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 25, 2012, 05:58:05 PM

I want to believe but the weakness in the secondary is too much to overcome. This can't be fixed in time.

Too much to overcome and yet we lost by one point.

D adjusted and did OK in the 2nd half after the Jones TD catch. The offense usually does more. But not today. Too many mistakes as others have listed.

Dammit!!!

This loss REALLY hurt. I'm sure a lot of you are still reeling like I am. The last thing we want to see is some jackass/negative
poster trying to point our playoff situation. And we all know he enjoys it on some level.

We all know today hurt our chances. But they're not dead. I'm looking for a surprise next week. KC hung in there with the Broncos. Maybe we can, too. We've done it every game so why not one more?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: That should end the playoff talk « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools