Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hey FSU fans... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

dark uncle

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 27, 2012, 08:52:30 PM

I have to admit that since Weinke we have suffered in both QB and O-Line play.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 27, 2012, 09:00:01 PM

you cant turn the ball over 5 times and expect to win.

UF knows this all too well.

FSU's biggest problem in recent times (imo) is QB development.  manuel-ponder even back to rix and whomever else...they play early, they play pretty decent...but they never get past the boneheaded inexperienced mistakes.  and of course the OL hasnt helped them much.

rix was a dumbass and had jeff bowden so hes a bad example, hell anyone who had jeff bowden
ponder played really good, actually exceptional, in 09 til he seperated his shoulder. ponder came out of nowhere for us. he came in as a depth guy and left a 1st rounder. i think thats pretty good talent development

manuel was at his best when jimbo let him roll the pocket and use his legs to make plays. this year jimbo didnt let him do any of that and that brings EJ down to 75%. his game is predicated on teams worrying about him running, kinda like cam newton. the two are remarkably similar. great runners with big arms but make bonehead mistakes and dont read defenses that well. EJ has first round physical talent, hell hes probably the most physically gifted qb coming out this year. he just has mental disconnects. i honestly think jimbo is in his head kinda like schiano and freeman at the beginning of the year. whenever we go into a 2 minute offense and use him in the shotgun he plays great. whenever we slow it down he doesnt play as well. hes better when you just let the offense run and let him freelance.

our OL has been a major cause for our qb issues. EJ got annihilated last year because of how bad the line was. in the games we protected EJ he has played remarkably well and has slice and diced defenses. in games where we didnt he throws 3 ints.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#32 : November 27, 2012, 09:02:02 PM

EJ Manuel lead with his helmet, too:

no he didn't, he was being tackled from behind and he turned his head as he was falling, almost like he was shying away from the other defender that was coming from the front.   Gator defender was putting his head down and leading with the crown.  He may have been aiming for the chest, he may have been trying to put his shoulder in Manuel's chest (I put the question mark after helmet to helmet in my original post for a reason).  But either way it is a dangerous way to hit an offensive player, for himself if nothing else.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#33 : November 28, 2012, 10:07:47 AM

EJ Manuel lead with his helmet, too:

no he didn't

Yes, he did.  He ducked his head, just like the defender did.

If you are going to argue one player "lead with his head", then they both did.  This isn't even debatable.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#34 : November 28, 2012, 12:18:16 PM

you're right it isn't debatable ....    ::)

dark uncle

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 28, 2012, 12:44:50 PM

EJ lowered his head and got earholed, but he was a runner and attempting to break a tackle and get more yardage. It was a boom-boom play.  I'm bummed that it sent EJ to the sidelines, but it isn't like the Gator went after EJ's knees or something. That high-low with momentum in two directions could have been much worse.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#36 : November 28, 2012, 01:06:19 PM

EJ lowered his head and got earholed, but he was a runner and attempting to break a tackle and get more yardage. It was a boom-boom play.  I'm bummed that it sent EJ to the sidelines, but it isn't like the Gator went after EJ's knees or something. That high-low with momentum in two directions could have been much worse.

I didn't say it was dirty or malicious.   
: November 28, 2012, 01:11:49 PM olafberserker

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 28, 2012, 01:20:09 PM

I could be wrong but I think this angle makes it look a lot closer than it was. To me it looks like Morrison's shoulder makes first contact with Manuel's shoulder. If it was true helmet-to-helmet with Morrison coming from the side like that, Manuel's head would have been really knocked sideways. But since he got hit in the shoulder first, it caused his whole body to turn. Manuel's body would not turn 90 degrees just from a head shot.
: November 28, 2012, 04:11:50 PM Feel Real Good

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#38 : November 28, 2012, 02:08:58 PM

I could be wrong but I think this angle makes it look a lot closer than it was. To me it looks like Morrison's shoulder makes first contact with Manuel's shoulder.

I think you're right.

Agreed.  And it was a hard-hitting football game.  Both teams were popping each other.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#39 : November 28, 2012, 10:01:22 PM

I could be wrong but I think this angle makes it look a lot closer than it was. To me it looks like Morrison's shoulder makes first contact with Manuel's shoulder. If it was true helmet-to-helmet with Morrison coming from the side like that, Manuel's head would have been really knocked sideways. But since he got hit in the shoulder first, it caused his whole body to turn. Manuel's body would not turn 90 degrees just from a head shot.

maybe, that is why I put the ? to begin with.  But Manuel was being tackled from behind and his body was turning before contact.  Looks to me like Manuel was turning his head as if to shy away from the hit coming from Morrison.   Morrison had his head down leading with the crown.  That's dangerous for him alone.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#40 : November 29, 2012, 12:12:12 AM

I have never had so much fun at a college game in my life. Hung out with the some of the UF guys after the game back in Gainesville. What a frreaking party!! Jaylen had another solid game...

He looks like an idiot on this play though, that Jeff Faine lookin' dude lays his ass out at about :13 seconds
: November 29, 2012, 12:13:51 AM tripblood

This guy...

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 29, 2012, 07:19:35 AM

"Jeff Faine lookin dude"  , lol

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#42 : November 29, 2012, 09:44:03 AM

I have never had so much fun at a college game in my life. Hung out with the some of the UF guys after the game back in Gainesville. What a frreaking party!!

just super, here come the SugarBowl suspensions!

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#43 : November 29, 2012, 12:18:32 PM

About Fisher, yes, his teams are very hot and cold. Time to get rid of the D-II schools on our schedule and get back on the road to playing real competition, if anyone is willing?  I suspect that next year's schedule is already messed-up with Maryland leaving the conference and I hope we don't have to backfill with someone like the Northern Alaska Agricultural and Icicle Polar Bears.

If you remember you were supposed to play WVU this yr but they screwed you guys in the 11th hour and you had to rush to sign St. Mary's Sisters of the Poor as a replacement game. I can't blame that on FSU, that's all on WVU and I hope they compensated FSU for the breach of contract

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 29, 2012, 03:53:23 PM

About Fisher, yes, his teams are very hot and cold. Time to get rid of the D-II schools on our schedule and get back on the road to playing real competition, if anyone is willing?  I suspect that next year's schedule is already messed-up with Maryland leaving the conference and I hope we don't have to backfill with someone like the Northern Alaska Agricultural and Icicle Polar Bears.

If you remember you were supposed to play WVU this yr but they screwed you guys in the 11th hour and you had to rush to sign St. Mary's Sisters of the Poor as a replacement game. I can't blame that on FSU, that's all on WVU and I hope they compensated FSU for the breach of contract

nowhere near enough. we lost money because of them **CENSORED**ing out of the game. went from guaranteed sellout to a 64000 person at best game. blech
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hey FSU fans... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools