Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hey FSU fans... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

dark uncle

Hall of Famer

#45 : November 30, 2012, 08:15:29 AM

Well, HAD FSU taken care of business (winning all our games), this might also have cost us a chance at the championship due to a crappy quality of opponent score by the computers.  Lucky for us, UF pounded us and made that moot.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#46 : November 30, 2012, 07:47:24 PM

I have never had so much fun at a college game in my life. Hung out with the some of the UF guys after the game back in Gainesville. What a frreaking party!!

just super, here come the SugarBowl suspensions!

No one is gonna be suspended for women and alcohol

This guy...

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#47 : December 01, 2012, 12:20:30 AM

This guy...

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#48 : December 01, 2012, 08:05:55 AM

LOL , that might be the best gif of all time.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#49 : December 01, 2012, 12:58:16 PM

meh freek has done better ones than that. some of his are completely epic, he did one about petrino when he got fired that was hilarious. between his weekly contributions and the meltdown thread on rollbamaroll i get some good laugh in CFB season

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#50 : December 02, 2012, 10:57:10 AM

ACC championship was a bit closer game than I would have expected.  i saw the beginning with FSU moving the ball at will and stuffing the option.  didnt turn the game back on until 1 minute to play.  FSU sure played it dangerously!

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#51 : December 02, 2012, 03:29:57 PM

jimbo went ultra conservative in the 2nd half as usual and kelvin benjamin tried to give game away. bad fumble followed by zero effort on a pass that ended up an INT that almost cost us the game. really hung EJ out there with that one. wasnt pretty but we won, ill take it i guess

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#52 : December 02, 2012, 04:13:32 PM

jimbo went ultra conservative in the 2nd half as usual and kelvin benjamin tried to give game away. bad fumble followed by zero effort on a pass that ended up an INT that almost cost us the game. really hung EJ out there with that one. wasnt pretty but we won, ill take it i guess

i actually thought we were too aggressive in the 2nd half.  up 21-6 and running the ball at will we come out in the 2nd half in the gun and let EJ sling it around and that equaled 3 turnovers.  i swear at times I think Jimbo is so stubborn about wanting to win a certain way he wont take what is given to him.  Its like he gets bored even when we are running well and feels the need to bulk up EJs passing stats.   EJ actually looked good on designed runs in the 1st half but we went away from that in the 2nd.   

I dont know what else to say about EJ.  That dude is regressing....... earlier in his career i never thought I'd say this but I'm ready to see him graduate and move on. He is hurting us.  The turnovers, the indecisiveness, the lack of pocket prescence and he knocks us out of FG range at least once a game with a killer sack.  Jimbo has to own that.  EJ is his hand picked guy.  EJ was Jimbo's signature recruit years ago when Jimbo was the OC/HC in waiting under BB.  EJ was a 5 star/Elite 11 QB recruit and was going to put us back on the map.  Jimbo has had 5 years to coach this guy up and the results are average.  What is even more frustrating is that despite knowing EJs weaknesses better than anyone Jimbo stubbornly refuses to call the game to minimize those weaknesses and play to his strengths. 

The OB is the last game of the season so no need to be cautious with Manuel.  Jimbo needs to saddle him up and make designed QB runs a major part of the game plan.
: December 02, 2012, 05:28:30 PM rpc1978

dark uncle

Hall of Famer

#53 : December 02, 2012, 06:03:15 PM

EJ has ZERO pocket presence. I can;t wait until we get someone who can USE our receivers.

OTOH, GT was stuffing a lot of our runs in the second half.  I was aghast at how poorly they played in the second half, giving the ball up that often and more or less looking like there was no urgency.  We also need to quit the 7-step drops if our OT's can't handle the speed rushers.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#54 : December 03, 2012, 10:04:16 AM

EJ has ZERO pocket presence. I can;t wait until we get someone who can USE our receivers.

He loves running into sacks doesn't he?  And when he takes a sack he makes sure it's for 10+ yards.

dark uncle

Hall of Famer

#55 : December 03, 2012, 03:07:16 PM

He loves running into sacks doesn't he?  And when he takes a sack he makes sure it's for 10+ yards.

or a sack/fumble

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#56 : December 03, 2012, 04:15:59 PM

EJ has ZERO pocket presence.

Neither does Driskel , so I feel your pain.

At least Driskel is only a sophmore however , so maybe he can develop some .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dark uncle

Hall of Famer

#57 : December 03, 2012, 05:27:42 PM

we had high hopes for EJ, I can only hope (as an FSU fan) that Driskel follows in EJ's footsteps.  :P

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#58 : December 03, 2012, 06:23:26 PM

we had high hopes for EJ, I can only hope (as an FSU fan) that Driskel follows in EJ's footsteps.  :P

i wouldnt wish that. love him or hate him EJ has won a bunch of games and has a very high completion percentage. if you want driskell to emulate a former FSU qb youd better pick wyatt sexton or chris rix

dark uncle

Hall of Famer

#59 : December 03, 2012, 08:42:17 PM

wow, you are making this difficult.  OK, emulate Rix, that'll turn your hair as gray as mine then. 

EJ has won a bunch of games, but (Lord forgive me for this) he isn't a smart QB.  He is an athlete that can sling the ball and has talent all around him. Completion percentages are all well and good, but look at the competition this season and tell me who an average QB should NOT have generated a decent completion percentage?  It isn't like we were facing the Tide D or something.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hey FSU fans... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools