Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sad day... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

Hate

Hall of Famer
: November 25, 2012, 06:36:37 PM

This loss was a major missed opportunity....for me, it hurts like 2. Had em on the ropes and because of our own doing, couldn't put em away. The loss can be contributed to a few things.... too many FGs, dropped passes and missed TDs. But the one thing that eats at me the most is seeing Ryan stand there untouched for what seems like 4/5 seconds on too many occasions. You can't beat good teams when you get no pressure and we have got to be the worst blitzing team in the lg. My major gripe is that our #3 overall pick never seems to step up when we need him the most. Sure, he's good...not great. Solid....not special. At some point, he's gotta make THE play that changes the game....i'm not sure he's capable.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 25, 2012, 06:39:19 PM

Went to the game today...maybe I should watch him more, but I only recall him making 1 play all game.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 25, 2012, 06:42:03 PM

This game sucked. Will be a tough one to bounce back from. They can't beat themselves like they did today and expect a shot at the playoffs.

And Agree about McCoy. He's not a "problem" for the offense enough. 99 was always a "problem".
: November 25, 2012, 06:44:54 PM BucBalla85

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 25, 2012, 06:44:31 PM

BTW, I was waiting for our #7 to also make a play.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 25, 2012, 06:45:40 PM

This loss was a major missed opportunity....for me, it hurts like 2. Had em on the ropes and because of our own doing, couldn't put em away. The loss can be contributed to a few things.... too many FGs, dropped passes and missed TDs. But the one thing that eats at me the most is seeing Ryan stand there untouched for what seems like 4/5 seconds on too many occasions. You can't beat good teams when you get no pressure and we have got to be the worst blitzing team in the lg. My major gripe is that our #3 overall pick never seems to step up when we need him the most. Sure, he's good...not great. Solid....not special. At some point, he's gotta make THE play that changes the game....i'm not sure he's capable.

Hate, I couldn't agree more. If McCoy is going to be a great DT, he needs to make the f'n play. I don't wanna hear about taking on double teams blah blah. Get in the backfield and sack the QB. Fortunately, I think we will be significantly improved in that area next year. The call by Schiano to kick a 56 yd field goal was devestating for me. I get it, try to take the lead, hindsight is 20-20. Still how do you not punt there? Or maybe go for it. What are the percentages on a 56 yard field goal? Also Freeman missing M.Williams wide open in the endzone was a play that really hurt us, IMO. Josh played a good game, but he needs to step up and make those TD throws in big time games like this. Just some thoughts.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 25, 2012, 06:46:26 PM

Went to the game today...maybe I should watch him more, but I only recall him making 1 play all game.

We're #1 run D so i have to give him some credit but dammit.... this was a statement game. A game your elite players take over. We all knew the secondary is suspect so its up to the D-line to counter that. As the 'leader' of that unit, dude needs to step it up from time to time. A key 3rd down sack, force a fumble.... something. F'ing ticks me off!!

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 25, 2012, 06:50:25 PM

#3 doesn't have a sack since week 3...that's terrible.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 25, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

That's been the problem all year. There is no pass rush. I know they got to Ryan a couple times. But most of the time, 3rd down and long...you know they are passing, and Ryan is standing back there with all the time he wants.

I dont know if the problem is scheme, injuries, talent... but we see it every single week, it's a big problem. And the defense will not get any better until that's solved.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 25, 2012, 07:08:25 PM

Agree about pass rush. We need to upgrade there. I like these guys and all but they don't get there enough. Not as much as you need to go anywhere worthy in this league. They need to go get a stud pass rusher this offseason to go into the mix of other tough DEs we have. The corners upgrade goes without saying too. A big focus on DE and CB would be wise for this team.

beaners

Rookie

#9 : November 25, 2012, 07:12:54 PM

Big series for me as when we recovered the fumble on the sack, we came out and threw it.  I know you want to go for a big play in that situation but it seems that is all we do.  Think we should have pounded the rock a little more and kept them guessing

Hate

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 25, 2012, 07:18:41 PM

Agree about pass rush. We need to upgrade there. I like these guys and all but they don't get there enough. Not as much as you need to go anywhere worthy in this league. They need to go get a stud pass rusher this offseason to go into the mix of other tough DEs we have. The corners upgrade goes without saying too. A big focus on DE and CB would be wise for this team.

We gave up 1 td pass today with very little at the CB position. Hell.... even Biggers would be better if the QB was forced to rush or throw an errant pass from time to time.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 25, 2012, 07:19:14 PM

Big series for me as when we recovered the fumble on the sack, we came out and threw it.  I know you want to go for a big play in that situation but it seems that is all we do.  Think we should have pounded the rock a little more and kept them guessing

I like the try for a deep shot there fresh off the turnover. Would have been devestating had we connected. They kept with the ground game enough today. Falcons were obviously keying on it big time today.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 25, 2012, 07:19:28 PM

Yeah after the fumble you had to get 7 not 3.r.teplay I wish
they would of picked it and ra it ink after the Biggers hit.27-17
: November 25, 2012, 07:23:23 PM ToddyBuc

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 25, 2012, 07:20:06 PM

We gave up 1 td pass today with very little at the CB position. Hell.... even Biggers would be better if the QB was forced to rush or throw an errant pass from time to time.

I'd still look to upgrade. Those guys don't scare anybody.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#14 : November 25, 2012, 07:21:00 PM

Not a day for me... Barron was completely exposed as a bad player and Greg was exposed as the worst coach in our division.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sad day... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools