Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sad day... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#15 : November 25, 2012, 07:21:19 PM

Bucs had NFL's top team on the ropes.  Compared to a year ago, this Bucs team is way ahead of schedule.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 25, 2012, 07:22:18 PM

This loss was a major missed opportunity....for me, it hurts like 2. Had em on the ropes and because of our own doing, couldn't put em away. The loss can be contributed to a few things.... too many FGs, dropped passes and missed TDs. But the one thing that eats at me the most is seeing Ryan stand there untouched for what seems like 4/5 seconds on too many occasions. You can't beat good teams when you get no pressure and we have got to be the worst blitzing team in the lg. My major gripe is that our #3 overall pick never seems to step up when we need him the most. Sure, he's good...not great. Solid....not special. At some point, he's gotta make THE play that changes the game....i'm not sure he's capable.

Hate, I couldn't agree more. If McCoy is going to be a great DT, he needs to make the f'n play. I don't wanna hear about taking on double teams blah blah. Get in the backfield and sack the QB. Fortunately, I think we will be significantly improved in that area next year. The call by Schiano to kick a 56 yd field goal was devestating for me. I get it, try to take the lead, hindsight is 20-20. Still how do you not punt there? Or maybe go for it. What are the percentages on a 56 yard field goal? Also Freeman missing M.Williams wide open in the endzone was a play that really hurt us, IMO. Josh played a good game, but he needs to step up and make those TD throws in big time games like this. Just some thoughts.

Blame the scheme, not McCoy.  Our 2 best players on D are McCoy and Bennett, but neither can play to their full potential because the scheme has them running laterally or backwards too much.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 25, 2012, 07:22:45 PM

I'm exposed as the worst poster in the history of posting.

Couldn't agree more.   :-\

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 25, 2012, 07:25:17 PM

You can't beat good teams when you get no pressure and we have got to be the worst blitzing team in the lg.

Watching the way the 9ers get after the QB, like they are getting after Brees, is a goddamn thing of beauty. It would be great to get after the QB like that. Yes, we'll get Clayborn back next year, but we need to add a great pass rusher.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 25, 2012, 07:25:59 PM

This loss was a major missed opportunity....for me, it hurts like 2. Had em on the ropes and because of our own doing, couldn't put em away. The loss can be contributed to a few things.... too many FGs, dropped passes and missed TDs. But the one thing that eats at me the most is seeing Ryan stand there untouched for what seems like 4/5 seconds on too many occasions. You can't beat good teams when you get no pressure and we have got to be the worst blitzing team in the lg. My major gripe is that our #3 overall pick never seems to step up when we need him the most. Sure, he's good...not great. Solid....not special. At some point, he's gotta make THE play that changes the game....i'm not sure he's capable.

Hate, I couldn't agree more. If McCoy is going to be a great DT, he needs to make the f'n play. I don't wanna hear about taking on double teams blah blah. Get in the backfield and sack the QB. Fortunately, I think we will be significantly improved in that area next year. The call by Schiano to kick a 56 yd field goal was devestating for me. I get it, try to take the lead, hindsight is 20-20. Still how do you not punt there? Or maybe go for it. What are the percentages on a 56 yard field goal? Also Freeman missing M.Williams wide open in the endzone was a play that really hurt us, IMO. Josh played a good game, but he needs to step up and make those TD throws in big time games like this. Just some thoughts.

Blame the scheme, not McCoy.  Our 2 best players on D are McCoy and Bennett, but neither can play to their full potential because the scheme has them running laterally or backwards too much.

Brads, you are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT about that.  For whatever reason, the DC keeps running twists that require McCoy to go OUTSIDE the DE position.  Time for the QB is running while McCoy is looping.  By the time he just finishes his loop, about 3 seconds have elapsed and NOW his is STARTING to go in toward the QB. 

It simply INFURIATES me watching that over and over again.....

.....just my opinion

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#20 : November 25, 2012, 07:26:13 PM

Yeah, that three and out took away a lot of momentum.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 25, 2012, 07:27:18 PM

Bucs had NFL's top team on the ropes.  Compared to a year ago, this Bucs team is way ahead of schedule.

If the Falcons are the best team in the NFC, put your money on whatever comes out of the AFC to win the Super Bowl.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 25, 2012, 07:31:22 PM

Brads, you are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT about that.  For whatever reason, the DC keeps running twists that require McCoy to go OUTSIDE the DE position.  Time for the QB is running while McCoy is looping.  By the time he just finishes his loop, about 3 seconds have elapsed and NOW his is STARTING to go in toward the QB. 

Yup. McCoy's best attribute is his get off and how he gets that quick penetration. That is taken away every time Sheridan tries to get too cute with him. McCoy is a monster penetrator, he has never been a sack artist. We need to draft one of those.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 25, 2012, 07:33:36 PM

SF is by far the best in the NFC.

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

Hate

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 25, 2012, 07:33:59 PM

Yup. McCoy's best attribute is his get off and how he gets that quick penetration. That is taken away every time Sheridan tries to get too cute with him. McCoy is a monster penetrator, he has never been a sack artist. We need to draft one of those.

Chace, i don't need him to be a sack artist. What i need is for him to make his presence felt in the most important game of his tenure here!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 25, 2012, 07:35:55 PM

Excellent descriptions, fellas.  All three of you are 100% correct.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 25, 2012, 07:42:02 PM

Chace, i don't need him to be a sack artist. What i need is for him to make his presence felt in the most important game of his tenure here!!

Considering the dumb stunts and the double teams, I would say that McCoy had a decent game. We didn't lose this game because of the defense. Considering that we had 3 undrafted rooks playing in the secondary today and held ATL to 24 points. I'm not putting this one on the D. The offense left a lot points on the field.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#27 : November 25, 2012, 07:42:35 PM

+1

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 25, 2012, 07:43:28 PM

That pass rush amazing.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 25, 2012, 07:44:52 PM

Green Bay might have something to say about that.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sad day... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools