Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sad day... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#30 : November 25, 2012, 07:46:46 PM

Blame the scheme, not McCoy.  Our 2 best players on D are McCoy and Bennett, but neither can play to their full potential because the scheme has them running laterally or backwards too much.

Brads, you are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT about that.  For whatever reason, the DC keeps running twists that require McCoy to go OUTSIDE the DE position.  Time for the QB is running while McCoy is looping.  By the time he just finishes his loop, about 3 seconds have elapsed and NOW his is STARTING to go in toward the QB. 

It simply INFURIATES me watching that over and over again.....

Yup. McCoy's best attribute is his get off and how he gets that quick penetration. That is taken away every time Sheridan tries to get too cute with him. McCoy is a monster penetrator, he has never been a sack artist. We need to draft one of those.

Excellent descriptions, fellas.  All three of you are 100% correct.
agree - now - anyone have Schiano's email?  This is getting nutty

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 25, 2012, 07:52:48 PM

Agree the scheme might need a little tweeking.

I just watched the Niners game, and they were getting major pressure on Brees with a 3 man rush.   Amazing.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 25, 2012, 08:03:04 PM

Bucs had NFL's top team on the ropes.  Compared to a year ago, this Bucs team is way ahead of schedule.

If the Falcons are the best team in the NFC, put your money on whatever comes out of the AFC to win the Super Bowl.

We are 3-0 vs the AFC. Its the NFC that gives us problems.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 25, 2012, 08:23:51 PM

When Ronde intercepted that pass and took it down to the 31 I was convinced today was the day the Bucs would beat Atlanta....next play was genius......Freeman to MW19 to VJax.....had his cleats not skidded out, he'd have scored and the course of the game would've shifted quite a bit.

Overall a tough loss but still optimistic about direction of the team.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 25, 2012, 08:27:08 PM

One thing that needs to be cleaned up before next week is the poor tackling. A lot of missed tackles today.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 25, 2012, 08:36:08 PM

One thing that needs to be cleaned up before next week is the poor tackling. A lot of missed tackles today.

Ya Leonard have a rough day in that dept. 

Schiano was schooling him on the sideline, but he is young, he will be fine.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 25, 2012, 08:38:23 PM

I counted multiple missed tackles from Barron, Leonard, Biggers, Barber, David, and Foster.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 25, 2012, 08:40:19 PM

I counted multiple missed tackles from Barron, Leonard, Biggers, Barber, David, and Foster.

True but at least Biggers, Ronde and David redeemed themselves with huge plays.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#38 : November 25, 2012, 08:40:35 PM

I miss the pass rush we were getting early in the season....what happened?!

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#39 : November 25, 2012, 08:41:18 PM

This loss was a major missed opportunity....for me, it hurts like 2. Had em on the ropes and because of our own doing, couldn't put em away. The loss can be contributed to a few things.... too many FGs, dropped passes and missed TDs. But the one thing that eats at me the most is seeing Ryan stand there untouched for what seems like 4/5 seconds on too many occasions. You can't beat good teams when you get no pressure and we have got to be the worst blitzing team in the lg. My major gripe is that our #3 overall pick never seems to step up when we need him the most. Sure, he's good...not great. Solid....not special. At some point, he's gotta make THE play that changes the game....i'm not sure he's capable.

Hate, I couldn't agree more. If McCoy is going to be a great DT, he needs to make the f'n play. I don't wanna hear about taking on double teams blah blah. Get in the backfield and sack the QB. Fortunately, I think we will be significantly improved in that area next year. The call by Schiano to kick a 56 yd field goal was devestating for me. I get it, try to take the lead, hindsight is 20-20. Still how do you not punt there? Or maybe go for it. What are the percentages on a 56 yard field goal? Also Freeman missing M.Williams wide open in the endzone was a play that really hurt us, IMO. Josh played a good game, but he needs to step up and make those TD throws in big time games like this. Just some thoughts.

Blame the scheme, not McCoy.  Our 2 best players on D are McCoy and Bennett, but neither can play to their full potential because the scheme has them running laterally or backwards too much.
This is what I think as well.  Too many stunts, not enough north south in the scheme for the dline.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#40 : November 25, 2012, 08:43:16 PM

I miss the pass rush we were getting early in the season....what happened?!

Clayborn

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 25, 2012, 08:44:47 PM

Clayborn and teams started doubling down on McCoy.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 25, 2012, 08:45:14 PM

I am not gonna watch football tonight, that is how sick I am.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 25, 2012, 08:51:40 PM

The fellas are all pretty bummed out.

Stephen Holder‏@HolderStephen

Lotta disappointment in #Bucs locker room. They know they have plenty of regrets after a number of missed opps.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 25, 2012, 08:55:28 PM

The fellas are all pretty bummed out.

Stephen Holder‏@HolderStephen

Lotta disappointment in #Bucs locker room. They know they have plenty of regrets after a number of missed opps.

Good. Maybe they man-up, admit the mistakes, and make sure they don't do it again.

Next game come out with a chip on their shoulders.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sad day... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools