Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sad day... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#75 : November 25, 2012, 10:43:00 PM

I'm just frustrated because everything that we needed to happen happened this weekend....yet, we couldn't seal the deal when it was there to be had.
This is true. I'm more frustrated with the play of Mark Barron. He was god awful.

But this is a young team, we can only go UP from here. We don't have the personnel yet in the secondary to beat good teams, consistently.

While i agree with that, it wasn't the secondary that failed us today. THAT is the source of my frustration.

Agreed

The defense overall was fine today IMO. If you asked me before the game, "hey, would you take ATL scoring 24 pts in this game," I would've said hell yes. They still struggle too much on 3rd down for my liking, but they made 2 HUGE 3rd down plays today...the Barber INT and the Biggers forced fumble. The problem was even though the offense started out w/great field position after those TOs, they only ended up w/6 pts.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#76 : November 25, 2012, 10:43:30 PM

He would STILL look that way if he wasn't wasting his outstanding first step laterally on an End-Tackle twist!  They need to let him rush straight up, or no more than a T-T twist, although with him I think that should be done seldom.

I also think we will see Bowers do more and more in the pass rush as the season goes on.  Who even expected him to play even ONE SNAP when the season started??

.....just my opinion

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#77 : November 25, 2012, 10:46:35 PM

I'm just frustrated because everything that we needed to happen happened this weekend....yet, we couldn't seal the deal when it was there to be had.
This is true. I'm more frustrated with the play of Mark Barron. He was god awful.

But this is a young team, we can only go UP from here. We don't have the personnel yet in the secondary to beat good teams, consistently.

While i agree with that, it wasn't the secondary that failed us today. THAT is the source of my frustration.

Agreed

The defense overall was fine today IMO. If you asked me before the game, "hey, would you take ATL scoring 24 pts in this game," I would've said hell yes. They still struggle too much on 3rd down for my liking, but they made 2 HUGE 3rd down plays today...the Barber INT and the Biggers forced fumble. The problem was even though the offense started out w/great field position after those TOs, they only ended up w/6 pts.
Freeman is a baller.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#78 : November 25, 2012, 10:50:26 PM

I would say that McCoy had a decent game.

McCoy was not the problem today.    Is he dominant?   Naw.   But he played pretty well.      He burst through to jam some runs and had that fumble recovery.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#79 : November 25, 2012, 11:53:18 PM

yes clayborn is a big time hussle play guy. probably provides a lot of motivation for the other lineman.

One of those non-stop motor guys.

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

#80 : November 26, 2012, 03:02:38 AM

McCoy is doing everything that is asked of him by the coaching staff, he may not be getting the stats but his play is allowing others to make plays. You also have to consider that the scheme isn't allowing him to go North/South all the time, plus when the Bucs bring a blitz it's not doing much either. If our secondary was better McCoy would probably have more big plays but as it is by the time he is getting to the QB there are 2-3 guys that the QB can hit. McCoy is playing lights out this year, the scheme and a porous secondary are to fault not McCoy. That being said grabbing another DT to help wouldn't go amiss in the draft.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#81 : November 26, 2012, 05:28:59 AM

I am not gonna watch football tonight, that is how sick I am.

The fellas are all pretty bummed out.

Stephen Holder‏@HolderStephen

Lotta disappointment in #Bucs locker room. They know they have plenty of regrets after a number of missed opps.

Good. Maybe they man-up, admit the mistakes, and make sure they don't do it again.

Next game come out with a chip on their shoulders.

that's what I'm hoping

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#82 : November 26, 2012, 10:21:19 AM

With McCoy getting some heat, here is a slight breakdown of what I saw yesterday.

Ok. Below are two shots from the first Falcons drive. The pic on the left is just as the ball is snapped and has made it to Ryan's hands. GMC is circled. The pic on the right shows that the scheme has GMC running a stunt in which the DL to his right crosses his face and GMC is supposed to loop around him. As you can see, this is dumb. You already have some of the DL 2-3 yards up field while GMC is waiting to stunt to his right and is still back at the original LOS. This is maddening. GMCs greatest strength is his get off. It would be better to try and have him try to bust through a double team than trying this crap. It is setting him up for failure.

Again. Below we have a key third down and 7 on Atlanta's second drive. The pic on the left has GMC highlighted just before the snap. The pic on the right shows that GMC is once again waiting on DTN to cross his face so he can loop around the right side, instead of getting straight up the field. GMC does not have the speed to get this done. He is not a DE. They are asking him to do something that is not in his skill set, IMO. Sheridan is being too cute with this sh*t.

There are 20 other shots I could post from this game that show something similar. Sure, GMC could be playing better. He has been a beast in the run game, but he is having trouble beating some of the double teams he is facing. That might be why Sheridan feels the need to try and bring him around the edge on plays like the two above....but it needs to be recognized that GMC is not a sack artist. He is a disrupter. A master penetrator. That what he was at OU, and that is what he is here. He will probably never hit double digit sacks, but if used correctly he will f*ck up the LOS. We need better pass rushers off the edge.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#83 : November 26, 2012, 12:11:53 PM

It was a sad day indeed

Madman

Hall of Famer
#84 : November 26, 2012, 12:21:43 PM

I'd characterize it more as a tough loss by a talented, young team with a new coaching staff still finding it's way.

What we saw last year was sad.

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#85 : November 26, 2012, 02:31:06 PM

Sure, GMC could be playing better. He has been a beast in the run game, but he is having trouble beating some of the double teams he is facing. That might be why Sheridan feels the need to try and bring him around the edge on plays like the two above....but it needs to be recognized that GMC is not a sack artist. He is a disrupter. A master penetrator. That what he was at OU, and that is what he is here. He will probably never hit double digit sacks, but if used correctly he will f*ck up the LOS. We need better pass rushers off the edge.

Hate to quote, but I didn't want to retype such a good point.  When watching the games, I just can't help but think he isn't be utilized correctly.

To this point, the numerous articles where McCoy says 'they listened to him" just reiterates the point.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sad day... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools