Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Now with images! Another example of why Freeman might never be elite « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 25, 2012, 09:27:28 PM

Whether he's 22, 24, 28, 35..... you gotta hit wide open receivers, PERIOD!!

Even Drew Brees occasionally missed a wide open receiver when he was 24.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 25, 2012, 09:28:27 PM

You need to make that throw. No doubt. However, every NFL QB makes mistakes like that. Look at Eli, the guy is the definition of inconsistent. I am not making an excuse for him. I just don't think you can come out and make a statement like that on just that play. Last week Freeman hit Vincent Jackson on a throw that could be considered "elite." Just saying there is good and bad, he is young. Try not to "hate," hate.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 25, 2012, 09:30:29 PM

And still does.  It happens.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 25, 2012, 09:30:51 PM

Maybe "never" was too much of a exaggeration, I'll go ahead and bite my tongue for now and change the title of the thread.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 25, 2012, 09:31:22 PM

lol

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 25, 2012, 09:32:49 PM

Maybe "never" was too much of a exaggeration, I'll go ahead and bite my tongue for now and change the title of the thread.

Change it to, "Might not be elite THIS YEAR" and you'll have made progress.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 25, 2012, 09:38:40 PM

Yes, if he keeps missing open WRs (and he missed MW today) he might never get be called an elite QB. He still has room for improvement. Happy now?

But if you think elite QB NEVER miss an open reciever, making those 'easy' throws in their sleep... you are wrong, and prolly will NEVER SEE an elite QB on your team.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 25, 2012, 09:39:09 PM

You need to make that throw. No doubt. However, every NFL QB makes mistakes like that. Look at Eli, the guy is the definition of inconsistent. I am not making an excuse for him. I just don't think you can come out and make a statement like that on just that play. Last week Freeman hit Vincent Jackson on a throw that could be considered "elite." Just saying there is good and bad, he is young. Try not to "hate," hate.

Not hatin' on the guy... just making an observation. You either hit the easy ones or you go home with a loss.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Bradspace

Pro Bowler

#23 : November 25, 2012, 09:43:38 PM

Drew Brees was awful at 24.  Philip Rivers wouldn't be in San Diego if Brees had played as well as Freeman.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 25, 2012, 09:44:22 PM

Yes, if he keeps missing open WRs (and he missed MW today) he might never get be called an elite QB. He still has room for improvement. Happy now?

But if you think elite QB NEVER miss an open reciever, making those 'easy' throws in their sleep... you are wrong, and prolly will NEVER SEE an elite QB on your team.
I never said Elite QBs go perfect every game, but when you look at the situation today with the Mike Williams throw (As ONE of many examples), I'm sure any top 5 QB would have put that ball in a catch-able position...Freeman, well, Freeman wasn't even close and that play alone cost us the game.

Bradspace

Pro Bowler

#25 : November 25, 2012, 09:44:45 PM

265 yards, no picks,  90 QBR.

Ya he sucks, lets trade for Sanchize.
Who said he sucks?

Not much ground between  "never being elite"  and   "sucks".    At least IMO.

Was Brad Johnson elite?  Or did he suck?  Your thoughts?

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#26 : November 25, 2012, 09:50:55 PM

Drew Brees was awful at 24.  Philip Rivers wouldn't be in San Diego if Brees had played as well as Freeman.

Actually Drew Brees leaving San Diego was more due to the belief that he was injury prone, if my memory serves me correctly. Other than the injuries, Brees was a solid QB in San Diego.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 25, 2012, 09:52:47 PM

"LOL; "isn't yet a franchise QB" I'd agree with. In his 1st year with a whole new system,QB coach, OC, and HC, I think he's doin' way more good than bad.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 25, 2012, 09:54:25 PM

Freeman seems to be a lot like Ryan Fitzpatrick.  He'll have games where you'd think that the sky's the limit... then there are games where you can't wait for the draft to replace him.  I stand by what I said back in September... he'll be a very frustrating QB.  He very well could be here for another 3 or 4 more seasons being the epitome of "inconsistent".  I'm concerned.

Bradspace

Pro Bowler

#29 : November 25, 2012, 09:55:33 PM

Actually Drew Brees leaving San Diego was more due to the belief that he was injury prone, if my memory serves me correctly. Other than the injuries, Brees was a solid QB in San Diego.

He was benched more than a few games for a 41 year old Flutie.  He was awful until the season after they drafted Rivers. 

Here is an article about him having the 2nd lowest passer rating in the AFC in his 3rd season...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1684862
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Now with images! Another example of why Freeman might never be elite « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools