Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Now with images! Another example of why Freeman might never be elite « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 25, 2012, 09:56:26 PM

265 yards, no picks,  90 QBR.

Ya he sucks, lets trade for Sanchize.
Who said he sucks?

Not much ground between  "never being elite"  and   "sucks".    At least IMO.

Was Brad Johnson elite?  Or did he suck?  Your thoughts?

He falls into the game manager category.  Different conversation.  Freeman is already past the game manager designation. 

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Sam Ram 33

Second String

#31 : November 25, 2012, 09:59:58 PM

Freeman seems to be a lot like Ryan Fitzpatrick.  He'll have games where you'd think that the sky's the limit... then there are games where you can't wait for the draft to replace him.  I stand by what I said back in September... he'll be a very frustrating QB.  He very well could be here for another 3 or 4 more seasons being the epitome of "inconsistent".  I'm concerned.

this is is a pretty dumb statement... He has 5 Int's this season... Thus it would be impossible for him to be fitzpatrick awful in any game. Fitz awful is throwing 4 picks.  Free has been great this year. he is the last of our concerns.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 25, 2012, 10:01:32 PM

Freeman seems to be a lot like Ryan Fitzpatrick.  He'll have games where you'd think that the sky's the limit... then there are games where you can't wait for the draft to replace him.  I stand by what I said back in September... he'll be a very frustrating QB.  He very well could be here for another 3 or 4 more seasons being the epitome of "inconsistent".  I'm concerned.

this is is a pretty dumb statement... He has 5 Int's this season... Thus it would be impossible for him to be fitzpatrick awful in any game. Fitz awful is throwing 4 picks.  Free has been great this year. he is the last of our concerns.

Agree its not a very good comparison.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#33 : November 25, 2012, 10:02:46 PM

Idk. Hes still a young developing QB in is third system in as many years as a starting QB. He really hasn't looked that bad since we played the Redskins either. I don't remember too many plays where I thought 'Jesus, that was horrible' and I seem to remember a whole lotta plays where I said 'that was a nice pass, we REALLY needed that' to myself. Keep in mind, Doug Martin (who is great) was held to 50 rush yards and didn't do much in the passing game. Not to mention he completely whiffed on a handful of goal line tries that proved to be the difference between a win and a loss today.

Typically in the NFL, a QB doesn't put up big numbers if his RB is held at bay (pun intended).

Anyway, I think Freeman had a solid day, despite his numbers. He usually made the pass when he needed to convert and strung long drives together all game. That is what you look for in a QB at this level.
: November 25, 2012, 10:05:49 PM TampaBucks05

jaybuc1

Rookie
#34 : November 25, 2012, 10:04:35 PM

Brady to Welker in the Super Bowl? Elite qbs miss throws every game. There were many other reasons we lost other than Freeman.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 25, 2012, 10:05:32 PM

Who said he sucks?

Are you going to cry and question Freeman every time he doesn't have an amazing game? Dude, missed an opportunity. All QBs do. If you can't handle that, find another sport to follow. Geez.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 25, 2012, 10:05:34 PM

LMAO. Freeman has been playing great for the past 6 weeks. Today, he made a few mistakes/bad throws. I'll be concerned if he
keeps missing throws like that in the upcoming weeks.

And hopefully, everybody watched his post game presser. He was frustrated as hell about that miss and the overall lack of being
able to score TDs on those two drives.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 25, 2012, 10:06:01 PM

Brady to Welker in the Super Bowl? Elite qbs miss throws every game. There were many other reasons we lost other than Freeman.

+1

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 25, 2012, 10:07:41 PM

I never said Elite QBs go perfect every game, but when you look at the situation today with the Mike Williams throw (As ONE of many examples), I'm sure any top 5 QB would have put that ball in a catch-able position...Freeman, well, Freeman wasn't even close and that play alone cost us the game.

nope, i do not buy this . Throwing the ball here 100 times, elite QB prolly hit it 95 times, Freeman MAYBE(!!) just 90 times. But what makes you believe he could not improve on this over the time, he is 24? Is that 1 miss here, really telling us he will not hit the next 99 (or 95 of 99)?
Remember the Brady to Moss TD record setting play? Should Brady have stopped throwing to him because of the drop on the play right before?

Maybe Freeman already hits this throw 95 out of 100 times, but bad play on other occasions(pre snap reads, audibles, pump fakes etc), which he still can improve on, make those 5 misses more meaningfull. Brady missed multiple targets on thanksgiving night, still that game was not even close.

Freeman has not shown enough, especially timewise, to be called elite yet. But dang he is on a good way already. I do not really see him making so many more bad throws than QB that are already considered elite, but alot of room for improvement on other areas of his game. Just look at all those issues with the play clock, and its already light years better than last year. We prolly burnt 1-2 time outs per game under raheem due to not being ready yet on O#. Looking at last year, we could have said he will never be able to throw more TDs than INT over a longer periode of time. This year this looks quite easy to accomplish week in and week out.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 25, 2012, 10:07:58 PM

Who said he sucks?

Are you going to cry and question Freeman every time he doesn't have an amazing game? Dude, missed an opportunity. All QBs do. If you can't handle that, find another sport to follow. Geez.

Don't you know elite QB's throw....35 for 35.......350 yards....no picks......every Sunday.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#40 : November 25, 2012, 10:12:52 PM

Should've known this thread was coming....lol

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#41 : November 25, 2012, 10:26:09 PM

Well guys, especially Hate, did you see Eli Manning miss a SHORT throw to a WIDE OPEN FB in the end zone with NO defender on the FB and NO pressure on Eli?  Not only that, he threw it at LEAST 10 feet over his head!  It was simply amazing!

BTW, right now with 14 minutes left in the 3rd qtr, the Giants are ahead of the Packers 31-10 DESPITE missing that throw.  Yes Nancy, there IS a Santa Claus AND elite QBs DO miss throws to wide open receivers!!

.....just my opinion

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 25, 2012, 10:27:51 PM

Well guys, especially Hate, did you see Eli Manning miss a SHORT throw to a WIDE OPEN FB in the end zone with NO defender on the FB and NO pressure on Eli?  Not only that, he threw it at LEAST 10 feet over his head!  It was simply amazing!

BTW, right now with 14 minutes left in the 3rd qtr, the Giants are ahead of the Packers 31-10 DESPITE missing that throw.  Yes Nancy, there IS a Santa Claus AND elite QBs DO miss throws to wide open receivers!!

The problem here is that we LOST by ONE POINT, against our strongest division RIVAL when PLAYOFFS are on the line.

Freeman should have made that throw, Williams should have walked into the end zone and we should have never lost this game the way we did.

sandogbuc

Second String

#43 : November 25, 2012, 10:28:34 PM

how some of you consider yourselves a fan of this team is laughable. We lost one heck of a football game today, sucks we lost but nothing to be ashamed of.

Did Freeman miss a couple of throws today? Yes he did but if he had about 30 more seconds on the clock, I had nothing but confidence that he would have put us in a position to win today. Don't know if that makes him elite but it does make him a QB I will take into battle every Sunday.

Be happy we have Freeman, you might not like the alternatives

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#44 : November 25, 2012, 10:29:55 PM

Yes we did.  But Freeman is NOT the only QB who misses easy throws to wide open receivers.  Of course we don't want him to and of course HE doesn't want to do it either....but he will again as will every elite QB in the league.

.....just my opinion
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Now with images! Another example of why Freeman might never be elite « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools