Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Now with images! Another example of why Freeman might never be elite « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#75 : November 26, 2012, 11:40:35 AM

I thought Freeman played fairly well yesterday. That M.Williams throw, he needs to make. I think the guy has shown the tendency to step up in the past. If Freeman had thirty seconds left I was confident he would get us a field goal. Unfortunately, there just wasn't enough ticks left. He just saw him late, it was a mistake, it happens.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#76 : November 26, 2012, 11:42:03 AM

No one has ever played the perfect game.   I'm good with Freeman.   Better than that even.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

You Mad

Pro Bowler

#77 : November 26, 2012, 11:54:07 AM

typical knee jerk reaction after a loss. I'm confident Freeman will be a top tier QAB for a long time.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#78 : November 26, 2012, 11:55:21 AM

He's not going to complete every pass. Get over it

no, he's not.  i think a good point to make though - is that to beat the top teams, you have to make the plays when they are there.  we didnt do that yesterday, and we lost a close game.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JohnBuc06

Starter

#79 : November 26, 2012, 12:05:55 PM

Hey at least the OP title shows some improved confidence for Freeman ...it says "another example of why Freeman MIGHT never be elite" ...man in the past that would have simply would have read "WILL never be elite" ...way to jump on the Freeman bandwagon BFT+C!!!!  ;D

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#80 : November 26, 2012, 12:14:33 PM

no, he's not.  i think a good point to make though - is that to beat the top teams, you have to make the plays when they are there.  we didnt do that yesterday, and we lost a close game.
Yes, but you don't have to make them all. Yesterdays game could've been won on any number of plays.

Open MIke Williams
Underwood Drop
Ahmad Black Hold
No Off Sides
Leonard Johnson/Julio Jones.

If one of those plays goes the other way then it did, we probably win.

One of those things was on Josh Freeman. (Not saying you, specifically, are blaming Freeman for the loss. Just speaking to everyone in the thread)

Madman

Hall of Famer

#81 : November 26, 2012, 12:23:36 PM

Yes, but you don't have to make them all. Yesterdays game could've been won on any number of plays.

Open MIke Williams
Underwood Drop
Ahmad Black Hold
No Off Sides
Leonard Johnson/Julio Jones.

If one of those plays goes the other way then it did, we probably win.

One of those things was on Josh Freeman. (Not saying you, specifically, are blaming Freeman for the loss. Just speaking to everyone in the thread)

Very true.

+ Score a TD on 1st and Goal.

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#82 : November 26, 2012, 12:46:03 PM

Freeman is getting called out for the miss to Mike Williams because it was the easiest of all the plays that could have cost us the game. He had no pressure on him and Williams was wide open. He screwed up. He usually makes the play.
All of the other scenarios had a much higher degree if difficulty.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#83 : November 26, 2012, 12:48:52 PM

typical knee jerk reaction after a loss. I'm confident Freeman will be a top tier QAB for a long time.

Really?

The OP points out W/IMAGES that Freeman missed 3 big throws that if he makes even one would've probably resulted in a Bucs win and you call it "knee jerk?"

This place is funny!!!

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#84 : November 26, 2012, 12:57:57 PM

Freeman is getting called out for the miss to Mike Williams because it was the easiest of all the plays that could have cost us the game. He had no pressure on him and Williams was wide open. He screwed up. He usually makes the play.
Not really.

Underwood dropped a routine catch. Refs missed an easy offsides. Leonard Johnson stumbled briefly. Ahmad Black holds someone for no real reason.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#85 : November 26, 2012, 01:01:17 PM

Not really.

Underwood dropped a routine catch. Refs missed an easy offsides. Leonard Johnson stumbled briefly. Ahmad Black holds someone for no real reason.

Was at the game so I couldn't tell...if Underwood makes that catch on 3rd down, do you think he gets enough for a 1st down?

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#86 : November 26, 2012, 01:05:24 PM

Really?

The OP points out W/IMAGES that Freeman missed 3 big throws that if he makes even one would've probably resulted in a Bucs win and you call it "knee jerk?"

This place is funny!!!

I think the point is there are often a couple throws a game a QB may miss that changes the game.

It is a little knee jerk to me because just last week Freeman had a couple throws that you don't see made by many.

At a still very young age, and new offense, I don't expect the guy to be perfect.  The reality to me is we lost this game as a team similar to how we won a game as a team earlier.

Offense missed opportunities.
Defense gave up the big Julio Jones TD, and Black penality.
Special Teams fell asleep on the Rogers big return and Barth missed the 56 yarder

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#87 : November 26, 2012, 01:10:58 PM

Really?

This place is funny!!!

I think the point is there are often a couple throws a game a QB may miss that changes the game.

It is a little knee jerk to me because just last week Freeman had a couple throws that you don't see made by many.

At a still very young age, and new offense, I don't expect the guy to be perfect.  The reality to me is we lost this game as a team similar to how we won a game as a team earlier.

Special Teams fell asleep on the Rogers big return and Barth missed the 56 yarder

IMO, this is 2 games in a row where Freeman has been about average. For this team to win, he has to be better than that.

Of course there were a lot of plays yesterday that could've changed the outcome of the game, but the throw he missed to Mike Will stands out to me (and others I think) because it should've been a routine throw for Freeman.

As far as last week goes, yes, Freeman was great on the final drive, but again, up 10-0, he throws an awful pick 6 which changed the momentum and totally turned that game around. I understand he's young in terms of age, but he's not young in terms of NFL experience so if people want to start calling this guy elite, he needs to start playing better consistently. IMO, there was too much hype regarding Freeman which started about 2 weeks ago. Let's all settle down about him and see what he does the rest of this season and next.

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#88 : November 26, 2012, 01:54:09 PM

Really?

This place is funny!!!

IMO, this is 2 games in a row where Freeman has been about average. For this team to win, he has to be better than that.

Of course there were a lot of plays yesterday that could've changed the outcome of the game, but the throw he missed to Mike Will stands out to me (and others I think) because it should've been a routine throw for Freeman.

As far as last week goes, yes, Freeman was great on the final drive, but again, up 10-0, he throws an awful pick 6 which changed the momentum and totally turned that game around. I understand he's young in terms of age, but he's not young in terms of NFL experience so if people want to start calling this guy elite, he needs to start playing better consistently. IMO, there was too much hype regarding Freeman which started about 2 weeks ago. Let's all settle down about him and see what he does the rest of this season and next.

Thats fair.  For the record, I don't think he is elite yet.  But, I like his chances of becoming one of the greats.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#89 : November 26, 2012, 02:35:49 PM

Hey at least the OP title shows some improved confidence for Freeman ...it says "another example of why Freeman MIGHT never be elite" ...man in the past that would have simply would have read "WILL never be elite" ...way to jump on the Freeman bandwagon BFT+C!!!!  ;D

Actually, that is exactly what the original title said. "Another example of why Freeman will never be elite." He altered it shortly after.

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Now with images! Another example of why Freeman might never be elite « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools