Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Its still early...but if we are looking at Defense End in the draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

aquilus

Pro Bowler

: November 26, 2012, 09:42:52 AM

Wherever he lands...mid first to  mid second....Bjoern Werner needs to be a Target for the Bucs

As a Gator fan I was SUPER impressed with this kid...

El Diablo

Starter

#1 : November 26, 2012, 10:01:02 AM

I love that kid! He will make a sudden impact. Great pass rush and bats balls at the line like jj watt

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#2 : November 26, 2012, 10:01:04 AM

The GERMANATOR!

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 26, 2012, 10:02:57 AM

do you think he is a better player than brandon jenkins?  than tank carradine?  i dont remember his name being called all that much from the UF game...but i was drinking heavily. 

i do think he's a great player, and would love to have him.  just not sold on him being the "missing piece".

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 26, 2012, 10:08:16 AM

He's a good player but doesn't he have a pretty similar game to Clayborn and Bennett as a brawling bull rusher? Ideally, the Bucs need someone to complement them with elite speed around the edge.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

El Diablo

Starter

#5 : November 26, 2012, 10:12:47 AM

do you think he is a better player than brandon jenkins?  than tank carradine?  i dont remember his name being called all that much from the UF game...but i was drinking heavily. 

i do think he's a great player, and would love to have him.  just not sold on him being the "missing piece".

He was all over the place. He had 3.5 sacks in the game I believe and he sniffs out screens and just plays smart.

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#6 : November 26, 2012, 10:34:10 AM

He was all over the place. He had 3.5 sacks in the game I believe and he sniffs out screens and just plays smart.

Tank got owned that game....Werner wa the guy making all the noise

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#7 : November 26, 2012, 10:39:04 AM

He's a good player but doesn't he have a pretty similar game to Clayborn and Bennett as a brawling bull rusher? Ideally, the Bucs need someone to complement them with elite speed around the edge.

I think speed rushers are overrated....Give me a Jared Allen and JJ Watt over any speed rusher in the league....speed rushers typically come with limited technique and require more time...aka the late Gaines Adams

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 26, 2012, 10:42:37 AM

Would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE.

...but we are gonna have to trade up to get him. Dude has the potential to have an Aldon Smith-type impact. This pass rush would be just damn silly with Werner/GMC/Clayborn/Bennett/Bowers.

#harasstheQB

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 26, 2012, 10:52:56 AM

I think speed rushers are overrated....Give me a Jared Allen and JJ Watt over any speed rusher in the league....speed rushers typically come with limited technique and require more time...aka the late Gaines Adams
Jared Allen has elite speed around the edge. And while Watt is an excellent bull rusher, the Texans still have speed around the edge with Barwin and Reed to complement Watt.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#10 : November 26, 2012, 10:59:27 AM

Jared Allen has elite speed around the edge. And while Watt is an excellent bull rusher, the Texans still have speed around the edge with Barwin and Reed to complement Watt.

When I think of Speed rushers I think of Peppers, Abraham, and Mario Williams....Jared Allen might have speed but I think his speed is not on the level of that...he is a great technical pass rusher

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#11 : November 26, 2012, 11:00:01 AM

but I see where you are going...its good to have a mix

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 26, 2012, 11:04:41 AM

This ^^^^^

I like Werner a lot but I dont think he adds a different dimension than what he have now.  We need some speed and size coming off the edge.  A JPP or Aldon Smith type.  Not that these type of guys grow on trees but we are missing that right now and it shows when the QB seems to have all day sitting in the pocket

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 26, 2012, 11:10:11 AM

When I think of Speed rushers I think of Peppers, Abraham, and Mario Williams....Jared Allen might have speed but I think his speed is not on the level of that...he is a great technical pass rusher
All those players are great technical pass rushers with speed around the edge.

yungbull

Starter
#14 : November 26, 2012, 11:15:28 AM

I've been saying that for weeks now.  If we could get elite pass rushing ability off the edge or Kawann Short and CBs in the 2nd and mid rds, id be ecstatic!
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Its still early...but if we are looking at Defense End in the draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools