Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: At least David Stern isn't the NFL commissioner... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#15 : November 30, 2012, 05:28:24 PM

Spurs play an important game against Memphis - the southwest division leader tomorrow. More important than any game with the Eastern Conference teams.

Stern can go stick it.

wampuscatiam

Second String

#16 : November 30, 2012, 05:30:36 PM

I understand they are in different divisions and all, but if you were to have bought tickets to the Spurs/Magic game the other night and the Spurs three best players did not even make the trip you would have been pissed off.  Am I right?  And Morgan, c'mon bro, the Spurs and the Heat is a big game.  There are only about six good teams left in the NBA and the Spurs and Heat are at the top.......

wampuscatiam

Second String

#17 : November 30, 2012, 05:33:26 PM

Bro I'm with ya on Stern, I can't stand the guy.  I have been a huge fan of the game since the late eighties and the NBA has been getting worse and worse over the last few years.  The small market teams have no chance......

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 30, 2012, 05:37:47 PM

Spurs announced that they'd sit their top players several days ago. It is up to Stern and his peons to monitor the news coming from the teams proactively. Hard to believe he's in charge of this billion dollar industry.

wampuscatiam

Second String

#19 : November 30, 2012, 05:50:38 PM

It's a shame.....

And I bet the Magic get the first pick of the next NBA lottery, but it's not rigged. Ya Right

Ironworker808

Second String

#20 : November 30, 2012, 06:26:17 PM

Stern is just pissed that his conference powerhouse game that was going up against Thursday Night Football got shot all to hell.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 30, 2012, 07:31:15 PM

Stern is just pissed that his conference powerhouse game that was going up against Thursday Night Football got shot all to hell.

Precisely. But the NBA scheduling is the problem.. 4 games in 5 days? And one of them is on TNT. That's The leagues fault.

Also the season should be cut in half. This isn't baseball, it's more physically demanding.. So year in and year out we have to watch a watered down product because everyone is on the shelf

This guy...

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 01, 2012, 02:34:11 AM

Spurs were fined 250K...wow.

I'm starting to like Roger Goodell more and more...

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 01, 2012, 06:05:15 AM

Knowing Spurs fans, they'll take up a collection and help pay off the fine. That's how important that franchise is to San Antonio. 

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 01, 2012, 10:07:15 AM

Does the NBAPA have an issue with the sanctions? That's bull bologna

This guy...

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 01, 2012, 04:09:04 PM

This action by Stern clearly demonstrates that at higher levels the NBA (and really ALL pro sports) are much, much, more about ENTERTAINMENT than the sport itself. Just follow the money trail... Sad really. And to some fans and media folks, they feel "ripped off" if they don't receive maximum entertainment, i.e., seeing their favorite players in action. Kinda like going to a Theatre and the leading actors are absent, with their subs onstage for that performance instead. All part of that instant gratification craze these days.
     I'm old-fashioned I guess; still view Pro sports primarily as a sport. I'm a fan of the TEAM as a whole, not just individual players. Of course there are individual players whose game I admire on other teams, but I wouldn't spend money to just see them as part of another team.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 01, 2012, 04:13:45 PM

who are they trying to kid about the Spurs being a marquee team anyway - I remember every time the Spurs won a championship hearing that no one cared or even watched the finals those years because the Spurs were boring to watch....this was probably more of a message to two or three NBA teams like the Lakers or the Celtics.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: At least David Stern isn't the NFL commissioner... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools