Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Its still early...but if we are looking at Defense End in the draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#45 : November 26, 2012, 06:23:56 PM

Even when the G-men had osi, tuck, and mathias kiwinuaka they still drafted Jason Pierre Paul

Even when the Gmen had 2 DE's and a SLB, they still drafted a DE?
I doubt their D backs were as bad as ours now when they were drafting linemen.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#46 : November 26, 2012, 11:40:16 PM

Even when the G-men had osi, tuck, and mathias kiwinuaka they still drafted Jason Pierre Paul

Even when the Gmen had 2 DE's and a SLB, they still drafted a DE?
I doubt their D backs were as bad as ours now when they were drafting linemen.

But what do you do, draft a safety in the 1st round every year just because your safety play is bad?

I think you can never go wrong with drafting dline in the 1st round. Value wise it makes sense to draft shut down corners and Dline in the 1st round, never safeties. Since we aren't getting a shut down corner this year I think Dline in the 1st and DB in the 2nd and 3rd rounds would be smart. Barron may need some competition next year. If his play doesn't pick up, I'm not comfortable with him being handed a starting job based on draft status. He's below average right now..........but still an upgrade over Sean Jones if your glass is half full..

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#47 : November 27, 2012, 12:07:29 AM

I agree that we need a DE early on....

...but it will do no good if Sheridan drops them off in coverage....

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

big_JLB

Starter

#48 : November 27, 2012, 12:26:53 AM

i wouldnt mind werner, but if they intend to draft a speed rusher i'm hoping ziggy ansah from BYU is someone they consider...dude originally went to BYU for track

...and if its a high-motor type, ohio state's john simon seems like a schiano kind of player, and a team captain as well

(defensive highlights start at 1:56...simon has a 4 sack day)
: November 27, 2012, 12:30:23 AM big_jlb

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#49 : November 27, 2012, 12:41:54 AM

I agree that we need a DE early on....

...but it will do no good if Sheridan drops them off in coverage....

Bingo, in this scheme the pressure is designed to come from LBs and DBs.  The DL are there to occupy blockers and to disguise and create gaps for the blitzers to run through.  Spending a premium pick on a DE would be a waste.

McCoy93

Starter

#50 : November 27, 2012, 12:43:41 AM

I'm hoping for that freak athlete at the defensive end spot. We need an end who has that elite agility, quick burst with the ability to turn the corners and close the gap quickly.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#51 : November 27, 2012, 02:26:36 AM

I would just end up picking BPA at DE or CB. Still have to see when we we're picking, and who would be available.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#52 : November 27, 2012, 07:19:06 AM

Watch us make one of those unsexy picks like OG or OT....I wouldn't be opposed to G. Would instantly be an upgrade from Davin for about $5 million cheaper.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#53 : November 27, 2012, 07:25:44 AM

Bjoern The Beserker !!  He kind of reminds me of J.J. Watt .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#54 : November 27, 2012, 07:28:49 AM

Watch us make one of those unsexy picks like OG or OT....I wouldn't be opposed to G. Would instantly be an upgrade from Davin for about $5 million cheaper.

You honestly think Penn and Joseph , two pro bowlers , should be replaced with high draft picks? Even with so many needs on defensive line and secondary ?

1st of all a rookie guard would not be an immediate upgrade over Joseph. 2nd of all , you make yourself sound ignorant every time you suggest this...

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#55 : November 27, 2012, 07:47:19 AM

how big do you believe werner is?  ive seen him listed at 6-4 260.  quite a ways from 6-6 290.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#56 : November 27, 2012, 07:51:38 AM

I would just end up picking BPA at DE or CB.

pretty much, unless somebody amazing falls in our lap.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#57 : November 27, 2012, 07:56:52 AM

yeah and they got pierre paul right from our own house but that's the past. i have washed my hands of that

you really wanted to draft JPP at #3?  a guy that played at 3 community colleges and had one year of big east football?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#58 : November 27, 2012, 07:57:37 AM

Since we aren't getting a shut down corner this year

why not?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#59 : November 27, 2012, 08:00:36 AM

how big do you believe werner is?  ive seen him listed at 6-4 260.  quite a ways from 6-6 290.

Don't know honestly. He plays big and strong though.

BTW , for those saying it won't help because Sheridan drops lineman in coverage: The reason we blitz so much , stunt so much , and drop lineman into coverage , is because he knows damn well these 4 down lineman can't bring pressure anyways. That is proven on a weekly basis.  Can't blame the guy for trying to be creative with his lackluster talent.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Its still early...but if we are looking at Defense End in the draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools