Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Its still early...but if we are looking at Defense End in the draft « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#60 : November 27, 2012, 08:13:07 AM

Dion Jordan,  6-7 and has the speed to be an Aldon Smith type. I see allot of batted balls in his future.

+2

Demontre Moore maybe, haven't seen him play but everything I have read is good

Prince Shembo of ND is on my radar as well...

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#61 : November 27, 2012, 08:36:54 AM

Dion Jordan,  6-7 and has the speed to be an Aldon Smith type.

i realize everyone on the aldon smith train isnt getting off, but i wonder if he'd be the same player in a 4-3...without all the talent around him.  he's certainly better than i thought, but i still gotta question.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#62 : November 27, 2012, 09:13:22 AM

The Germanator probably leads ncaa in batted balls. Dude is all over the place on film. He has a soccer background I believe so he is def a great athlete.

El Diablo

Starter

#63 : November 27, 2012, 09:22:46 AM

Yes Werner is listed at 260 but he is a jr this year and will get bigger. Come out at a 270 beast like Jared Allen.

Ms Elam

Starter

#64 : November 27, 2012, 09:39:23 AM

He's a good player but doesn't he have a pretty similar game to Clayborn and Bennett as a brawling bull rusher? Ideally, the Bucs need someone to complement them with elite speed around the edge.

I think speed rushers are overrated....Give me a Jared Allen and JJ Watt over any speed rusher in the league....speed rushers typically come with limited technique and require more time...aka the late Gaines Adams
Jared Allen has elite speed around the edge. And while Watt is an excellent bull rusher, the Texans still have speed around the edge with Barwin and Reed to complement Watt.
Yea you are underestimating the speed of those guys just because they aren't 250 pounds and dont fly straight up field. Remember, jj is listed as a defensive end, but in that 3-4 its essentially a4-3 tackle. The game is changing, speed rushers are a must.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#65 : November 27, 2012, 10:14:40 AM

Watch us make one of those unsexy picks like OG or OT....I wouldn't be opposed to G. Would instantly be an upgrade from Davin for about $5 million cheaper.

You honestly think Penn and Joseph , two pro bowlers , should be replaced with high draft picks? Even with so many needs on defensive line and secondary ?

1st of all a rookie guard would not be an immediate upgrade over Joseph. 2nd of all , you make yourself sound ignorant every time you suggest this...

Not Penn. I was saying that it would be funny(in a bad way) if we went for a pick that wasn't "sexy". At least Penn can at times play at an elite level. Depending on the situation, if the top G were available at say...20..then I would be ok with it. Though it definitely would not be my 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th choice, I would get it cause it would mean that the ceiling of our OL would be that much higher and that Bostad was probably getting a guy he could really mold into an elite talent.  Davin hasn't played well since 2009. The last two years, he has been below average. Yet, he was the highest paid guard in the league this year. Thanks Dom. We actually would get more value starting Meredith next year, than we would starting Davin. There is absolutely zero drop off in play and you pay $8 million less, if you we cut Davin, that is. Yes, a rookie G could absolutely come in and be an upgrade over Davin. That is just proof that you have no clue what you are talking about. You can deem what I say as "ignorant" if you like...makes no difference to me. I am a lot more confident in my analysis of Bucs players than any opinion you have regarding them. You seem like a person who just looks at the stat sheet to determine a players worth, rather than actually looking at what individual player is doing, play to play. Evidence of this would be that you stated that Matt Ryan had X amount of yards...there for "Girly Man" didn't do his job. No wonder Biggsy throws the S word your way.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#66 : November 27, 2012, 11:41:24 AM

I like Werner quite a bit, especially for a mid-first rounder.  And I don't have a problem with his game-speed.  I think he'd be a great pick-up for Tampa.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#67 : November 27, 2012, 03:32:07 PM

Dion Jordan,  6-7 and has the speed to be an Aldon Smith type.

i realize everyone on the aldon smith train isnt getting off, but i wonder if he'd be the same player in a 4-3...without all the talent around him.  he's certainly better than i thought, but i still gotta question.
Aldon Smith weighed 263 lbs at the Combine as a 21-year old, had 11 sacks as a 19-year old redshirt freshman in the Big XII, and just broke Reggie White's NFL record for fastest player to 30 career sacks. Dude's a stud in any defense.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#68 : November 27, 2012, 06:25:00 PM

Evidence of this would be that you stated that Matt Ryan had X amount of yards...there for "Girly Man" didn't do his job. No wonder Biggsy throws the S word your way.

Buggs throws lots of insults around ...hence the reason he's been suspended so many times. Sadly ,  I can't claim any special treatment in that regard.

It's not just Matt Ryan , it's every QB we've played all season. They sit back there in the pocket all day and shred us . We can't get pressure without blitzing , and usually not even then. It's getting old , and I'm tired of the excuses. GirlyMan needs to start getting to the QB because no one else can , and he's the one getting paid like an elite player. He's got the talent to do it , he just doesn't have the "dog" in him to do it.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#69 : November 27, 2012, 06:37:44 PM

Yes Werner is listed at 260 but he is a jr this year and will get bigger. Come out at a 270 beast like Jared Allen.

he actually lost weight. he was 275 last year and was beastly. he got his weight down and his sack total went way up. i imagine he will play at about 265-270 in the league

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#70 : November 27, 2012, 06:55:27 PM

Evidence of this would be that you stated that Matt Ryan had X amount of yards...there for "Girly Man" didn't do his job. No wonder Biggsy throws the S word your way.

Buggs throws lots of insults around ...hence the reason he's been suspended so many times. Sadly ,  I can't claim any special treatment in that regard.

It's not just Matt Ryan , it's every QB we've played all season. They sit back there in the pocket all day and shred us . We can't get pressure without blitzing , and usually not even then. It's getting old , and I'm tired of the excuses. GirlyMan needs to start getting to the QB because no one else can , and he's the one getting paid like an elite player. He's got the talent to do it , he just doesn't have the "dog" in him to do it.

That's where I will disagree. I don't think he has the talent to get after the QB as much as people expect him to. He isn't all that versatile. He is a LOS disrupter.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#71 : December 01, 2012, 04:47:48 PM

Not a DE but Anthony Barr could get a look as a pass rushing OLB. 13.5 sack on the season for UCLA.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Its still early...but if we are looking at Defense End in the draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools