Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Everyone in this room knows we're the better team" « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Jack Rabbit Slim

Hall of Famer

: November 26, 2012, 12:53:06 PM

The NFL calendar says it's time to start preparing for the Denver Broncos, but the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are struggling to turn the page.

A day after Sunday's bitter 24-23 setback, the Bucs were still lamenting the loss to the first-place Falcons that dropped them to 6-5 and cost them a chance to take the lead in the chase for an NFC wild-card playoff spot.

"I'm still upset about it,'' Tampa Bay linebacker Adam Hayward said Monday. "Once we look at our mistakes and figure out how to correct them, we'll move on to Denver, but right now, I'm still upset especially because I can't stand Atlanta.''

The Bucs have now lost to their NFC South rivals seven times in the past eight meetings, with four of the losses coming by four points or fewer.

"They're close games, and that's what is really frustrating,'' Hayward said. "We left a lot of plays out there and it's frustrating when you play a team like that you know you can beat. Their record says they're 10-1, but they're not a 10-1 team. They've got good players, but we've got good players, too. Everyone in this room knows we're the better team.''

The Bucs are 3-0 against AFC West opponents, but the challenge Sunday is formidable. A six-game winning streak has improved the Broncos to 8-3 and Peyton Manning is the NFL's third-rated passer.

"Denver is a challenge in itself,'' Hayward said. "We've got to get past this game and the nasty feeling that's still in this building because (Manning) is a great quarterback. We've got five games left and to get into the (playoffs), we need a ticket.''

gillen033

Starter

#1 : November 26, 2012, 01:52:52 PM

Seriously? Coach had better have a talk with Hayward. I like the attitude, but there's no need to provide bulletin board material to the Falcons for future games.

And being better isn't just about having "better" players. You've got to execute.

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

#2 : November 26, 2012, 01:56:29 PM

Seriously? Coach had better have a talk with Hayward. I like the attitude, but there's no need to provide bulletin board material to the Falcons for future games.

And being better isn't just about having "better" players. You've got to execute.

Making comments like this also severely go against the one game season mentality Schiano has implemented this year.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#3 : November 26, 2012, 01:58:59 PM

A talk with Heyward? Bulletin board stuff? Dude, that's confidence and I agree with him. If you are going to be scared to give the falcons bulletin board material then just pack it up and say "we can't beat them".

We need more of that confidence on this team. That is a veteran talking and as hard as he plays he can back it up.

I do not disagree with his assessment at all, now just put it on tape.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 26, 2012, 02:08:21 PM

I like it. Warren Sapp never worried about the bulletin board (not that Heyward is Sapp), but I like the attitude. This team could use some of that. Unfortunately, though we have good players, a lot of them seem like real nice guys with no mean streak. This defense needs a mouth. A fire**CENSORED**. I don't think Heyward is it, but I like his attitude.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 26, 2012, 02:12:28 PM

I have no problem with him saying that.. The falcons had plenty of bulletin board material to use on Sunday and we lost by one.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 26, 2012, 02:16:47 PM

Alpha male talk right there.

Glad someone in the lockerroom acts like a man. People who worry about talk, have never been in a fight.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 26, 2012, 02:21:04 PM

I want the other 52 guys to say the same thing. Even Myron Lewis.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 26, 2012, 02:29:12 PM

I'm not sure the Bucs are a better team, but they were certainly good enough to win.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

You Mad

Pro Bowler

#9 : November 26, 2012, 05:33:54 PM

I'm not sure the Bucs are a better team, but they were certainly good enough to win.

Crown us?

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 26, 2012, 05:37:17 PM

ATL offensive line > Bucs defensive line
Bucs offensive line < ATL defensive line

Difference was the run game. ATL is the better team we just have a better all-around RB while they have an HOF TE so we're even talent wise on offense.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#11 : November 26, 2012, 05:38:54 PM

I want the other 52 guys to say the same thing. Even Myron Lewis, right up until we dump him.
I got that one for you youngone.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 26, 2012, 09:04:05 PM

I don't see anything out of line with the comments.  Just confidence speaking, and thats a good thing.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 26, 2012, 09:36:30 PM

A talk with Heyward? Bulletin board stuff? Dude, that's confidence and I agree with him. If you are going to be scared to give the falcons bulletin board material then just pack it up and say "we can't beat them".

We need more of that confidence on this team. That is a veteran talking and as hard as he plays he can back it up.

I do not disagree with his assessment at all, now just put it on tape.

I agree with you 100%. If you're beat mentally, you've already lost!! F*ck Atlanta!!

-------------------------------------------------------

gillen033

Starter

#14 : November 26, 2012, 10:59:48 PM

Lol right. I guess that's why players and coaches purposely talk trash before a game; because they don't care about lighting a fire under the opponents ass's. Oh wait, nevermind, they speak as if they're playing a team full of football Gods. Wonder why that is . .

You don't hand the other team extra motivation. There's just no point.

Besides, it's a silly thing to say after you just lost. What the hell's the point of playing the game if a player can simply say they're better. We lost. They're 10-1, we're 6-5. Guys should be saying, "we've got work to do," or "we need to get better." In my opinion, if you're not good enough to just stomp an opponent and dominate, then any close losses are deserved. So quit whining, accept that you're not as good as you think, and get better.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Everyone in this room knows we're the better team" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools