Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fireman Ed quits « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

J-Train

Pro Bowler

« : November 26, 2012, 01:11:22 PM »

http://msn.foxsports.com/lacesout/fireman-ed-stepping-down/1561/?ocid=ansfox11
"How bad has this season been for the New York Jets? So bad that it convinced Ed Anzalone, aka “Fireman Ed,” to step away from his post as a fan leader for the team.

Anzalone has been a Jets fan since 1975 and has been leading a J-E-T-S chant from Section 134 at Jets home games since 1986. However, the drama, negativity, and losing surrounding the team became too much for him this season.

Fireman Ed left before halftime of the Jets’ loss 49-19 loss to the New England Patriots on Thursday. He also deleted his Twitter account that day.

In a column for Metro.us, Anzalone said that was the second time in a row he left before the game ended. He also explained why he would be stepping down as “Fireman Ed,” blaming society for the increased confrontations he’s faced this season.

Here’s what he wrote:

I decided to leave Thursday because the confrontations with other Jets fans have become more common, even though most Jets fans are fantastic.

This is an indication of how society has lost and is continuing to lose respect for one another. The stadium has become divided because of the quarterback controversy as well. The fact that I chose to wear a Mark Sanchez jersey this year and that fans think I am on the payroll — which is an outright lie — have made these confrontations more frequent. Whether it’s in the stands, the bathroom or the parking lot, these confrontations are happening on a consistent basis.

Although I can “hold my own,” I do not want to lose my temper and make a stupid mistake. I have a responsibility to the families and kids that enjoy the game and Fireman Ed.

Anzalone added that he will always love the Jets and continue to attend games, just not as “Fireman Ed."

Thanks for the sig Java!

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
« #1 : November 26, 2012, 01:19:21 PM »

Hahahahahaha god I hate the jets, their fans, and tim tebow....this makes yesterday more bareable :D
« : November 26, 2012, 01:25:55 PM TampaBucks05 »

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

« #2 : November 26, 2012, 01:22:51 PM »

Love him or hate him but every team could use a Fireman Ed.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
« #3 : November 26, 2012, 01:23:05 PM »

That's sad, he was a good fan for them for a long time. I don't think it's the New York fanbase though, I'd imagine any fanbase would have given him hell for wearing that jersey when Sanchez has been playing terrible.

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

« #4 : November 26, 2012, 01:30:45 PM »

That's sad, he was a good fan for them for a long time. I don't think it's the New York fanbase though, I'd imagine any fanbase would have given him hell for wearing that jersey when Sanchez has been playing terrible.

He's not going anywhere and I won't be surprised if fans (at games) get him back to cheering.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #5 : November 26, 2012, 01:35:11 PM »

Sucks when good fans get trashed...   he'll still be there...

What would it be like if one of our 'icon' fans threw in the towel?   Armageddon.   ;)

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #6 : November 26, 2012, 01:36:14 PM »

slow news day?

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #7 : November 26, 2012, 01:39:28 PM »

This is an indication of how society has lost and is continuing to lose respect for one another.

So true.       

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

« #8 : November 26, 2012, 01:40:17 PM »

Damn he quit because of Tebow fans. 

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« #9 : November 26, 2012, 01:48:02 PM »

So Tebow is such a cancer he not only destroys the team, but the fan base too?

Seriously, a back-up QB is not the reason a team is sucking. If Sanchez and the Jets offense were playing better football, no one would even know Tebow is on the team.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #10 : November 26, 2012, 01:48:34 PM »

I don't believe JavaRay had anything to do with it.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #11 : November 26, 2012, 01:50:19 PM »

I don't believe JavaRay had anything to do with it.

http://www.antimonkeybutt.com/

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

« #12 : November 26, 2012, 02:00:22 PM »

Seriously, a back-up QB is not the reason a team is sucking. If Sanchez and the Jets offense were playing better football, no one would even know Tebow is on the team.
It's not because of Tebow.  It's because of Tebow fans.  Did you read the article?  He basically said that he's quitting because he can't deal with the Tebow fans.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« #13 : November 26, 2012, 02:09:10 PM »

It's not because of Tebow.  It's because of Tebow fans.  Did you read the article?  He basically said that he's quitting because he can't deal with the Tebow fans.

And if the Jets were playing decently well, those Tebow fans would keep their mouths shut.

And it's not just the fans.... apparently its in the locker room too. Rex Ryan is losing it.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/11/some_anonymous_jet_players_say.html

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #14 : November 26, 2012, 02:13:38 PM »

Wth is a "fireman ed?"

...is it anything like a "dirty Sanchez?"

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fireman Ed quits « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools